bry@n

VA mans shoots himself in front of kids

shirt tail..we saw it at the last uspsa event forget who was shooting but his shirt went into the trigger guard and we stopped him before drawing..That is one nice thing about shooting uspsa 15 other guys have your back..

You mean Frank? Yes, shirt got a bit into the pocket of the holster, but not into the trigger guard....

however....

we are missing big details here. How does trying to undo seat belt pull the trigger on the gun? And why was the muzzle pointed at the hip?

You mean Frank? Yes, shirt got a bit into the pocket of the holster, but not into the trigger guard....

however....

we are missing big details here. How does trying to undo seat belt pull the trigger on the gun? And why was the muzzle pointed at the hip?

It doesn't especially on a Glock, but remember, Glock could have been mentioned by name because the media thinks all handguns are Glocks..

They have to follow up with the details on what exactly happened. Sadly that NEVER HAPPENS.

Instead non-gun/anti-gun people read the story and assume that guns randomly shoot people.

If it were more properly explained that this is due to the negligence of the person behind

the trigger, improper holster, etc. then perhaps we could undo some of the misinformation

out there about guns.

And why was the muzzle pointed at the hip?

Well I don't know if about how it was pointed exactly, but I know that when I wear my Glock it's at about 3:00 on my waistband. When I sit down I don't that I don't doubt that if my gun went off the bullet would strike my hip. Just like the dude in that video that was goin around that shot himself in the leg.