Farsanarian

Costas Anti Firearm Statement

To think I used to like Costas but that comment just changed my mind.

That was my thought as well. It was a huge tragedy but he was a NFL football player. I doubt he would need any weapons if he wanted to hurt somebody. Should we ban weight machines as well?

Now, he was also reading an article written by someone else. Trying to find the text.

FYI.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-murder-suicide-tragedy-girlfriend-self-leave-orphan-daughter-why-still-playing-sunday-120112

"I would argue that your rationalizations speak to how numb we are in this society to gun violence and murder. We’ve come to accept our insanity. We’d prefer to avoid seriously reflecting upon the absurdity of the prevailing notion that the second amendment somehow enhances our liberty rather than threatens it.

How many young people have to die senselessly? How many lives have to be ruined before we realize the right to bear arms doesn’t protect us from a government equipped with stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks and nuclear weapons?

Our current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead."

FYI.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-murder-suicide-tragedy-girlfriend-self-leave-orphan-daughter-why-still-playing-sunday-120112

"I would argue that your rationalizations speak to how numb we are in this society to gun violence and murder. We’ve come to accept our insanity. We’d prefer to avoid seriously reflecting upon the absurdity of the prevailing notion that the second amendment somehow enhances our liberty rather than threatens it.

How many young people have to die senselessly? How many lives have to be ruined before we realize the right to bear arms doesn’t protect us from a government equipped with stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks and nuclear weapons?

Our current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead."

Contact his network. Let them know that you are not happy with one of their employees using a tragedy to forward their own political and personal agenda. Maybe we could start a petition here. I'm sure Mike Lupica will have a field day with this. Bloomberg also...

On a side note it's funny how fans feel they need to celebrate his life, and mourn his passing

No sympathy for this guy. He had everything he could have ever asked for. May God bless his girlfriend, and their three month old child who will now go through her life trying to make sense of this when she get older.

FYI.

http://msn.foxsports...g-sunday-120112

That's funny, I seem to recall a bunch of piss poor farmers fighting off that same military with some rifles and pungi sticks, and another ragtag group of terrorists doing the same with some ancient AKs and some homemade explosives.

I LOVE it when people with an anti-gun agenda spew this specific point.

It's full of more holes than swiss cheese, but unfortunately its answer must be kept silent, for we must remain "patriotic" especially in sports, with all the uniformed men and flags and songs and all that at every game.

However, I'd like to be the boogey man who would have the audacity to ask Bob or anyone else - "So, if small arms are no good against predator drones and stealth bombers, how come we can't win Afghanistan?"

Yeah hes been a knob for a long time now. He said if the KC player didn't have a gun, he and his gf would be alive now. If that guy was crazy enough to shoot her, he is damn well crazy enough to kill her with a knife or his bare hands

Cough, OJ, cough, cough.

I didn't see it, but so far it seems like he was quoting or agreeing with the Whitlock piece from Fox sports. I really don't care what either of them has to say, I think it's a conscious effort by the MSM to push gun control. Whitlock may be coming more to it from a thug life aspect, and Costas is the more widely known white guy to repeat this for the sunday football show crowd.

He is a sanctimonious douche. I would love to see what american president decides to drop a nuclear weapon on NY because of small arms fire or causes a Tienanmen Square type tank picture in LA. (Although I dont put the predator drone strikes past this president as long as you are a citizen and not an illegal alien)

He knows a stealth bomber cant just target those with guns?

Simple steps to take to voice your displeasure to NBC. They are a Corporation and only care about the bottom line. Hit them where it hurts, the pocketbook. I went to www.nbc.com and clicked on the "Contact Us" link. Here is what I wrote.

To whom it may concern,

Last night during the broadcast of Sunday Night Football, Bob Costas went on a rant espousing gun control. As someone who cherishes our Civil Rights, the most basic of which is the right to self-defense, I take exception to someone who wishes to trample on those rights. If I had wanted political commentary, I would have turned to your MSNBC station.

As a New Jersey resident, I see the restrictions to my Second Amendment rights on a daily basis and watch with concern as mainstream media promulgate these affronts to our Constitutional liberties. I am an active member of my state's recreational shooting community and want you to know that the call has already gone on our internet forums out to take action. As of now, you have lost me as a viewer, and will not have me back until Bob Costas has publicly apologized. A simple disavowal on your part is insufficient because the damage is done. Costas needs to apologize or lose his job. There are thousands more like me in my state, and many more than that around the country. Are you prepared to alienate millions of law abiding gun owners that would otherwise be supporters of your programming. Please do the right thing. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Costas lacks the courage to say this is his own opinion, instead he quotes another to remove the responsibility from himself.

COWARD!

Belcher was an athlete in peak physical form, capable of killing ANYONE with nothing more than his bare hands. Costas would have been smarter to lament domestic violence than to blame the gun. Just ask Nicole Brown Simpson.