TheSingularity

Feinstein just announced a new proposed assault weapons ban

Meanwhile she holds a ccw and carries a handgun on her at all times.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy, I had to look that one up. sorry folks but she is a POS

Let's face it. The spirit of the original AWBs - NY, NJ, Federal, etc. - is to ban AR-15s and AK-47s. However, as the law was written, it allowed wiggle room to say, "wellll, that's not an AK-47 you see, it's a MAK-90!"

This time around, the legislators have learned from experience. Any law they try and pass will likely be worded more in line with the original spirit of the AWB. There will be no wiggle room for Bushmaster Cal .223's and "not substantially identical" stuff this time around.

I agree. Just to add what you said if a Federal AWB does go thru don't think the Azz clowns in Trenton will be happy with that, they could pile on even more state restrictions if they have the votes and the Gov signs it.

shes calling for a complete ban with no grandfathering.

No true read:

As far as I could tell by reading her proposal she would grandfather people. Her language ssay as follows: Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) says she will introduce a gun-control bill on the first day of the next Congress: "It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession -- not retroactively, but prospectively --" of "assault weapons" as well as high-capacity magazines.

By not retroactuvely I believe that means what happend in the past will remain and that prospectively means what will happen in the future. can't say what NJ will do but I do know a bunch of folks will probably move or give the guns to relatives out of state (yes illegial I know)

There's a lot of buzz on the liberal radio. They want the guns to go. Over and over. They want guns gone. This AWB will pass in one form or another.

Yes it will. I am not a quitter and will fight the good fight until the end but how do you fight mass media making everyone of us who enjoys guns and shooting sports look like well, I will ues the term they called us when we retumrd from Nam "baby killers" ! Looks like the 60's all over again. At least todays young heros who fight for our freedom are respected. Can't say the same for those of us who fought and died in that other war...

I don't really get too into these debates. But one thing I always seem to see from the anti-gun side of the spectrum is they

do not even understand what they fear. For instance on the radio today (NPR) the guest was explaining how open carry

means you can't have it in a holster, you have to be holding the gun in your hand... Hmm... I'd like to see how that'd play out.

During this shooting they said the shooter had a 22 caliber gun. Big difference between 22 and 223.

They say they want to ban "high powered ammunition/guns". Ask any of them to name ONE "high powered" caliber.

The focus is on "assault weapons/rifles" with pistol grips. So what: a Rem 870 with an extended tube full of buck shot or

slugs is harmless?

That's the part that gets to me the most. Total IGNORANCE from the other side.

But I guess what they say is true. You fear that which you don't understand.

My high school prom date has gone full blast on fb. I held back until I was getting three posts an hour in my news feed. Then I proceeded to explain to her what an assault rifle is, what am assault weapon is, why banning them doesn't work, and what I thought we should do about it.

She basically admitted that she didn't know jack shit about firearms. She just wants them gone.

Facepalm.

My high school prom date has gone full blast on fb. I held back until I was getting three posts an hour in my news feed. Then I proceeded to explain to her what an assault rifle is, what am assault weapon is, why banning them doesn't work, and what I thought we should do about it.

She basically admitted that she didn't know jack shit about firearms. She just wants them gone.

Facepalm.

Tell her if she wants guns gone to move to a country without a constitution that reconginzes the right of a free people to defend themselves.

The argument that these are different times and what the founding fathers envisioned can no longer happen drives me nuts. With so many examples to draw from throughout the 20th century you'd think this wouldn't even be a conversation.

It really drives me nuts that they are pointing to China as an example of successful gun control. We are becomming a society of slaves.

channel 5 reported hussien nobama is going to outline new, stronger gun control laws. there is no fycking way im a defeatist, but im not blind and deaf either. the writing is on the walls is written with the blood of children. there is no better opportunity for the antis to spew their hate.

there is no better opportunity for the antis to spew their hate.

And it is no better opportunity for gun owners to be heard.

Think it this way .. what if they try to pass new dumb laws and they fail? If we manage to stop this now, if we show a strong united front now when they think they have the best shot at it, what message does that send for future regulation and attempts?

Fight your ass off now, because if we fail we are screwed forever but if we succeed we'll make a bit difference going forward.

the writing is on the walls is written with the blood of

Really? More horseshit. You're making yourself no better than the over emotional antis crying "Won't anyone think of the children!?"

