Ronald Silver

Why buy a 22LR rifle if you already have a 22LR pistol?

.22 rifles are fun to shoot for the same reasons a .22 pistol are great fun:

- low recoil, very accurate

- cheap ammo

- low purchase price

There is a reason these rifles are so popular. Go shoot one and see what I mean.

more fun... not sure. But with ammo cheap enough that you can be at the range for a couple of hours shooting over a thousand rounds, you would want some "variety" on how you're going to send those rounds downrange.

Why not have both? I think I'm starting to prefer the concept of rifles/long-guns over pistols, due to the transport laws in NJ. Taking a pistol to the range is so much more convenient, but not being able to legally make a trip deviation really sucks. Both .22 rifles and pistols are fun to shoot. I couldn't see me not having each a .22 rifle and .22 pistol.

Personally I like 22 rifles for a number of reasons. They are cheap to shoot and have no recoil so I can shoot 500 rounds in a trip and not take a big hit in my wallet or have a sore sholder. Minimal cost and recoil also allow me to shoot to practice my basics so when I switch to centerfire I have the basics and muscle memory fresh in my mind. I also enjoy the challanged of shooting 22 rifles. Try open sights at 200 yards..... That's a fun challenge.