this_is_nascar

Suggest a Smartphone

I use the otterbox and slip my RAZR into my pocket.

Meaning you don't use the belt/belt clip portion j0n? Does it snag or get caught up by friction going in and out of your pocket? That's the issue I'm having with the Body Glove, using that without the belt/clip portion attached.

Meaning you don't use the belt/belt clip portion j0n? Does it snag or get caught up by friction going in and out of your pocket? That's the issue I'm having with the Body Glove, using that without the belt/clip portion attached.

I use the Otterbox Commuter, which uses a rubber case covered by a plastic hard case, and mine did not come with a belt clip option. Does not get caught going in or out of my pocket.

http://youtu.be/DdTVtTdC_8E

Thanks. It looks good. I like that you can choose whether to use the screen protector or not. It appears to be a bit of a pain to install, but once it's on, I don't see it going anywhere. My biggest concern, based solely on this video, is that it will still get hung-up going into and coming out of my pocket. He even mentions that a few times, as being a possibility. I have the Diztronic case arriving today. If that doesn't work out for me, this will be the next one I tried. My biggest concern about the Diztoronic is the glossy face-rim around the front edges.

http://www.amazon.co...36478738&sr=1-1

If you are cheap like me:

LG Optimus V $60 to $150 depending on where you buy it.

Virgin Mobile service NO CONTRACT $30 per month.

GPS, maps, games, weather, sports, voice to text, camera, video - all the normal junk.

Just wanted to update this thread with my opinions of my choice. I really love this Droid Razr MAXX. I couldn't ask for any better of a battery in this thing. It's almost made my laptop obsolete for basic checking of email, news, forums, etc. I'm happy with my decision. Due to the many concerns/issues I've read concerning the ICS upgrade, I've rooted and installed Titanium Backup to freeze the OTA updates, so I stay on my GB 2.3.6. I didn't like some of the new "features" I was reading about with ICS, so I'm happy with what I have for now.

Cool. Just do your research. I missed it on Fox-29 Good Day this morning, but there as was something about the iPhone 5 that seems to have everyone up in arms. Didn't catch what it was, so check around.

One of the issues with the new Iphones is that they are supposedly going to be released with a new Mini Plug making all other iphone accessories obsolete.

New iPhone 5 may (probably) have a different connecter. I'm sure there will be adapters, however. Because of the impending iPhone 5 the price of the iPhone 4 and 4S has dropped. Not a bad time if you're in the market for an iPhone.

I settled with the Magpul case and the Apple screen protector sheets. I used to have the OtterBox but found it too bulky and while I liked the covers over the plugs, it was also a PITA when plugging them in.

The only other apple product I have is an iPad. Different connector anyway

Nope. same connectors as the Iphone and Ipad can use either plug connectors to at least recharge devices. the Iphone 5 will have a completely different recharge mini plug set up where all previous charging bases,radio/stereo interfaces will be unusable for the next generations of phone/pod/pad electronics.

Nope. same connectors as the Iphone and Ipad can use either plug connectors to at least recharge devices. the Iphone 5 will have a completely different recharge mini plug set up where all previous charging bases,radio/stereo interfaces will be unusable for the next generations of phone/pod/pad electronics.

That will really suck. If Apple wants to change it after all this time, why not at least change it to a standard like mini-USB or something along those lines. I'm to the point where I won't buy a device that doesn't utilize mini-USB for charging and/or data transfer. My Razr Maxx and my wife's Kindle Fire and LG Cosmos can all use the same cord for charging or moving data.

That will really suck. If Apple wants to change it after all this time, why not at least change it to a standard like mini-USB or something along those lines. I'm to the point where I won't buy a device that doesn't utilize mini-USB for charging and/or data transfer. My Razr Maxx and my wife's Kindle Fire and LG Cosmos can all use the same cord for charging or moving data.

Actually it's micro-usb. Normally I wouldn't correct it, but since mini-usb is also a real and different connector, I figured I'd point it out in case anyone else is confused.

And I do agree, micro-usb is basically the new standard. All of the other device manufacturers realized that people wanted a common connector since no one was buying the first-party $30 car chargers anymore anyway. Apple is still a money-grab corporation though, so anything to make an extra buck or 20.

And I do agree, micro-usb is basically the new standard. All of the other device manufacturers realized that people wanted a common connector since no one was buying the first-party $30 car chargers anymore anyway. Apple is still a money-grab corporation though, so anything to make an extra buck or 20.

They didn't realize anything, the EU chose for them by requiring all phone manufacturers to use a common interface for charging.

They didn't realize anything, the EU chose for them by requiring all phone manufacturers to use a common interface for charging.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. It makes sense though. There's my one thing learned for the day, I guess I can go home now.

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but go through Amazon Wireless for whatever, non-iPhone, device you choose to get. You will save money and you can trust Amazon. No modification of your plan is necessary, either.

I recommend the Galaxy S III. For the money of about what an iPhone costs, it gives you a lot more.