Facts and details matter. You lose the emotional argent. They win that side of the debate. Know your facts. Details matter and k owl edge is power. Dismantle their flimsy and completely emotional argument with detailed knowledge to expose their ignorance.

wtf are you talking about?? im not emotional at ALL. i said that because THAT is what the antis see, THAT is what the general public who are on neither side of the 2A debate see. and THAT is what the antis are using AGAINST us. how is that horseshit, huh? if you really think im just rolling over and giving up, you have no motherfycking idea who i am or what i believe in.

wtf are you talking about?? im not emotional at ALL. i said that because THAT is what the antis see, THAT is what the general public who are on neither side of the 2A debate see. and THAT is what the antis are using AGAINST us. how is that horseshit, huh? if you really think im just rolling over and giving up, you have no motherfycking idea who i am or what i believe in.

Nah, dude. It's just better to pat each other on the back and tell each other that it ain't going to happen as compared to actually sharing what the other side is saying and doing. I always thought info regardless of the source can be useful.

She did this right after aurora too.

The difference is that Aurora happened before the election. Back when they had to claim that they "support the second amendment" because if they were honest, like they are now, and came out and said they wanted to ban guns, they would've been unemployed. Now they don't have to worry about it, and their true colors are shining through.

If they just try to ban center fire, magazine fed semi-automatics it won't get through the House. It just won't - it's too broad.

Our best chance at defeating this is if they overreach. A week ago, most people in the country didn't give a damn about gun control, which is why they kept saying "Obama never said he wants to take your guns away", but after Friday, suddenly the ignorant become experts and what they "know" is that guns need to be banned. I still haven't heard one news report stating that CT already has an AWB.

For those who aren't NRA members, I think it's time for you to re-evaluate that decision. We need to be heard as one voice, and like it or not, the NRA is that voice. I added 3 more NRA members yesterday, from my own pocket, just to help get the numbers up. Politicians can do one thing well, they can count. The first thing they ask the NRA is "So, how's membership?". If it's up, they are more likely to listen. If it's down, we get marginalized. Imagine if the next time an NRA lobbyist went to talk to someone on the Hill they could say, "Well, membership is good. We went from 4 million to 12 million."

At a minimum, we should all be NRA members, and it's better if we join as many organizations as we can. SAF, GOA, JPFO, etc.

channel 5 reported hussien nobama is going to outline new, stronger gun control laws. there is no fycking way im a defeatist, but im not blind and deaf either. the writing is on the walls is written with the blood of children. there is no better opportunity for the antis to spew their hate.

The fact that you resort to opening your opinion with name calling makes the remainder of your statement irrelevant. The same way one would attack Christie's weight before trying to piece together a comprehensive viewpoint. This is what makes spirited debaters seem childish amidst the rest of the adults making conversation.

Good thing for us that America has a short attention span, so maybe after the holidays will be bennficial for the pro gun side. That and I think this fiscal cliff stuff is way more important to alot f people, no one will care about gun control when their taxes are going up. They can **** about that to the media instead.

I'm not too political but can this stuff even pass through the republican controlled house?

That's the thing. It's not going to pass the House.

If Obama tries to issue an Executive Order that clearly violates the Constitution, he will be facing impeachment hearings.

The Dems are evil, but they are not stupid. They remember what happened in the '94 election.

There will be much hand-wringing and talk about "doing it for the children" over the next few weeks, then the sheep will get a new episode of American Idol to keep them busy for a while.

ETA: I'm not suggesting complacency. In fact, I've already fired off a few emails. But once the hysteria dies down, not much, if anything is going to happen.

That's the thing. It's not going to pass the House.

If Obama tries to issue an Executive Order that clearly violates the Constitution, he will be facing impeachment hearings.

The Dems are evil, but they are not stupid. They remember what happened in the '94 election.

No way the Senate impeaches. Are you kidding, Reid hasn't allowed a budget vote or any other vote he doesn't want in the last 4 years. Do you really think that corrupt, anti-American piece of sh*t would allow impeachment? I said it here once before, Obama could commit murder on live tv and Reid wouldn't allow impeachment to happen.

The fact that you resort to opening your opinion with name calling makes the remainder of your statement irrelevant. The same way one would attack Christie's weight before trying to piece together a comprehensive viewpoint. This is what makes spirited debaters seem childish amidst the rest of the adults making conversation.

so using his middle name and a term thats been on tens of thousands of bumper sticker is 'name calling'? get off your high horse. youre no more 'adult' then anyone here

Again, it won't get that far. There will be a lot of talk and a few bills introduced. They probably won't even be debated in committee let alone brought up for a vote.+

I completely disagree. This will go somewhere. I think that the rest ofhe country will just be coming to same standards as NJ or Calif.

so using his middle name and a term thats been on tens of thousands of bumper sticker is 'name calling'? get off your high horse. youre no more 'adult' then anyone here

It's a pointed effort to link his middle name to some negative islamic connotation. Yes, it is in bumper sticker form, it doesnt change the reason why it is exploited. Im not a supporter of the guy but damn does that water down any point someone is trying to make.