blksheep

Horrible Bus Accident in Burlington County

Putting differences aside on political views, religious views etc. lets remember what is important in life. Family. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the little girl that passed and all injured in the accident.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2012/02/chesterfield_school_bus_crash.html

Life is too short and fragile.

Rick

I know the intersection, it is controlled by stop signs and a blinking red light. It would appear to me the bus was pulling out from the stop sigh when the dump truck ran the stops into intersection, hitting the rear quarter of the bus and spinning it.

I will be through there tomorrow and will take a look. Plus leave some flowers.

• Like 1

Interested in the results of the investigation. I'll put 5:1 odds on the fault being that of the bus driver.

feel terrible for the little girl and her family :(

A horrible situation for any family.

I was curious about your comment regarding the likely driver at fault. Google Earth shows stop signs and blinking lights on Old York Rd, where the bus was being driven. I suspect you are right.

in my 11ish years of riding the bus I was in 3 (minor thank god) accidents. all were completely avoidable and 100% the bud drivers fault.

I'm not sure about the rest of the state...but down here the only drivers they usually get are retiree's. they're was past being able to even operate a family sedan safely let alone a school bus.

You cant "run" a flashing yellow light, its up to the driver with the stop to make sure the way is clear. unless that dump truck made it to triple digits im placing blame on the bus driver.

If that is indeed the way the intersection is layed out. and of course the truck had lights on if it was dark