LastShot

Cherry Ridge

the ro's need to stop and think about what their job really means, and how theyre treating the people there. my last trip, i took a friend as a guest. we were shooting at the pistol range, and were literally the ONLY PEOPLE THERE. not another soul on the pistol range. to keep things less messy, we used two benches. as we were packing up, the ro came over in the brand new gator and handed us a copy of their rules, saying how members have to share a bench with a guest.

if there were anyone else on the range, thats one thing, and of course we'd share a bench. you can preach up and down about 'rules are rules', blah blah. but when 2 people are the ONLY ones on the ENTIRE range, take a step back and think before you try cramming rules down a members throat. are you really 'informing' someone, or are you just coming off as a douche with a superiority complex.

the ro's need to stop and think about what their job really means, and how theyre treating the people there. my last trip, i took a friend as a guest. we were shooting at the pistol range, and were literally the ONLY PEOPLE THERE. not another soul on the pistol range. to keep things less messy, we used two benches. as we were packing up, the ro came over in the brand new gator and handed us a copy of their rules, saying how members have to share a bench with a guest.

if there were anyone else on the range, thats one thing, and of course we'd share a bench. you can preach up and down about 'rules are rules', blah blah. but when 2 people are the ONLY ones on the ENTIRE range, take a step back and think before you try cramming rules down a members throat. are you really 'informing' someone, or are you just coming off as a douche with a superiority complex.

i had that same experience...

We had exactly the opposite happen to us last Sunday. My buddy had his son with him. There were probably 10 others at the pistol range. We registered his son as a guest and asked if he could use his own station or does he need to share and RO said it would be fine as long as no members showed up and needed it. Was very nice about it actually. Maybe because we asked first?

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to call them and get a new badge. After my renewal this year the new badge still has old exp date on it. I haven't had an issue but wish they would just send me the correct stuff. Right now I carry my receipt in case anyone gives me a hard time.

LastShot,

Any known and/or anticipated changes to range hours for New Year's day?

Thanks.

Maybe best to call the range hotline phone number. I would think that the range would open at 8:30a and close at 4:00p like they have been doing the last couple weeks but what do I know.

Maybe best to call the range hotline phone number. I would think that the range would open at 8:30a and close at 4:00p like they have been doing the last couple weeks but what do I know.

It only gets updated weekly and doesn't say anything of note at present. That said, I don't really know if they would bother including details like a slightly earlier last shot time due to the holiday, which I've seen them sometimes do on one or two holidays when I've been out there.

Went there yesterday with my son. Nice day.

Sunny and no wind. As good as it gets when it comes to winter shooting.

As far as the RO's I never had any problems with any of them.

Maybe because my son barks at me if I do something wrong before they see me. :-)

Spoke to a few of them on few occasions and they all seem like pretty good guys.

There was a new gun owner there with his family and he put the magazine in backwards into a semi auto pistol.

So one of the guys came over when he was having difficulties and showed him what he did wrong.

Another guy came over later and I don't know if he was a RO and explained to them about pointing the gun straight down range

and not up or to the side.

The one time I did see someone get nasty it was not a RO.

It was some guy and woman that looked like competition pistol shooters.

They had all the gear and seemed to have access to one of the storage sheds to keep their targets.

Some guy did something wrong and they were really in his face. Good way to loose a member.

No need for that. It was nothing life threatening and it could have been handled in a much better way.

Saw these two people again a few weeks later and they really seem to have a holier than thou attitude.

Besides that, every trip has been a good trip as far as the RO's and members go.

Is it true that the ATF is on the range checking firearms fir legality?

I've heard a rumor as such am inquiring if there is truth to.it...or just

Bluster

Aw, c'mon. Really? WTF? Anybody else heard this as well? Not that I would ever have anything not politburo-approved, but really? I can't believe that Bach would allow that.

Teotwawki.

Bluster

I'd laugh in their faces

Bluster

Well I wrote Scott Bach, the executive director of ANJRPC/Cherry Ridge. His response is as follows:

"... that rumor is complete nonsense! We would NEVER allow such a thing. Uniformed police sometimes do official training on the range with our permission, and that could possibly spark rumors, but there is no basis for this rumor... "

I hope that answers that question.

Carry on.

Walt.

Cherry ridge doesn't have a range that's protected on multiple sides. (They shoud build one)

Closest thing to IDPA is PPC at Cherry Ridge.

That all same direction, with some barricade courses of fire. No move and shoot.

Cherry ridge doesn't have a range that's protected on multiple sides. (They shoud build one)

Closest thing to IDPA is PPC at Cherry Ridge.

That all same direction, with some barricade courses of fire. No move and shoot.

Ray doesn't understand that he has been told that but is a little thick.

Ray - I suggest you get a topo map of the range and lay out some pits. If you did and got an approval I'd pay your membership the first year.

Ray doesn't understand that he has been told that but is a little thick.

Ray - I suggest you get a topo map of the range and lay out some pits. If you did and got an approval I'd pay your membership the first year.

Cherry ridge won't do it because it's full of old fudds who hate black guns and plastic pistols.

Making CR fit for USPSA/IDPA type shooting will cost time and money. The fact of the matter is that CR doesn't need to do anything (unless they want to) as they've got tons of members and growing. Membership Sunday's are packed.

I don't think there's a strong enough voice championing USPSA/IDPA type shooting on the board to really promote action. I recently let my membership expire as I realized I wasn't getting what I wanted out of the range (e.g. USPSA practice). Hopefully, they will look to update the range to accomodate different types of shooting.

Forget it...I tried to bring in an Appleseed Program that would only use the 22 range over a weekend and that was met with all sorts of issues.

Appleseed has insurance, meets all the NRA Safety criteria and then some. I think the fact that they actually teach US history, the importantance of marksmanship in shaping our history and doing some rapid fire drills is what scared people off.