gski

Recent Lurker and New Member From the Jersey Shore

Greetings all

I stumbled upon the forum recently and decided to sign up. my wife and I have enjoy pistol/rifle shooting for years. I would like to become more active in working with the state government to enact reasonable and responsible gun laws that respect the 2nd amendment rights of New Jersey's law abiding citizens.

Cheers

I would like to become more active in working with the state government to enact reasonable and responsible gun laws that to repeal NJ's ridiculous gun laws and respect the 2nd amendment rights of New Jersey's law abiding citizens.

Fixed it for you.

Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forum, and if you want to help, there are a few links in my signature of national and local groups that are trying to make change happen for the better.

By the way, Reasonable and Common Sense gun laws are the problem, they are neither reasonable nor do they use common sense..

Welcome,

And as what Bob said, be careful with the term "reasonable and responsible gun laws", this is the war-cry of the anti-gun rights following. That along with "common sense" are bad words. These phrases are wolves in sheep's clothing, the reason is that they are all open to interpretation. It is these types of laws that need to be repealed. Those that only provide unclear, cryptic, and ambiguous meaning, while being open to varying opinions. Laws should not be any of these, they should be the opposite in fact. They should be clear, concise, and to the point. Example : Anyone with a prior felony conviction cannot purchase a gun. Pretty clear to me.

Here's an example of "reasonable" as it pertains NJ gun laws..

A law that provides for "reasonable magazine capacity restrictions"

a) I feel a reasonable restriction is 360 rounds per magazine

b) An anti feels 15 rounds is reasonable

Travel exemptions with handguns, allows for "reasonably necessary" deviations during your trip to and from the range.

a) I feel stopping for lunch is "reasonably necessary"

b) Someone else would say I should wait till I get home to eat and I should go to jail for 5 years because the "deviation" was not "reasonably necessary"

What is truly "reasonable"?? Neither of us are wrong, we just have differing opinions on what reasonable is. In some cases it could mean going to jail, or is depending on how the judge and jury feel that day. Not cool.