bulpup

Motorcycle questions

You do have some nice rides man, need to post up some more of your pics one of these days.

I will I have the motor apart on the gray bike long story.... I should have it back together by New Years hopefully. I have been waiting a long time to take the freshly restored Royal sidecar for a ride.

285122_2002258773301_6727943_n.jpg.

The V&H long shots can be loud and its mostly a bar hopper. 04 FSXT

399400_2528709334236_389150697_n.jpg

Buell 1125R & The Barker pipe...well it makes this thing sound like a low level helo. The fuel factory maps were so bad that under 3k this thing could buck horribly and kill you. The factory race ECM fixed that issue. The wheel base and rake make this thing a corner killer. Not a good time to bunny hop REVVV IT BABY. Some bikes dont charge under 3000 rpm. Nothing like a dead battery light while in traffic. Thats why some prefer to rev and make non riders ANGRY oh well. Well I shouldnt leave out reving the bike it just bitchin man!

226017_2028261063342_1386398_n.jpg

This is for stealth ninja operations

AND YOU BETTER DAMN WELL BE FLYING YOUR COLORS!!!!!

577829_3238965250190_1155050660_n.jpg

The Street Bob will likely get some V&H pipes this winter along with Fuel mgmnt etc etc.

Don't overlook the TTS Mastertune setup. Use it on my 08 FLH and if I had to do it all over again I'd pick the same tuner again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My head hurts after reading this whole thread through for the first time tonight.IMHO regarding your first few here:

Loudness: Various reasoning. Early tradition, performance, the save lives cliche, etc...

Reckless: By stats, usually ages between 18-25... Reason why motorcycle insurance is so expensive at an early age. Similar to auto insurance and inexperienced drivers, motorcyclists at a you age seem to want to add a fast death wish to their list. As mentioned elsewhere, not everyone is like that.

Engine Rev: Various reasons... To be annoying, clear out the engine, help smooth out idle at low rpms... Etc.

I've had all kinds of bikes, Jap, American, etc. long ago I was taught to ride by my best friend that had a school with duel controlled motorcycles. He actually sat right behind you. No parking lot learning other than general bike part learning, etc. For years, he was an out law biker that cleaned up his act and made a name for himself. He taught me that bikes are a personal experience and preference just like guns.Respect all bikers regardless how they react or treat you. Because if you are a Hog Head that refuses to acknowledge a Jap bike in passing, and you go done one day and nobody is around except for that one Jap biker, you better hope he doesn't give you the finger!

I've been around every type of biker you can think of. The old school, hard head bikers can be some of the worse to deal with. They will curse you for riding a Jap bike and not being All American all the while they drive a Toyota Pickup truck. Mentalities are very different. I wave to all on comers and a good percentage today will acknowledge you back. The ones that don't, oh well. Bikers for the most part consider themselves a rare breed, a brotherhood if you will. Most would be there for you no matter what.But the ones that drive like buttheads force everyone, including other bikers, to put a wedge between the others forcing prejudice.

Whiteliners: Bikers that pass everyone riding the white line. Years ago before modern engines came into play, bikers in hot weather needed to keep the engines cool. No radiators or fans, the engines were all air cooled. Don't keep it cool, say bye bye to your engine. Today, keeping an engine cool is a lot easier. Some bikes are water cooled, have fans, oil coolers, etc., etc. BUT there are still arsewipes that whiteline. Most of what I've seen are young twits on crotch rockets. They feel invincible and seem to think they have a cool factor ego. This also gives bikers a bad name.Without being biased, there are many standard whys and why nots. But because most bikers take critique of their rides very personally, you'll get all types of responses.Hope this helps a bit.

Think about a motorcycle FAQ for people that don't ride.I am building a list and I have responses like why are they so loud, why do they ride so reckless, they do they rev their engine all the time and why do they go so fast.Can any of you guys think what other questions might be out there?Thanks in advance.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

To use Topher's FAQ... Lol.

Why must they always wear black? -- I just like black... but I were blue denim too!

Why so many tattoos? -- Had tatts before I had a bike. Breaks up all the black too.

Why do they always look so... angry? -- I'm just cranky by nature.

Aren't they dangerous? -- Yes, but so is walking across the street.

Why would you want to own one, isn't a car more practical? - Cars are practical, but bikes are more of a freedom thing and something different. Gas mpg today is a good deciding factor as bikes get great mpg for the most part.

How much do they cost? -- Too vague a question... 1000s - to 10s of 1000s.

Will you go with me when I look at a used one? - By me pizza and a beer, maybe.

How much less gas do they use than a car? -- Depends on model. I average 40mpg on mine.

How much to insure? --- Varies by rider age and record.

Does it really stay up by itself? --- As long as your feet are on the ground or moving. Other than the use of a kick stand or center stand.

Can I get a ride? -- Yep, bus stop is down the street.

How do I learn to "stunt"? -- Call Evel.

Will chicks like me more if I have one? -- Sometimes, but the ain't always hot!

Do chicks like you more because you have one? --- Nah, if you are a dick, nothing can change that.

What did your mom say? -- I'm nuts.

Can I meet her? (oops.) -- By all means, take her!

How fast do they go? -- Just as fast as most cars or faster.

Can you stop quickly? -- Yep, trees and walls really help!

Can you stop at all? - Yup, see above.

Why use the brakes, they just slow you down, right? -- I don't. I'm like Fred Flintstone and use my feet.

Why do you need to use your feet? -- See above.

Where do I get a cool paint job? -- Cool paint job shop.

Will you buy me one? - Sure! Meet me at your dealer and if I'm not here, ask the nice biker salesman to give you one.

Typos courtesy Apple...

By the way BH, splitting lanes is allowed in a few states, not blasting down the white line like we have all seen and you were referring to but it did save me a lot of time back in the 80's in southern Kali getting to work. Made a 2 hour ride in a cage down to 30-40 minutes on the bike.

Yep, you are correct. NJ, prob not so... Not sure though as I don't think there is any reason to anymore. I think they'd also let you use shoulder if need be back then. I recall many cops letting you slide because of engine over heating issues.

By the way BH, splitting lanes is allowed in a few states, not blasting down the white line like we have all seen and you were referring to but it did save me a lot of time back in the 80's in southern Kali getting to work. Made a 2 hour ride in a cage down to 30-40 minutes on the bike.

Typos courtesy Apple...