Krdshrk

OBRPC USPSA - 09/23/2012

Are they still requiring pre-registration? I thought that was only in the winters when the days were shorter.

I really hope to make this as I have not shot a USPSA match for months.

Are they still requiring pre-registration? I thought that was only in the winters when the days were shorter.

OBRPC USPSA matches are generally full to the brim. You can potentially walk on, but have to get there early.

Yeah turnout is high enough that it isn't going to be just winter months.

I'm registered, first time for me for USPSA hoping it turns out well.. I'm a little intimidated by all of the experienced shooters and gear they carry.

Don't be too worried.

Do you have enough equipment?

Look for a chinese guy in a cowboy hat - that'll be me.

NEW SHOOTERS. IMPORTANT INFORMATION

There are a few things you need to know BEFORE you get to the range for your first USPSA Match experience.

1. USPSA Matches are held on a COLD RANGE. This means no loaded guns except on the firing line and under the DIRECT supervision of the Stage Range Officer. This means you cannot enter the range property with a loaded firearm. In NJ this is essentially moot, but if you happen to have a permit to carry you must notify us so we can take you to a safe area to unload your firearm IMMEDIATELY on arrival. This rule applies to all USPSA Matches held anywhere.

2. DO NOT handle your firearm anywhere EXCEPT at a designated Safe Table. This means DO NOT un-bag your gun and gear up at your car! Yes, you can put on your rig and glasses and ears and running shoes, just not your gun.

3. DO NOT handle ANY ammunition or loaded magazines, speed loaders or ‘Moon-Clips’ at a Safe Table.

4. The only place where you can handle both gun and ammo is on the stage when the Range Officer gives you the command to Make Ready. (This will be covered in your Safety Briefing)

5. Check in with registration immediately upon your arrival at the match. We will be running a Safety Brief and it is Mandatory that you attend.

OK, please sign up if you are on the fence. The earlier that closes out, the more time I have to beat the pre-registrations into submission and the less likely I will have to punch out for paper scoring. Given eveyrone is at the FN 3gun match, I'm stuck doing all the match prep heavy lifting. If you are a no-show, it jsut makes dealing with the inevitable walk ons easier for me, and it won't go on your permanent record or anything.

In. My second match, should be fun :music: . Sonnylee, don't be intimidated by the fancy equipment , its not just the gear that wins matches :good: . Just make sure you have fun, be safe, and like everyone says the speed will come in time. Anyone here on the forums looking to squad up?

OK, but only because you said so.

I'm going to Springsteen sat night and now that I think of it, I don't know if I've got enough ammo on hand for me and the boy.

How are you set for stages? I know you need builders.

As long as a reasonable portion of hammer swingers show up in the morning, all the stage designers should be there and I have someone lined up to cover for me.

In.

Because Alec got a new Kart and im always looking for a new beotch to carry my chit!

And Sonny... Don't worry about it. Just take it slow and you'll be fine. Speed will come over time.

Thanks, I'm excited to attend!!

In. My second match, should be fun :music: . Sonnylee, don't be intimidated by the fancy equipment , its not just the gear that wins matches :good: . Just make sure you have fun, be safe, and like everyone says the speed will come in time. Anyone here on the forums looking to squad up?

I hear ya! I'll squad up with you.

Vince

Registered. This will be my first USPSA match, can't wait. Been looking for details... Is this a 2-gun match (pistol and rifle)? Just pistol? Caliber?

Single gun (Pistol). Whatever caliber you want (within reason - 10mm or .50AE is pretty unreasonable :D)

Please make sure you have the necessary equipment. If you don't, ask here and see if anyone has any extras they can lend you.

Bring 250 rounds of ammo. You most likely will only use about 200.

Production guns must be on the approved list here,http://www.USPSA.org...ion-gunlist.php

A 1911 would be single stack division, and 8 round mags are fine to use.

Also even if the gun or caliber you're shooting makes major, it is always scored minor in production division.

Registered. This will be my first USPSA match, can't wait. Been looking for details... Is this a 2-gun match (pistol and rifle)? Just pistol? Caliber?

Single gun (Pistol). Whatever caliber you want (within reason - 10mm or .50AE is pretty unreasonable :D)

Please make sure you have the necessary equipment. If you don't, ask here and see if anyone has any extras they can lend you.

Bring 250 rounds of ammo. You most likely will only use about 200.

Just to clarify, no rimfire. 9mm and up. (.40, .45, .38 Super)

As long as a reasonable portion of hammer swingers show up in the morning, all the stage designers should be there and I have someone lined up to cover for me.

I'll be there early too.

But can i drive the quad :)