Krdshrk

Sneaky Pete Holsters

Just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on Sneaky Pete holsters. It's a CCW option that goes on your belt - looks like a large electronic device carrying case.

51krjOWUHiL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/

Yes - it looks rather large but looks to be a neat way to possibly carry... Several reviews I've seen say it works great especially when in the car or on a motorcycle.

Thoughts (besides "damn that's huge!")?

Yes they are big but concealed means concealed. They work perfect. You can pry off the SP and beat up the leather. I think they are worth the money. Getting the right holster is becoming a giant trial & error game. They are like potato chips, you can't have just one. I bet I will eventually spend more money on various holsters than the gun.

the only issue is carrying something like that is bound to have this happen at least once..

random tech geek dork that thinks you are carrying some ultra elite jumbo Android:  "WOW what kind of phone do you have? I am really looking for something new.. with a nice big screen.. can I see what you are using??"

and then you are really left in an awkward situation.. 

no thanks.. 

the only issue is carrying something like that is bound to have this happen at least once..

random tech geek dork that thinks you are carrying some ultra elite jumbo Android:  "WOW what kind of phone do you have? I am really looking for something new.. with a nice big screen.. can I see what you are using??"

and then you are really left in an awkward situation.. 

no thanks.. 

Just say no... that's all you need to do...  

In all seriousness, if you're going to rock something that big and bulky just to CC an Elsie Pea, you might as well go whole hog and fanny pack a real gun-

Desantis%20N58%20Gun%20Caddie.jpg5157_gal3280_big.jpg

Or if your style is more Brooklyn-ish, go for the metrosexual operator chest rig-

'waist-wallet-coffee-black-womens-fanny-p

So I ordered the Holster on Jan 9, it arrived today, January 17.

It shipped from Brookhaven NY.

It came in a nice box and a Tyvek bag, neither of which I'll use again.

The inside had a glop of glue or something on it but shrug, it doesn't seem to affect anything and I'm one of those that prefer function over cosmetics.

The holster snaps on nicely to my work belt(semi-dress, but still nice leather), not my holster belt, so that's a win.  I do  have a better belt for my other holsters but I don't think I need it. It's held on there pretty good.

The gun is firmly held in place once inside, I don't believe you could get it out of there under any kind of normal situation.    I mean, if you drop of off a 2 story building, maybe, but a fall or something will not dislodge it.

The trigger is covered while inserted, so You can't jab a finger in front of the trigger and draw.

It's pretty big but I tried sitting down on the couch, the car, etc, no problem for me but I'm a lefty.  A righty might have trouble with his seat belt if he's driving.

The verdict is, I like it.   I'm going to start wearing it around town(no gun in NJ) to really get a feel for it.

Here's the pics.  I used a 20 for perspective.  The pop rocks were a gift from my 10yo niece.  I left the images big so you could really get a look at it.

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp3.jpg

sp4.jpg

sp5.jpg

sp6.jpg

I see the insert...are they made for RH/LH or are they Ambi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Specifically, one hand or the other.  The insert and this little rubber thing at the bottom are affixed inside.  I suppose you could probably pry it out and switch sides, better to just buy the proper holster in the first place.