While reading through the newest copy of ANJRPC's 'News & Briefs' quarterly mailing, in the legislative outlook section, it looks like Bryan Miller is pushing for a .50cal ban, which was introduced a few weeks ago as S2178 and the magazine ban A1329 and adopting the Federal 'Lautenberg Plan Gun Ban', which, while not mentioning what it is, I'm sure it is everything that Lautenmummy has been pushing for these past few years.

I'm not sure what is different this time, then last time, with regards to the .50cal ban....I heard it was NJ's muzzleloading community that killed it.

shall we all start emailing these idiots? do they not realize that PA and DE both sell normal AND hi-cap mags? all it would take for someone who wants to do bad things is a 2 hour drive, max depending on where you live. and thats still ignoring the point that a 10 or 15 round mag is still as effective at putting bullets in the chamber as these other ones. disarming the community, enabeling the criminals. good times NJ....

no grandfathering for the 15 rounders if this goes through i guess?

It's Greenwald again. He tried it two years ago... he's trying it again. This is the bill that initially got me into political action.

I went to his office last year. I'll go to his office again if this gets legs.

Note that just because something gets introduced, doesn't mean its going to get passed.

no grandfathering for the 15 rounders if this goes through i guess?

Well the good news is that, in Monmouth County at least, there is case law that can be cited as precedent that in the absence of a provision in the new law to grandfather previously owned items the law should be deemed as "unconstitutional for violating ex post facto and due process".

STATE OF NEW JERSEY, SUPERIOR COURT OF NEW JERSEY

Plaintiff LAW DIVISION-CRIMINAL PART

vs. MONMOUTH COUNTY

ROBERT D. MERRILL IND. NO. 95-02-260-1

__________________________________________________ _____________

ORDER

This matter having been opened to the Court by Evan F. Nappen, Esq.,

Attorney for Defendant, in the presence of Michael B. Mangini,

Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor, and

The Court having heard argument of counsel and good cause having been

shown; and

The Court having determined that Count One of the indictment alleging

a violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3j is unconstitutional for violating ex

post facto and due process; and

The Court having determined that Count Two of the indictment alleging

a violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5f and incorporating

N.J.S.A. 2C:39-1w(2) as to the definition of "assault firearm" is

unconstitutional for vagueness and due process;

IT IS on this 26th day of February, 1996, ORDERED that the defendant's

motion to dismiss Count One of the indictment be, and the same is

hereby granted.

It is further ORDERED that the defendant's motion to dismiss Count Two

of the indictment be, and the same is hereby granted.

(Signed)

HON. MICHAEL D. FARREN, J.S.C.

Oh... and one more thing... We have Sweeny, who probably won't let this bill hit the floor, and Governor Christie who probably wouldn't sign it if it came across his desk.

Should we fight it? Absolutely. But we have a few heavyweights in our corner.

Oh... and one more thing... We have Sweeny, who probably won't let this bill hit the floor, and Governor Christie who probably wouldn't sign it if it came across his desk.

I wouldn't be too sure about that... Christie has been very non-commital (not answering questions directly) about gun control, all he'll say is "I wnt our LEOs to remain safe".... sounds very sketchy to me, especially since the LEOs don't have to worry about LAW ABIDING CITIZENS with guns.

Great, property tax is down, the state pension is 105% funded, unemployment is 4.5%, political hi jinx/crime is gone,

I'm glad to see that all other problems in NJ have been solved, so we can move onto fixing non problems.

What a bunch of Idiots. :facepalm:

Christie would never sign it. He knows its national political suicide AND, the only reason he comes out as neutral or slants anti is because he is a politico in NJ. Like most he does what is politically expedient for him and not taking a strong stance in a state where he knows the legislature opposes the view isn't expedient enough for him.

Christie would never sign it.

While politicians are notorious "flip-floppers", it's always important to remember past stances on important issues...

102r1jm.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NJ Politicians are a joke, especially the DEM sponsors of this bill. Again, we aren’t the problem but these Yuppie Politicians will continue to drive into Trenton in their high-end cars with vanity plates wearing nice suits and create pointless legislation. Why stop at 10rd mags,why not just go for a total ban on all firearms.

below are a few of my favorite NJ Politicians that always worked for the best interest of NJ.

One Gun a month Joe

Honest Wayne, AWB 1.0

Party Loyalist Neil Cohen

Should we fight it? Absolutely. But we have a few heavyweights in our corner.

I wouldn't count on it. Christie would sign any gun control out there. His stance as explained to me is that "he thinks the laws as they stand are sufficient." This position seems to largely come form his party handlers/advisors. They do not understand the situation well or even grasp what concerns gun owners. They don't grasp that the AG and NJSP basically making it up as they go along is a problem.

In a year where backlash might hurt the party he MIGHT veto it. In a year where there isn't much at stake and time for people to forget? I wouldn't count on it at all.

I wouldn't count on it. Christie would sign any gun control out there. His stance as explained to me is that "he thinks the laws as they stand are sufficient." This position seems to largely come form his party handlers/advisors. They do not understand the situation well or even grasp what concerns gun owners. They don't grasp that the AG and NJSP basically making it up as they go along is a problem.

