ClangClang

Pricing trend on a Kel Tec Sub 2000?

Sub 2000s are notoriously hard to find right now. Is Kel Tec supposed to increasing production any time soon?

I ask because I've found a new Sub 2000 in Glock 9mm for sale online but the price is obviously a fair bit higher than they were selling for just ~6 months ago. Does anyone have any insight into pricing trends? Or put another way, what is the max you would pay for one assuming you were in the market?

I'm no "collector" and I'm certainly not thinking about $40 or $50 here and there, but if it looks like the prices will drop back to normal in the next couple months, then I'll hold off on buying it. I don't want to get hosed.

Thoughts?

Ive been trying to find a Glock 19 model SUB2k for a while. The ones I have seen have been grossly over priced, But that's supply and demand I guess. I would pay 450 to get one, and thats on a gun that is suppose to sell for 275-300 new. Sooo yeah. I want one. Someone offered to trade me his SUb2k for my Marlin 1894c 357 straight up. I couldn't do it. lol

I think this is what you're talking about, this is the CDNN catalog.

Page 12

http://site.cdnninve...12-2/index.html

Yup John, that's it. $299 is MSRP (which I knew) but due to the scarcity, shops have been pricing them at $375 to as high as $550 right now. I put in my order at $515 but I think I'm going to cancel it before the gun ships on Monday. I can get an AK for the same price. $515 (plus shipping, transfer, & NICS take it to about $600 out of pocket) is just too damn much for this thing.

Yup John, that's it. $299 is MSRP (which I knew) but due to the scarcity, shops have been pricing them at $375 to as high as $550 right now. I put in my order at $515 but I think I'm going to cancel it before the gun ships on Monday. I can get an AK for the same price. $515 (plus shipping, transfer, & NICS take it to about $600 out of pocket) is just too damn much for this thing.

O so that's not the sale price? I never ordered anything from CDNN.

So why not just order it from CDNN for $299 and save yourself $200+?

i have been looking for one of these as well. My brother just ordered one from Bobs Little Sport shop yesterday for $350 but it will likely be a few months. Did anyone check to see if CDNN has them in stock?

I don't mean to offend, but I can't conceive of waiting months for a current production gun. It is out there on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, etc. Even if he end up paying $100 more, at least he won't have to hear "another week or two, I think" for six months.

According to an email from kel-tec

They're running at full production and splitting the supply between distributers.

Apparantly, full production means they're making one rifle daily...

Evryone should just wait for me to cough up 600$ for one on GB---theyll be plentiful and cheap two days after I get mine

Just bought a HI-Point *4595TSFGRD* for $325 NIB. very nice. Bought it at http://www.rockcreekoutdoors.net/ easy guy to deal with great prices. took 3 days after jersey ffl faxed stuff.

Thats with a forward grip and a Barska red dot site.

+1 on the HiPoint! I got my 995TS from Tony (TJ Sporting Arms) a couple months ago, NIB and a smoking deal!

Buy a HiPoint 995!

In my opinion, NO ONE BUY (Be cautious buying a) HiPoint 995!!!

I bought one at a gun show in PA, brand new, took it to the range to shoot it and the magazine wouldn't stay in the gun. .......

Long story short my brand new gun, that I have never shot is back at the factory being made right.(hopefully)

I guess like anything made by machine, there are bound to be a few out of specs. A guy I work with has had his 995 for three years and he shoots the crap out of it with no problems? They do not seem to be getting slammed on the HiPoint forums and mine seems to run flawlessly? His has the ATI stock which I liked but the one I have is growing on me! I know on the forums they say you can not use the aftermarket mags so I bought a couple of spare factory mags and the stock mag holder.