mattio41

Best AR out of the Box...

I liked those Stag upper kits you listed. What's the best place to buy a stripped lower in Northern Jersey, and what kind do you recommend getting?

Honestly... online.

Riflegear, DSGArms, and Rainierarms have a decent selection on stripped lowers.

Just have it shipped to an FFL.

The one I go to only charges $40 for the NICS and transfer.

True Value Hardware in Lincoln Park, NJ

Yeah, it's not a gun shop, but it's cheap.

Most of the gun shops I've been in charge almost $200 for a stripped lower from stag or core15.

There's not a chance I'm paying that much.

I've been very happy with my Stag Arms Model 2. I originally wanted to get the M&P, but for some reason they were not readily available at the time (just about a year ago). Picked up the SA M2 from RTSP for around $850. I've only added a sling attachment and a red dot sight (Aimpoint PRO). I've run it through a couple of pretty intense classes (for me, at least), and it was flawless.

Windham Weaponry, the former makers of Bushmaster. When Bushmaster was sold to The Freedom Group (who also owns Remington), they moved production from Windham ME to Ilion NY. They let everyone go, and closed the plant. Five years later when his no competition clause ended, the former owner of Bushmaster came out of retirement and reopened the old plant. He re-hired any of his former employees who still wanted their Jobs back. Real nice story about an American company that did the right thing by their employees, and who in my opinion outshines most of the other companies building AR's out there. Excellent fit and finish, just like the old Bushmasters...which in my opinion are nicer. One other thing about Windham Weaponry is that they have a lifetime transferable warranty which beats Stag's warranty. Excellent customer service also.

Heard the same thing!

Yeah, well I guess it might show up sooner than the Sabre Defense I'm waiting on :(

What is the wait on DD?

No wait on the DD.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=ar15rifles_danieldefense

Rainier Arms also does price matching for any in stock DD rifle at a competitors site.

They'll do the gunsmithing for you too.

No wait on the DD.

http://www.rainierar...s_danieldefense

Rainier Arms also does price matching for any in stock DD rifle at a competitors site.

They'll do the gunsmithing for you too.

PK90 is a forum vendor. He has several Daniel Defense models in stock according to his website. They are already NJ compliant. http://www.colddeadhands.com/firearms.htm