Sign in to follow this  
RedRiverII

Public Servants and Sandy

We generally work in the background and are mostly invisible to the public, but we are going to be called in to do our duty. We keep society running seemlessly, for the most part, and often go unrecoginized. I want to say, Thank You, beforehand and remind you to be careful out there this week, as I for one recognize what you do, and what you are about to be asked to do.

Sandy is about to throw us a beating. Let us bear her wrath and go about building our lives and families. Due to surgery I have to sit this one out, but I'm thinking of you all, so be careful. I'll do what I can for my neighbors and pray for you. Good Luck.

I also work in the background, often invisible to the public, and never get any recognition. I produce things for a living and use that effort to pay your salary and personally fund everything you do. I guarantee you I will work every day this week no matter what, so sleep soundly.

I also work in the background, often invisible to the public, and never get any recognition. I produce things for a living and use that effort to pay your salary and personally fund everything you do. I guarantee you I will work every day this week no matter what, so sleep soundly.

Just cant help yourself..can you..

Well, I never in my life started a conversation looking for recognition for my work.

I read Ayn Rand as well.

I believe that's for me? I've never read anything by Ayn Rand, I know that is the person that wrote Atlas Shrugged among other things. Never saw the movie, either.

What part of it is untrue? Not that I don't appreciate the public servant, but at this point, with the amount we pay in taxes, we all serve the public in one way or another.

Not intending for this to be a pissing match.

In addition, many of us pitch in in times of need and help out wherever possible. If I waited in the last storm for DPW, no traffic would have got through on my street for at least 3 days. This does not diminish in any way the work of the official public servant...

With every post I despise you more and more. Always want it to be about you. Poor little desperate attention seeker. If we are ever at the same function....please never introduce yourself to me. If I post any more I would get banned and I'm not going to argue via pm.

I don't have any dislike or condescension for government employees.

With every post I despise you more and more. Always want it to be about you. Poor little desperate attention seeker. If we are ever at the same function....please never introduce yourself to me. If I post any more I would get banned and I'm not going to argue via pm.

I've never sent you a PM.

I mean this in the most sincere and kindhearted way possible. You've been saying things like this a lot lately. My dumb internet ass is less important to you than any other thing in your life. It's not worth the hate you seem to be accumulating. It's not good. Just call me a douche and laugh. I'll post a pic next time I hurt myself for you, I do it quite a bit :) I'm not lecturing. Just think about it.

I would just like to give a pre-emptive "Thank You" to the public servants, police, fire dept, EMT, Doctors, Utility workers, etc. who will all be very busy with dealing with the aftermath of this.

I can only hope some of the general public stupidity is bypassed..

While mipafox may have been a bit snarkish I couldn't help but roll my eyes and wonder if RedRiverII had severely injured his arm while patting himself on the back. Had he left "We keep society running seemlessly, for the most part, and often go unrecoginized" out of his diatribe it wouldn't have come off half as bad.

Wow... I'll hold my comment as it will be a violation of the Conduct code..but use your imagination.

at least he didn't mention he has automatic weapons,suppressors, or that he gets to ccw. got to give him some slack this time :lol: