SgtToadette

Going to visit some NJ shops tomorrow. Any recommendations?

Hey guy and gals,

I'm going to hit up some shops here in NJ tomorrow to try to get a lay of the land and possibly buy my first gun. I've looked around and decided on a few locations:

• Shore Shot Guns,
  • Brick Armory,
  • The Bullet Hole,
  • Arms-n-Ammo, and...
  • TJ Sporting Arms.

Are there any other NJ locations I should take a look at? Do you guys have any experience with the shops above? Do some have better selection than others? I want to know whatcha' all think!

I'm hoping that I get my permits tomorrow, presuming the reason the detective called my home last Wednesday was to let me know my permits were in (I'd know for sure if he returned my call back). Time will tell!

Thanks!

-Zack B.

rtsp, meltzers, and caso's. i would skip the bullet hole, and don't bother with the big name stores.

I was thinking of skipping BH, too. I've read too many horror stories to think that they're simply isolated incidents. I'll google the others you mentioned! Thanks!

-Zack B.

If you make it as far as Bordentown, stop by Cheyenne Mtn Outfitters and the Sportsman Center. Both are well-stocked. I got a good deal on a Glock 22 at Cheyenne. It was a pleasure to do business with them. Sportsman is now renovated and well-stocked.

Lou's in Raritan is a must on that list.. Chris and Marshall are very knowledgeable and you can handle anything you want.

Make sure you let each shop you visit, know you heard it from the forum. If they aren't advertising they may think about it, and if they are, you may get a better deal!

If you make it as far as Bordentown, stop by Cheyenne Mtn Outfitters and the Sportsman Center. Both are well-stocked. I got a good deal on a Glock 22 at Cheyenne. It was a pleasure to do business with them. Sportsman is now renovated and well-stocked.

I visited there a month or so ago. They were good people to deal with, I did find their selection to be a bit limited but it never hurts to check back!

Lou's in Raritan is a must on that list.. Chris and Marshall are very knowledgeable and you can handle anything you want.

Make sure you let each shop you visit, know you heard it from the forum. If they aren't advertising they may think about it, and if they are, you may get a better deal!

This. Big time +1 to lous

Great guns your looking at.

I have a p226 and it's a great gun. The HK p30 is a great gun and I miss it. Think I mayy get another. The PPQ was a nice surprise that I shot over the weekend. Really nice trigger and great grip. The only striker fire gun out of the three but it's fealt great.

God bless you if you actually get to Arms-N-Ammo and Caso's in the same day. Those 2 are light years apart. Lol.

Parking is a real pain at Caso's, but the people are great and the reduced sales tax is nice. They're also very well stocked for what appears to be such a small shop.

As far as the area, it's not the greatest but it's only a block or so away from a school, so just park and walk near there. If you go around the time school gets out, there's a pretty hefty police presence around the school.

Caso`s is great, parking well you know.....but the pain of parking goes away when you enter and meet the crew.

When i was picking up my Saiga a while back the old man goes with a laugh................ahmm..........you did come here with a car i hope? ..... :D

Sorry I didn't specify what I was looking for. I'm interested in mostly Walther PPQs, HK P30s, and Sig Sauer P226s.

Heritage Guild in Branchburg has all of the above in stock. Plus you get a free hour at their brand spanking new range in Easton,PA if you buy a gun there. Sportsman`s in Fmeington is also on the way if you re driving up from Hopewell, and they have at least the p226 but i wouldn`t buy there since they dont let you touch any handgun without a PP in hand.........and they are the stiffest bunch when trying to sell you a gun.

You can go to Lou`s and Heritage in the same hour if you want to..........................

A little late to the party here but IMO I would avoid Meltzers. They have a decent selection but some of the guys have poor attitudes, and their prices are not so good.

Ramsey Outdoor in Ramsey, really nice knowledgable gentlemen work there. And their prices are fair.