whats a decent .22lr round, few times i used remmington figuring it would be decent but in my marlin it seems tht i get too many miss feeds, when i go to range i usualy bring 3 .22s from bolt action to ruger .22 i need something thats a bit more reliable,,,

I have no issues with the Federal bulk 525 packs when I practice and shoot my Walther P22, GSG 1911, Marlin 39A, pair of Marlin 795's, or my Taurus 94. Only issue I do have is the GSG 1911 during a steel match I sometimes get a F2F here and there. I think the ammo knows when I am shooting a match.. :unknw:

Might bring some CCI with me to the next Steel and OBRAMS matches.

I'm a fan of Federal and CCI. My non-semi guns shoot Remington without problems, but the 10/22's don't like Remington. CCI mini mags run great in the 10/22's and the 22/45. I get tighter groups with the mini mags at 100 yards.

Every gun is different,try a bunch of ammo to see what works with what gun and if your lucky one brand will suit both.

+1 - Try a few different brands and types, see what works best. Trial and error with 22LR sometimes.

I agree the Remington golden bullets suck and they are dirty. The coating they use also gets all over the place.

I'm only using federal 525 packs now and anything by CCI has been great to me. I just discovered they have 525 bulk boxes of blazers which never jam in my buckmark. Mini mags and stingers are also good but they are a little pricey.

For normal target/paper shooting, I use the Federal 525 bulk pack, load #745. For more excited shooting, I'll use Aguila Interceptors or Aguila Supermaximums. I have a ton of CCI Mini-Mags and Velocitors on hand, as well as Winchester Wildcats, but I've found the Federal and Aguila to cover most of my needs.

I agree the Remington golden bullets suck and they are dirty. The coating they use also gets all over the place.

tell me about it

I have still 3,000+ rounds to go :-((

before I'm done with this garbage

so much for buying stuff on sale

Lots of split cases in my Ruger MKIII and bolt action Marlin

my Sig 522 gets fouled with this stuff inside of 100 rounds so the the bolt does not

go forward enough to fire the next round

With anything else I can go 500+ rounds before I have to re-oil the Sig

I clean it every 1,000 rounds or so but can probably go much longer

my guns all like the federal champion(?) blue box 500rd boxes (50x10) just fine. also cci mini mags, cci stingers, and even the golden bullets. for el cheapo ammo, im quite happy with the 2-3 boxes of golden bullets ive used so far. however, if i were to stick to just two types of .22s, itd be the 500rd federal bulk and stingers...have had the least problems with those, and they are still fun to shoot. the minimags work flawlessly, but are expensive (for .22s) vs. what they give over the federals, and are much slower than stingers, which make my sig mosquito feel almost like a "real" gun...heh.