Underdog

Looking for a Dog

do they also lock their jaws when they bite down? Dogs are bred for a purpose. A pit is not bred to be a family dog. Sure they can be raised that way and all is fine however that is not the breeds intention. The problem I have always had is I am completely unable to read them. With Sheps I have a great feel for how they will act. I look at a pit and have no clue. That said I love my golden doodle for many reasons and the main one is that my 4 year old daughter can yank on his tail and punch him in the head and all he does is licks her. He is also protective around strangers. Highly intelligent.

Again you're wrong! The pitbull was bred LONG before they were fighting, and for the exact reason I said earlier. They were bred as FAMILY DOGS. What you've said thus far, is myth. What I've said, is FACT.

Again you're wrong! The pitbull was bred LONG before they were fighting, and for the exact reason I said earlier. They were bred as FAMILY DOGS. What you've said thus far, is myth. What I've said, is FACT.

you sir are a jerkoff!! The muscles in the Pitts jaws are trained to clamp down and not let go. It does lock in that sense. They are not bred for the "family" today as you said. The reason why so many wind up in shelters is because morons like you tell people they are great family pets when that couldn't be any further from the truth. The average pitbull today is bred for jerkoffs with small dicks that need a tough dog to make themselves look better. You don't breed a dog with the jaw strength and muscle tone of a pit to play with your children. Do they work out in a family environment? Sure, so do friggin grizzly bears if raised right. No proceed to go fuk yourself!

you sir are a jerkoff!! The muscles in the Pitts jaws are trained to clamp down and not let go. It does lock in that sense. They are not bred for the "family" today as you said. The reason why so many wind up in shelters is because morons like you tell people they are great family pets when that couldn't be any further from the truth. The average pitbull today is bred for jerkoffs with small dicks that need a tough dog to make themselves look better. You don't breed a dog with the jaw strength and muscle tone of a pit to play with your children. Do they work out in a family environment? Sure, so do friggin grizzly bears if raised right. No proceed to go fuk yourself!

That is as much as a lock as humans jaw muscles can be considered a lock. The rest of your statement can hardly be taken seriously, as most of your past posts. I seriously dont think you have any idea what your talking about.

That is as much as a lock as humans jaw muscles can be considered a lock. The rest of your statement can hardly be taken seriously, as most of your past posts. I seriously dont think you have any idea what your talking about.

Nope, NO idea!

ENOUGH OF THE PITBULL BS, lets get this thread back on track. I dont care if your pit is lassie or you think they are the devil with 4 legs. The OP posted originally about looking for a dog not if a pit is an evil mauling machine......

I thought about responding with another argument, but I'm obviously speaking to someone lacking any knowledge or intelligence because yet again you're wrong. At least you know how to insult right?

Apologies to the OP for derailing. My original recommendation of a pitbull stands.

Pitbulls DO NOT have locking jaws as a matter of fact they dont even have the highest biting (PSI) both German Sheppard and Rottweiler have stronger bites pitbulls just have a bad rep,of course if you get a pit from a shelter you have no idea what that dog has been through but that goes with any dog. I know everyone is sick of the pitbull talk but i just wanted to make it clear that they can be just a good family pet as any other.

To the OP, a great place to start if you have no idea what kind of dog you are interested in, is a dog show. Maybe not Westminster, but find a local show. It will give you the ability to walk around, see actual adult sizes, puppy sizes, talk to people who own the various breeds, and get a good idea of what you will be in for. Then start to narrow down what type of dog you are looking for, and what you want it to be able to do. Do you want it strictly as a family dog, or will you possibly train it as a retriever and hunt with it? Then decide if you want to go to a breeder for a new born puppy, or if you are willing to go the adoption route. A great website is petfinder.com. I got my fox terrier thru that site. I have had dogs almost my entire 38 years, and have had mutts from the pound, pure breeds, and now a rescue dog. The most important thing is do your homework. Not every dog is suitable for all people. Like a previous poster stated, terriers can be a lot of work. Think of them in this generality: they are a wound up spring! I love my fox terrier more than I like most people, but they need a lot of distractions or the furniture and your shoes pay the price! Feel free to PM me, and I can give you info on the various breeds we have owned. Good luck in your search.

You guys have helped me to decide. I've decided on a cat. Thanks, everyone for your help.

Cats are the best pet and smarter than any dog.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

:facepalm:

I don't see many seeing-eye cats, or guard cats, or police cats or hunting cats. Useless animals that are selfish and dirty.