In a year where backlash might hurt the party he MIGHT veto it. In a year where there isn't much at stake and time for people to forget? I wouldn't count on it at all.

Just to clarify you mean he wouldn’t sign, correct? That’s Mitt’s position because during the Republican primary debates because when asked about the restrictive gun laws in Mass that was Mitt’s answer so now CC has to do the same. CC wasn’t the Republican golden boy when he was running for Assembly when he endorsed the AWB, now he needs to give the perception that he is a real Republican and not a RINO. You could look at it two ways, he hasn't helped us but more importantly he hasn't hurt us either....

Calling Smokin' .50: Do you know what the scoop was with the .50cal ban a few years ago that got squashed do to muzzle loaders, and what is different with this bill now??

The legislature assured the Hunters and FUDDS that their Muzzle-loaders would be safe, but when it came time to present the bill, they put the original wording that pretty much banned ANYTHING .50 and above including MuzzleLoading rifles and Smoothbores.. it garnered anouth ourtage amongst the hunters and other shooters to acrually get together and DO something. if they go for it again, and limit it to .50 BMG, and other Cartidges, it will probably pass this time.

Just to clarify you mean he wouldn’t sign, correct? That’s Mitt’s position because during the Republican primary debates because when asked about the restrictive gun laws in Mass that was Mitt’s answer so now CC has to do the same. CC wasn’t the Republican golden boy when he was running for Assembly when he endorsed the AWB, now he needs to give the perception that he is a real Republican and not a RINO. You could look at it two ways, he hasn't helped us but more importantly he hasn't hurt us either....

Really????? While he hasnt hurt us legislatively, he has cornholed us SEVERAL times through his appointment of a radical, Democrat, RABID Anti-gun Attorney General in Paula Dow. Within a couple of Months of her Appointment, We here in NJ were no longer allowed to have firearms Delivered to us from the CMP, She made the Completely abritrary decision conserning the Auto-Ordnance Carbines (thereby putting ALL of us who own any type of AR or AK-pattern Rifle into danger) because of it's Shape..even though it COMPLETELY conformed to the standards to make it "Not Substantively Identical to a Named Firearm" under the AWB, and she barred a Brand New US-Built AK-Pattern rifle from sale here based SOLELY on it's Advertising. Also Christie Himself had the opportunity with Brian Aitken to send a Message, and while he did Commute Brian's Sentence, Aitken is STILL a Convicted Felon and stripped of his 2A rights forever. Christie is NO FRIEND TO US.

Calling Smokin' .50: Do you know what the scoop was with the .50cal ban a few years ago that got squashed do to muzzle loaders, and what is different with this bill now??

The OLD proposed ban didn't take smoothbores into account, so that meant that something like the .62 caliber (20 gauge) youth model Mossberg shotgun that I donated to the local Boy Scouts would be BANNED, OMG!! And a Brown Bess replica from more than 200 years ago! And I could go on and on! Once this was brought to light, the bill fell on it's face and all of the Legislators ran away from it as if it was a wet fart on a church pew.......

So it was both the Muzzleloaders as well as the shotgunners (and the NJDEP who employs folks to teach shotgun hunting rules) to thank for the bad law from being enacted.

As for our current Governor, I'm with "Pipes"! He had his chance and BLEW IT! Just another RINO!

Really????? While he hasnt hurt us legislatively, he has cornholed us SEVERAL times through his appointment of a radical, Democrat, RABID Anti-gun Attorney General in Paula Dow. Within a couple of Months of her Appointment, We here in NJ were no longer allowed to have firearms Delivered to us from the CMP, She made the Completely abritrary decision conserning the Auto-Ordnance Carbines (thereby putting ALL of us who own any type of AR or AK-pattern Rifle into danger) because of it's Shape..even though it COMPLETELY conformed to the standards to make it "Not Substantively Identical to a Named Firearm" under the AWB, and she barred a Brand New US-Built AK-Pattern rifle from sale here based SOLELY on it's Advertising. Also Christie Himself had the opportunity with Brian Aitken to send a Message, and while he did Commute Brian's Sentence, Aitken is STILL a Convicted Felon and stripped of his 2A rights forever. Christie is NO FRIEND TO US.

Dude, I'm on your side. My point was that he (CC) is now the golden boy his posture is now the same as Mitt’s which is there is enough laws on the books. You aren’t telling me anything, I was in Trenton during the AWB-1 protest, so had that not passed Dow & crew would have been a moot point. Since the original AWB is in place this is only a natural progression. Seriously, I hope you didn't think they were done?

I said it here and I will say it again my favorite radio person (now deceased) "Irv" Homer use to say it ALL the time, “once the elephant gets his nose under the tent before you know it the whole thing is inside”. That is exactly what we have here. If I had it my way none of those laws would have been pasted but I’m just some taxpaying stiff. If you don’t like CC you are going to love Governor Booker...