Nick T

Should I....

Out of those two I would choose a Mossberg. There are lots of aftermarket parts available to you for purcase to make your shotgun tactical or tacticool. Plus being a pump action there are not evil features you have to avoid as Old School was saying. So if you would like a pistol grip on your shotgun, the Mossberg is the way to go.

I would get both but you say you don't have the coin for both so, get the Mossy first and put a few buck aside now and then for the Siaga for a month or 2 later pickup.

Also put a feeler out in market place an see if anyone is looking to sell their Mossy, no reason you have to buy new, especially with how much stuff get put up for sale in Market Place.

I would get both but you say you don't have the coin for both so, get the Mossy first and put a few buck aside now and then for the Siaga for a month or 2 later pickup.

Also put a feeler out in market place an see if anyone is looking to sell their Mossy, no reason you have to buy new, especially with how much stuff get put up for sale in Market Place.

I plan on the marketplace, don't have the physical funds in hand yet. My job reimburses me for college so once I get the check from them I plan to buy

Nick

I have a mossy if you wanna try one out. I like them both, but I think a pump is a must to have.

Thanks man I've already shot one, haven't shot the Saiga yet my future gun plans are a shotgun an AR and your Sig, figured those three will keep me busy... For a few

I gave up my 500 for an S12... I do not regret it.. if you use heavy loads the S12 is dead reliable out of the box.. the questionable reliability and tuning does NOT start until you get into light target loads.. the handling is somewhat awkward in stock form.. but it is nothing I could not overcome.. I am not a fan of the factory Saiga FCG but you can clean it up to make it slightly more smooth.. the S12 also just came down in price...

the ONLY change I would really worry about is the stock.. it is kind of yucky and hollow for a 12guage..

yes.. my S12 IS converted now in PA... but my post is based off of the gun in factory form..

wait til the KSG comes out.

Not my cup of tea, while I like the idea of 14+1 I'm not gonna base my whole purchase on how much ammunition it holds. The gun is ugly as sin and if I'm gonna drop that kinda coin it will be on a more reputable shotgun

Vlad, yea I know about the price drop that's why I was looking at it

For strictly home defense, you might want to consider a 20 gauge such as an Ithaca 37 if you can find one at a good price, or the Mossberg SA-20. However, you will still need a 12 gauge pump or two. I like the tang safety on the Mossberg. I cannot remember if you have to cycle the Ithaca to clear the rounds, though. I like that the Ithaca ejects to the bottom... good gun for lefty. The 870, well a real 870 has a fabulously smooth action, but so does an older Ithaca. I also like the older Stevens Model 67 varieties, they are heavy and built like a tank.

For strictly home defense, you might want to consider a 20 gauge such as an Ithaca 37 if you can find one at a good price, or the Mossberg SA-20. However, you will still need a 12 gauge pump or two. I like the tang safety on the Mossberg. I cannot remember if you have to cycle the Ithaca to clear the rounds, though. I like that the Ithaca ejects to the bottom... good gun for lefty. The 870, well a real 870 has a fabulously smooth action, but so does an older Ithaca. I also like the older Stevens Model 67 varieties, they are heavy and built like a tank.

To clear the Ithaca push the the mag spring to remove the shells from the mag then, push the action release to open the action and clear the chamber.

I have a smooth bore Ithaca Deerslayer that pulls double duty. 20" barrel hunting by day defense by night,

Having both, the S12 is just pure fun. Depending on how its configured you can do both.

At the moment I can't buy both as stated I have other gun plans as well which deplete funds, but I have decided to start with a 500