AS350Driver

Old Bridge USPSA 3-25-12

I managed to pick up 3 mikes, all stupid. Not that all mikes aren't stupid, but these were just pointless. I guess I really should have zero'ed my gun after I replaced the front sight, but I only did that 2 days ago, eyeballed it and said screw it, it looks close enough. Surprisingly it really was, except for now it shoots kinda high at longer ranges and I've been shooting over things.

One of my mikes was on the triangle stage with the 200 yard poppers and 150 yard us poppers. After firing an extra shot on the poppers I was even for the 3 targets from the triangle. I put one in the black, knew it, but did not want a stand still reload so I left the position and ate the mike. Then came the 7 shots on the us poppers!

Still had a good time and shot ok. I better start dry firing and practicing soon.

Brian

I know I had 2 mikes. I dont think I had any more but will see when the scores come out. One was dumb because I tried to challenge myself and go for all head shots on the last stage. Matt said I dropped 19 points doing it. I could deal with dropping 9 but that mike. ehh.

Fun match, glad the weather held. I helped break down and rolled, had to make a movie on time. 21 Jump Street. Really funny actually. Was surprised.

Anyone going to shoot the sectionals at CJ?

malfunction? What malfunction?

My fault, I usually draw a line on each round so I can identify it easily, that also gives be the one last inspection of each round, well I missed a bad piece of ammo that jammed going in and was partially out of battery.

Something I should have been able to clear but new gun and never having that sort of jam I wasn't able to finish that stage.

My fault, I usually draw a line on each round so I can identify it easily, that also gives be the one last inspection of each round, well I missed a bad piece of ammo that jammed going in and was partially out of battery.

Something I should have been able to clear but new gun and never having that sort of jam I wasn't able to finish that stage.

Death Jam? reloaded piece of brass? Did not chamber check every round before match?

Death Jam? reloaded piece of brass? Did not chamber check every round before match?

Most every time except for this match, had to load them the night before being all I had was minor loads, so I loaded a couple hundred late last night around 0100. Did, 5.0gr N320 under 180gr FMJ @ 1.115 OAL just to play it safe for PF.

I did crono 4.0 n320 under 180gr FMJ @ 1.115 OAL, and I had an average PF of 141.75 so I need to tweak the loads some with the new gun, but won't really play with that until I have a 1000 rounds through her.

That will teach me, normally I measure every round, case gage every round as well as mark each with a marker to give me one last hands on and inspection.

You might want to load those a little longer for the Edge. Also the chamber will probably be tighter then cz. So even more important to case gauge your ammo.

I found it to be the opposite. =P

My Tanfo was much more picky with ammo, the SVI is going like a tank.

CZ known for shorter chambers, especially issues with mags and longer length. Just a bad piece of brass, happens.

You might want to load those a little longer for the Edge. Also the chamber will probably be tighter then cz. So even more important to case gauge your ammo.

I was thinking the same thing, but like I said I have to break the gun in with at least a 1000 rounds before I do anything with loads. I just might do that this week if I can, I'd still like to put another 200 rounds through her before I clean her again, and then another 500 rounds, then work on loads.

I was thinking it the Edge would like longer say 1.120 up to 1.125 (set OAL midway between them) but that is what I had for my CZ and 3.7 n320 under 180gr fmj, my CZ 75 TS minor loads would not cycle the gun, but they were the first 100 rounds.

Heck I can use some more .40 brass so I have a bunch of A&E and Lawman's in my ammo cabinet to play with this week. :)

HAHAHA

Reloaders!

I was thinking the same thing, but like I said I have to break the gun in with at least a 1000 rounds before I do anything with loads. I just might do that this week if I can, I'd still like to put another 200 rounds through her before I clean her again, and then another 500 rounds, then work on loads.

I was thinking it the Edge would like longer say 1.120 up to 1.125 (set OAL midway between them) but that is what I had for my CZ and 3.7 n320 under 180gr fmj, my CZ 75 TS minor loads would not cycle the gun, but they were the first 100 rounds.

Heck I can use some more .40 brass so I have a bunch of A&E and Lawman's in my ammo cabinet to play with this week. :)

Harry, my understanding, STI chambers, are up to 1.185, and I load mine to 1.180. 5.0 of N320, 180 fmj.

HAHAHA

Reloaders!

Yea Ray, Your Right, but I'll take that, and while this was a completely avoidable and 99.9999% of the time would have never happened but like I said I did it late the night before, I'll still take shooting .40S&W at a price of 3 maybe 4 rounds of Federal Bulk 525 pack of 22LR over factory ammo. That and I can load to what I am shooting is another thing, but I know you, we won't change your mind, heck we all know that if you could do it, you would shoot steel or any other match you might shoot with you SD/HD ammo if it wasn't so cost prohibitive.

I'll also agree, that any additional practice with your HD/SD gun and ammo is great and very good to do, but I can't afford to do that, and I'd rather shoot my Race gun and Cheap roll my own loads for fun.

Harry, my understanding, STI chambers, are up to 1.185, and I load mine to 1.180. 5.0 of N320, 180 fmj.

That's what I was thinking also, same reason I remembered Atlanta Arms Ammo that was 180 OAL, and I would be real happy going up to 1.175, will have to play with it as soon as I finish breaking the gun in, think I might need to step up the process and start tomorrow. :)

Don't worry about Ray, he'll be scratching at your door with the rest of the zombies when he runs out of ammo, while we calmly reload more ;)

As for the type of ammo problem you had, normally that happens when you rush the bullet sitting and the bullet snags the edge of the case an rolls part of it. I found that adjusting your expander to open up the case a bit more make this problem very unlikely.

http://www.egwguns.com/chamber-checkers/50-hole-ammo-chamber-checkers/

Not cheap, but worth it if you want to check every single round.

As for the match, I can't believe I finished at 20th overall sucking as much as I did. Took WAY, WAY too many penalties.