EX Carnival man

I nominate Spike Lee

Hear he came to a monetary agreement with the people his stupidly affected......hope is was alot of $$$$$$.

Here's the story.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/29/10921391-spike-lee-apologizes-to-florida-couple-agrees-to-pay-for-retweeting-their-address

I personally never liked the clown myself, I believe him to be a little on the raciest side. Actors and musicians should just shut their hole and do their job. JMHO

I personally never liked the clown myself, I believe him to be a little on the raciest side. Actors and musicians should just shut their hole and do their job. JMHO

if you had that big a fan base yourself that you could affect just by posting something wouldn't you? It isnt the celebrities fault they express themselves completely within their rights, its all the people that make it such a big deal that x celebrity said xxxx.

if you had that big a fan base yourself that you could affect just by posting something wouldn't you?

It isnt the celebrities fault they express themselves completely within their rights, its all the people that make it such a big deal that x celebrity said xxxx.

I completely disagree.

First, I would NEVER post something like what Spike and Roseann posted. It's irresponsible and attempting to incite violence.

Second, inciting and encouraging violence (like what Spike Lee and Roseanne were trying to do), or at the very least defaming someone (like what Spike Lee actually ended up doing) is NOT within anyone's rights. That's not 1A protected speech.

So, they're completely in the wrong. They have no defense and no right to do what they did. There's a very good reason why news outlets almost never post the address of people that are involved in highly contentious and emotional events. It's because it's irresponsible and dangerous.

• Like 1

Hi AlexV,

I tol ja!! Somebody would reply and stick up for Spikey. You just can't beat this here Forum.

No problem though. It's ok to give out the wrong address of innocent people so that radical jerks can go there and cause trouble.

What is Spikey's address? Maybe he should be visited. Oh I am sorry. That is not moral, ethical, legal or nice. Too bad. I hope nobody is incited. LOL.

Amen.

if you had that big a fan base yourself that you could affect just by posting something wouldn't you? It isnt the celebrities fault they express themselves completely within their rights, its all the people that make it such a big deal that x celebrity said xxxx.

I understand that, like, I personally don't care for political activist celebs. However, it's totally different when you give out someone's address when their life is in danger. Like, that's essentially being an accomplice to murder really. Of course, he'll get away scott-free.

I thought making terroristic threats against someone is unlawful.............Ooooopppss....so is standing in front of a Polling Place intimidating the voters going in....Hmmmmm....and how about threating Civil Disobediance on a grand scale at tomorrows rally if Z isn't arrested....Geeezzz......I must be wrong.

I thought making terroristic threats against someone is unlawful.............Ooooopppss....so is standing in front of a Polling Place intimidating the voters going in....Hmmmmm....and how about threating Civil Disobediance on a grand scale at tomorrows rally if Z isn't arrested....Geeezzz......I must be wrong.

Or looting a Walgreens haha.

Spike lee should be charged with a crime. Don't know anything about Florida law but maybe harassment, wreckless endangerment. Something along those lines. I would have sued the shit out of him. I would have said I am afraid to live there and now I have to move. He pays for new house, moving costs and emotional distress. Hit them in the wallet where it hurts

• Like 2

Spike lee should be charged with a crime. Don't know anything about Florida law but maybe harassment, wreckless endangerment. Something along those lines. I would have sued the shit out of him. I would have said I am afraid to live there and now I have to move. He pays for new house, moving costs and emotional distress. Hit them in the wallet where it hurts

+1000

I completely disagree.

First, I would NEVER post something like what Spike and Roseann posted. It's irresponsible and attempting to incite violence.

Second, inciting and encouraging violence (like what Spike Lee and Roseanne were trying to do), or at the very least defaming someone (like what Spike Lee actually ended up doing) is NOT within anyone's rights. That's not 1A protected speech.

So, they're completely in the wrong. They have no defense and no right to do what they did. There's a very good reason why news outlets almost never post the address of people that are involved in highly contentious and emotional events. It's because it's irresponsible and dangerous.

I was not aware of everything that spike posted, I believed it was just the address, even then yes its wrong but I interpreted the post as saying they shouldn't be allowed to get that much attention. While I dont agree with what Spike did, everyones address is pretty much public information.

I understand that, like, I personally don't care for political activist celebs. However, it's totally different when you give out someone's address when their life is in danger. Like, that's essentially being an accomplice to murder really. Of course, he'll get away scott-free.

I don't think it'll be scott-free per say but I do believe there will be a big settlement.