woodentoe

The clock is ticking in woodbridge

App filed 11/23

References received and sent back. Morpho done on 12/28 ( I know. WTF ?)

Called town to make sure they have everything they need.

Was told, "I don't see your stuff here so that means it is upstairs with ID. Theyre backed up and will get to it when they can. We will send you a letter when it is ready."

I hate to sound the horn of bureaucracy, but all the guys I met at lake island in Sunday were like, "what town do you live in? Woodbridge? GOOD LUCK!!!"

Understood. Apparently the chief who retired was rapid response with the permits. The woman from the town said that the officers that processed the applications all retired and they don't have a dedicated person for it yet. Therefore, piecemeal. But I got some names and am ready to address any obstacles as they come.

When I was doing things in woodbridge, Things could take 40-60 days for most things as they seemed to do them in big batches at a specific time (times?) each month. None of the officers I dealt with just 3 years ago seemed old enough to retire. They was talk that the nice old lady who took all your paperwork was going to retire, and it's never good news when the person who knows how to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts and get on people's cases goes away to be replaced by someone who doesn't know squat.

I could see the whole morpho thing dragging crap out with the way they did it and having it add whatever the lead time and return time for Morpho is to the process.

When I was doing things in woodbridge, Things could take 40-60 days for most things as they seemed to do them in big batches at a specific time (times?) each month. None of the officers I dealt with just 3 years ago seemed old enough to retire. They was talk that the nice old lady who took all your paperwork was going to retire, and it's never good news when the person who knows how to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts and get on people's cases goes away to be replaced by someone who doesn't know squat.

I could see the whole morpho thing dragging crap out with the way they did it and having it add whatever the lead time and return time for Morpho is to the process.

Mary does the paperwork and submits it. She has one part timer helping her with this 3 times a week. I doubt she is retiring. The other woman that used to work with her died several years ago. The Woodbridge police Chief retired a couple years ago and instead of hiring another one they have a couple retired leo's filling in.

Yeah. I know that my mileage may vary. And, I'm not taking anything "out" on anyone. I was polite and professional on the phone. I would be lying, though, if I said I wasn't expecting a very long wait judging from the horror stories I've heard in the last week or so.

And, yeah. This is my initial FID and 1 pistol permit. In retrospect, I definitely should have applied for 6.

6 weeks is usually the wait I've seen. Last set I received in Decemeber I waited 8 weeks.

Mileage may vary. I can tell you Mary will do all in her power to help, so don't take it out on her.

Yeah. I know that my mileage may vary. And, I'm not taking anything "out" on anyone. I was polite and professional on the phone. I would be lying, though, if I said I wasn't expecting a very long wait judging from the horror stories I've heard in the last week or so.

And, yeah. This is my initial FID and 1 pistol permit. In retrospect, I definitely should have applied for 6.

Call up the nice lady and tell her you'd like 6 instead of 1. Tell her you thought 1 was the limit but you'd like 6. The worst she can say is "no".

I would be lying, though, if I said I wasn't expecting a very long wait judging from the horror stories I've heard in the last week or so.

Of course it could always be better, but hang around here longer and you'll see it could be far worse. There's real horror stories of waiting 6 months to a year for the FID, now that's unacceptable. Not defending our PD by any means cause the law states the timeframe which is usually never met. However, they'll continue to use their "valid" reasons for delays knowing they have the upper hand.

I expected the worst when putting my applications in but I must have gotten real lucky. Mine only took 3 weeks from the time I submitted my paperwork until the time I received my FID and 2 handgun permits. I've heard some real horror stories about how long some people had to wait and was shocked when I got the call to come pick everything up. Good luck, hopefully its not much longer.

Bump for update.

Today is 8 weeks from initial filing. 4 weeks from morphotrack. no news in Woodbridge

Have you called them or stopped by to see how things were going, ask them if there is anything missing or anything you can do to make the process go a little faster.

I start doing this with my PD around the 2 week mark.

I did call two weeks ago and got a little bit of runaround. She sort of dismissed me a little and said that they would be in touch when it was ready.

Have you called them or stopped by to see how things were going, ask them if there is anything missing or anything you can do to make the process go a little faster.

I start doing this with my PD around the 2 week mark.

I did call two weeks ago and got a little bit of runaround. She sort of dismissed me a little and said that they would be in touch when it was ready.

I'd be stopping by and talking directly to them, I'd ask if they got your reference letter back, if there was any info missing that may be holding them up. Polite squeaky wheel get the oil.

Unfortunately for me, any contact I'm going to have is going to be on the phone. The office doesn't open until 10 am and I work in manhattan. The other thing they do is you can only apply for permits on Wednesday's between 10am and 1 pm ONLY.

I'd be stopping by and talking directly to them, I'd ask if they got your reference letter back, if there was any info missing that may be holding them up. Polite squeaky wheel get the oil.

Unfortunately for me, any contact I'm going to have is going to be on the phone. The office doesn't open until 10 am and I work in manhattan. The other thing they do is you can only apply for permits on Wednesday's between 10am and 1 pm ONLY.

Wow they changed, last time I did anything in that town it was 5 days a week during business hours. Keep a calling on Wednesdays during the open hours and other days.

Wow they changed, last time I did anything in that town it was 5 days a week during business hours. Keep a calling on Wednesdays during the open hours and other days.

Not anymore. it has been the 1 day a week 10am thing since some time before feb 2008, which is when I picked up my last permit in woodbridge. They had been whittling it down, the last couple before that, it was 2 or 3 dyas of the week.

People.

That is not true. The hours are only for 1st time people filing for their FID card. It has nothing to do with pistol permit applications. I was there last Monday and filed for 2 permits. A guy in front of me was also applying for pistol permits.