reloaderguy

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act Scheduled for House Floor Vote on Tuesday-HR822

Now it has to be passed in Senate... then signed by Obama... if vetoed, goes back and needs to be overturned. Senate will likely wait to attach this bill to another one, and pass it as a package, kind of like the way the CCW in national parks was.

A.a.a.a.nd...... It PASSES!!!!

OK, what happens now?

It goes to the Senate. It would easily pass on its own, but then would be vetoed by the President. Expect the Senate to attempt to attach it to some other piece of legislation that cannot be vetoed. To do that they will need 60 votes, which will be very close.

Every time I see that I think it's some skit of a comedy show, I really have no idea how he responded with first not laughing his a** off, but I keep expecting a question back like, Did you really just ask me if the island will tip over??

Oh Nick, you better watch out, where you work, it's an island, you think you could call out scared that you saw too many people getting on the train one day and you were worried?:icon_mrgreen:

Ok. This is GREAT News and non the sooner.

Now onto the US Senate. Based on the previous version of HR822, the Thune Amendment, the new breakdown in the current US Senate tells me that it will pass fillibuster-proof(?), as the new 2011 HR822.

Now there are approx 8 more Pro-2A Senators in the Senate and the Democrats that voted FOR the previous Thune Amendment are still most likely going to vote that way again.

My math tells me about 60-65 US Senators will sign onto HR822 (2011).

No I am really not Matt, but I had to say it out loud. It is one of the reasons our Country is going down the turd chute.

Tim, I'll let it slide myself for now, I figure we haven't seen anything like this that is a step closer to getting us where we are trying to get in 45 years as NJ residents, I'll chalk it up to excitement.:icon_mrgreen: