Duppie

No fog shooting glasses.

I have a unique problem. I have the ability to fog up even the best no fog glasses and masks.

I run hot apparently and every since I was a kid saw life underwater in a fog and on land, constantly wiping condensation off my sunglasses and more recently, my shooting glasses.

I currently have 3 pairs of shooting glasses in my range bag all claiming to be no fog,Bolle,Bobster,and LL Bean but about 10 minutes after I hit the range, I'm in a constant battle to see clearly through my fogged up lens.

So my question is, what is my best option? new ,better glasses,no fog wipes,spit with tobacco? Help.

When I was buying snorkeling gear from a professional dive shop in Hoboken, they all told me to wax the inside lens of my mask with toothpaste and rinse after like 2 mnutes (if I remember correctly) or, kind of disgusting, spit on the lens. There are special no fog wipes that you can buy online. Give it a shot. More knowledgeable people should chime in soon.

Ryan

When I was buying snorkeling gear from a professional dive shop in Hoboken, they all told me to wax the inside lens of my mask with toothpaste or, kind of disgusting, spit on the lens. There are special no fog wipes that you can buy online. Give it a shot. More knowledgeable people should chime in soon.

Ryan

I've been spitting in masks for 40 years, also mixing spit with tobacco works for most people but a temporary fix for me.Toothpaste don't work.

The only lens I ever had that was antifog without putting on some kind of spray/wax/solution were "thermal" lenses. They were double pane lenses with a gasket keeping the two lenses apart , creating an insulation layer.

Otherwise, any other goggle/mask/glasses that I have purshased that claimed "anti-fog" were all bunk, some worked for awhile, then eventually their ability faded.

I recommend doing an interweb search for anti-fog wipe and waxes specifically designed for the purpose. Use it on your favorite shooting glasses. I believe RainX makes some products that might be available at a local autoparts store. Apply to both the outer and inner lens.

Stay away from stuff made for SCUBA, as they usually require a few water rinse cycles, and are designed to work while a little damp. They would still work even if you buff them dry, but usually not optimally.

The only lens I ever had that was antifog without putting on some kind of spray/wax/solution were "thermal" lenses. They were double pane lenses with a gasket keeping the two lenses apart , creating an insulation layer.

Otherwise, any other goggle/mask/glasses that I have purshased that claimed "anti-fog" were all bunk, some worked for awhile, then eventually their ability faded.

I recommend doing an interweb search for anti-fog wipe and waxes specifically designed for the purpose. Use it on your favorite shooting glasses. I believe RainX makes some products that might be available at a local autoparts store. Apply to both the outer and inner lens.

Stay away from stuff made for SCUBA, as they usually require a few water rinse cycles, and are designed to work while a little damp. They would still work even if you buff them dry, but usually not optimally.

Rain x? Now why didn't I think of that? I use it not only on my cars but also on shower doors to prevent fogging and soap scum build up. sometimes.... the forest for the trees....

Rain x? Now why didn't I think of that? I use it not only on my cars but also on shower doors to prevent fogging and soap scum build up. sometimes.... the forest for the trees....

The regular stuff is worth a shot, but RainX also makes a specific "antifog" product. My link

cat crap can work for a lot of folks. But it also cuts clarity a little, and some find that unacceptable.

Rudy project glasses are good, most of their sports designs are designed to ride off your face while offering wrap around coverage. Their impact X lenses are tough.

They are also not cheap. There are discount codes for them though, so if really interested, look them up or ask.

For snowboarding, I use a little bit of "Jet Dry" automatic dishwasher rinse agent wiped on the lenses with a soft cloth.

The rinse agent and its "sheeting action" prevents spots on drinking glasses, but it also prevents droplets from forming on goggles.

I would imagine it would work good on shooting glasses. (which I have to buy, along with some hearing protection - any suggestions?)

When I was buying snorkeling gear from a professional dive shop in Hoboken, they all told me to wax the inside lens of my mask with toothpaste and rinse after like 2 mnutes (if I remember correctly) or, kind of disgusting, spit on the lens. There are special no fog wipes that you can buy online. Give it a shot. More knowledgeable people should chime in soon.

Ryan

Ryan, unless they are 100% glass some toothpaste are abrasive and wold scratch lenses with plastic in them, might even damage glass ones.

Thank you all for your replies, I like the soap and jetdry options and will try each on one pair of shooting glasses,and a commercially made anti fog on another,hit the range and report back. Wish me luck.

Spit on it then rub some dirt on it. j/k. I use some anti-fog stuff I bought in Colorado on a ski trip years ago and it works ok. Most of the time I pull the glasses about 1/2 from my face and the fog disappears. They also have glasses with vents in them that help reduce fog.