AndrewS

Hello from Boonton Township

Long time lurker but I picked up my FID and P2P yesterday so I figured it was time to make my forum membership official. I've been doing tons of research on this forum over the past few months and have found the community to be extreamly helpful, especially for us newbies that are new to gun ownership and guns in general.

I have't made my first purchase yet but I'm thinking Walther PPQ 9mm and a Ruger 10/22 to start me off. Does anyone know a range that has a PPQ in 9mm as a rental? I'd love to try it before I buy it.

So that said, Hello and thanks for all the info!

Andrew

Welcome, you can go to firearms guild in Easton, they have a few new style pistols to rent but make sure you bring your check book it's gonna cost you. Or somebody on this forum might let you shoot their stuff if you ask nicely and bring your ammo or offer some $$$. Good luck.

Welcome from up the road in Bloomingdale.

Get a Glock, then sell it later for a better gun. Buy a 10/22 and keep it forever. (I still have a G19C...for my young daughters to use)

In all honesty, I suggest a nice 38/357 revolver for a first pistol. Simple and safe until you dry off behind the ears.