Markymark

Cherry Ridge Fees

Hey guys, sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I didnt see it. Im interested in joining Cherry Ridge and from what I can tell new membership is the first Sunday of each month and its advised to get their early. I could not find what the annual dues were for the range and if there were any particular range "courtesy" or rules I should be aware of.

This would be the first outdoor range I will go to outside of the military so just looking for the fees and any friendly advice so I don't make an ass of myself!

Hey guys, sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I didnt see it. Im interested in joining Cherry Ridge and from what I can tell new membership is the first Sunday of each month and its advised to get their early. I could not find what the annual dues were for the range and if there were any particular range "courtesy" or rules I should be aware of.

This would be the first outdoor range I will go to outside of the military so just looking for the fees and any friendly advice so I don't make an ass of myself!

The orientation pretty much covers all the rules and courtesies. The 100 yard range is more closely supervised than the 200/300 yarder where your expected to know what you're doing.

Get there early to get out early. They hand out the temp. passes in the order you came in. You can shoot after orientation but check the schedule. See if the range you want to use is going to be tied up with matches. They'll have target stands for sale. You can make your own, though. There are plans on their website.

Nick

I was at CR on Sunday to do some HG and rimfire plinking and it amazed me how many people were at the new member orientation. I can't imagine how much money the range brings in on new memberships and renewals but I would think there could be much more done to make CR a better range. It's sad that it's not a better range than what it is today.

I dunno... I've been a member since 2001 with a recent renewal after a hiatus due to injuries and budget... But for the price compared to indoor ranges, I think it's pretty darn good. Property is beautiful. Ya got fresh air, a nice clubhouse with bathrooms, kitchen, a/c, etc... What's to complain about?

I was at CR on Sunday to do some HG and rimfire plinking and it amazed me how many people were at the new member orientation. I can't imagine how much money the range brings in on new memberships and renewals but I would think there could be much more done to make CR a better range. It's sad that it's not a better range than what it is today.

I dunno... I've been a member since 2001 with a recent renewal after a hiatus due to injuries and budget... But for the price compared to indoor ranges, I think it's pretty darn good. Property is beautiful. Ya got fresh air, a nice clubhouse with bathrooms, kitchen, a/c, etc... What's to complain about?

Is it fun shooting in the butt-ass cold of winter, or does it suck? That's the thing I'm trying to decide on before joining CR in October, or just continuing to go to public ranges until Spring. I mean it seems like it might be cool to dress up in warm fleecy cammo stuff, but I bet it's hard to load magazines and pull the trigger after a couple go arounds on a freezing February day, no?

MC

I myself never went in freezing cold or snow... But when you renew, it eventually won't make a difference. All seasons blend together if you know what i mean.

Is it fun shooting in the butt-ass cold of winter, or does it suck? That's the thing I'm trying to decide on before joining CR in October, or just continuing to go to public ranges until Spring. I mean it seems like it might be cool to dress up in warm fleecy cammo stuff, but I bet it's hard to load magazines and pull the trigger after a couple go arounds on a freezing February day, no?

MC

Ya just need to man-up a bit! j/k, kinda. You get one Spring, Summer, Fall with every yearly membership. Doesnt matter when the membership starts! And how much you gonna spend on the indoor ranges till then, prob almost pay for the first yr by the time Spring comes. Anyway plenty of nice sunny +30 degree days to shoot in the cold, not too bad.

Ya just need to man-up a bit! j/k, kinda. You get one Spring, Summer, Fall with every yearly membership. Doesnt matter when the membership starts! And how much you gonna spend on the indoor ranges till then, prob almost pay for the first yr by the time Spring comes. Anyway plenty of nice sunny +30 degree days to shoot in the cold, not too bad.

+1 I'm out there pretty much all year. I may need to test fire something and just bundle up.

My daughter did leave the only set of foot prints at the pistol range after a snow storm because she needed to check something out before an indoor match.

Oh! After a heavy snow storm consider your brass lost. Ask me how I know...LOL