freeulster

where to shoot shotgun

public range on rt 539 in warren grove. . little north of you. not far from Tips

Nick

Only if you have a hunting license. You can bring up to 4 people. I have shot there many times and only once did I get asked by Fish and Wildlife to see my license and it was hanging in clear sight on a belt loop on my pants. If you don't have a hunting license, its worth it to take the free course and 3 hour class with test at the end.

I mountain bike in ringwood nj, near shepards lake. I always hear shot guns being shot but i have no clue were it is exactly they are shooting?

Its called Thunder Mountain. It is further up the mountain from the lake. Great place for Trap and Skeet shooting. It's not a regular range though.

Head south out of brigantine, go over bridge and hang a left into AC. It is a target rich environment.... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Not open for the season yet but pretty good fun..

Redwing clays port republic NJ - September through May 9am to 3pm & weekdays by reservation.

http://www.redwinglakes.com/

Could join easton fish and game off of 78 in pa. $60 for your first year and you get a 100yd slug range and 25ish yard anything else goes shotgun range for those dangerous pieces of paper. No skeet/trap there though.

Guess it also depends on your definition of central jersey...

How about in northern NJ? I've shot my SG's occasionally at Cherry Ridge when no one else is around, and at the Bullet Hole. Last I heard, RTSP only allowed slugs. Any word on that?

Look into the state's WMA ranges. RTSP is still slugs only.