hd2000fxdl

Think You're Fast??

He was shooting blanks at balloons.

Watch the video again, He said he was using blanks during the draw demo, then switching to live ammo to shoot the balloons.

Incredibly fast, I wonder if anybody in the fast draw sport has accidentally sent one in to their thigh, it looked like he started pulling the trigger as the gun was above his leg

"Live ammunition" most likely consists of wax bullets. While there is no arguing that Bob Munden is fast - there is no practical use for this talent. Look at someone like Jerry Miculek and imagine him in a gun fight. I rest my case.

"Live ammunition" most likely consists of wax bullets. While there is no arguing that Bob Munden is fast - there is no practical use for this talent. Look at someone like Jerry Miculek and imagine him in a gun fight. I rest my case.

I'm confused, are you saying Jerry would not be good in a gun fight or that he would be?

I'm confused, are you saying Jerry would not be good in a gun fight or that he would be?

I'm saying that Jerry can shoot anything you hand him and shoot it well beyond the capabilities of mere mortal men. I think that Ed McGivern was the only shooter that might best Jerry with a handgun - but Jerry shoots everything well.

I'm saying that Jerry can shoot anything you hand him and shoot it well beyond the capabilities of mere mortal men. I think that Ed McGivern was the only shooter that might best Jerry with a handgun - but Jerry shoots everything well.

Ok yea that's what I think too, which is why I was confused when I thought you were saying the opposite.

While there is no arguing that Bob Munden is fast - there is no practical use for this talent. Look at someone like Jerry Miculek and imagine him in a gun fight. I rest my case.

playing gun games and actual combat are two completely different things. you cant compare standing still or running around a fake hallway shooting at nothing but paper or steel to having real humans firing real bullets at you. how do you know jerry wouldnt piss his pants if someone actually shot at him.

personally, id stake my union brother josh (iraq vet, ranger, sniper qualified) in a gunfight over 10 jerry miculek.

Didn't mean to equate gun games with combat - trust me, I realize that games are just that - games. However, if I was in a gunbfight and had to choose a partner, between Munden and Miculek, Jerry gets the nod every time.

I very much doubt that Jerry would react negatively in a gunfight. Just think of the muscle memory he has built from being a professional shooter. I gotta think that no matter how scared he is, he could run on auto-pilot and best the majority of shooters. But you are right - big difference in games and looking the elephant in the eye.

Adios,

Pizza Bob