Steve_G

The family grows by one

nice, where did you find a 9L?!?!?!?!

I had 2 FFL's looking for me and couldn't find anything. L or Pro. I posted a WTB in several forums and got a few offers. This seemed the best. NIB from a FFL in Texas. No mags though, I had to order them from G&R. They should be in Friday.

Next up, Dawson fiberoptic front sight, Warren Rear, Apex competition kit. =) Right right?

The Apex comp aek was supposed to come today, hopefully tomorrow. I'll be ordering the DP front and rear next week. Any reason you mentioned the Warren rear over the Dawson? Maybe the Apex USB as well. Would love to get the FSS but, that would take me out of production. :icon_mrgreen:

the apex competition kit includes the striker block.

FSS?

And I think the dawson kit includes warren rear iirc?

Dawson front http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000A09-1240607676

Rear http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000998-1231195463

I was thinking about the Apex RAM, not the USB, http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000998-1231195463

The FSS is a complete replacement trigger. https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid54.html

What model replaced the 9L then?

That is a sweet looking pistol. I'm giving careful thought

to a dedicated competition pistol and it's between a G17, 34,

and the S&W MP series.

I had a Warren front and rear on my 9L but i didn't care for the super wide rear notch (.150") and the skinny .115 front. I went to a set of Dawsons with a much smaller F/R width differential. Frankly i don't know why people use that combo, the front is absolutely swimming in a sea of light with how much gap there is side to side in the sight picture. If that combo interests you, i'm looking to unload mine, they're just collecting dust. I love my 9L though. I had Dan Burwell do a trigger job on mine and its pretty damn slick. Its too bad Smith stopped selling these, they're an awesome platform to start with. Stock they need a trigger job in the worst way though! lol

What model replaced the 9L then?

That is a sweet looking pistol. I'm giving careful thought

to a dedicated competition pistol and it's between a G17, 34,

and the S&W MP series.

It wasn't reall replaced, just discontinued. My guess is it was out selling their S&W Performamnce Center Pro 5" and they removed it from the market to force more "Pro" sales. The 5" Pro is the same gun with a S&W trigger job and Novak FO sights.

I took a ride down to Shoreshot this morning and put about 200 rounds through the M&P. (As well as the FNP45). They both performed perfectly, no failures of any kind.

When I got home and started cleaning, I figured, seems like a good time to install the Apex CompAEK. That went pretty well too. (Except for dropping that tiny little plunger under the sear). It took me about an hour for the install, about half of that was searching for the plunger and trying to get the trigger pivot pin back in. Definitely feels smoother and quite a bit lighter. I had to remove the rear sight for the install, so I removed the front as well. It's sitting sightless now waiting for the Dawsons to come in. Once they're on, I'll get it back to the range.

Let me know how you like those sights, I've thought about getting a set.

I will, as soon as I get a chance to try them out.

Bladetech came last week, just got a chance to really check it out. It came with the DOH but it feels more comfortable without it.

blade002.jpg

blade003.jpg