Anyone know of how much FID applications have soared since CT? I'm curious to see if people are running to Police Stations in an attempt to buy guns ASAP. I know it's been high for about 4 years now...

The Union Police Department called my wife today to cancel her appointment for submitting FID & PP applications. She's extremely disappointed, but she was told to call tomorrow to reschedule. With our trip to Buffalo for the holidays, it doesn't look like she'll be able to do it until after January 1st. It sucks, but who knows.

In Union, Any Truhe's on the force. Big name with the PD when I lived there. Went to UHS with one.

I know about 8 guys and their two dispatchers real well, but I don't recognize that name. Most of the people I know I also went to UHS with, but there are a lot of faces at UPD that I've never seen before.

Update to the Wife's cancellation:

She called an hour ago as instructed by the detectives secretary, and was told that no new applications will be taken until after January 1st. She also is being instructed to call after the 1st to make a new appointment, so now we're back at square one. I'd call the chief who I know very well, but we're leaving on Saturday morning for Buffalo and I don't think bothering him with this will benefit us since we're returning on the 30th. I don't know exactly what is going on, but I do know that this Detective has a rep for being difficult and frequently throws around a bad attitude. We'll see what happens when we return.

no new applications will be taken until after January 1st.

So a PD can just not take an FPID application? That doesn't seem to pass the smell test. This isn't like up North Jersey where the PD building was wiped out and they physically can't take the applications (and all the ones in the building were destroyed). You might want to reach out to Frank@NJ2AS and let them know about this.

I'm waiting for a friend to call back with info. I know they don't take many appointments around the week of Christmas, but I'm curious why my wife couldn't go in today or tomorrow since it was the detective who scheduled her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted my application for additional permits in late October. I'm patiently waiting as the items I'm looking to get are back ordered anyway. I would most likely not be able to pick up my first handgun until February with the other one I'm told will be available in April so I'm not rushing the detective. If it is issued in late January, that would work out well.

I am not surprised that the detective would take vacation now seeing that most people take vacation around this time. There are probably quite a bit of people calling in response to the tragedy that happen in CT and he is getting hammered by the number of requests.

Hello,

I picked up my app for initial FID card and 2 pistol permits. Completed forms and called the Sgt. at the Sussex NJSP barracks in charge of applications to schedule my appointment to submit my application. Earliest available slot was on Jan, 31, 2013. He stated that he is absolutely slammed right now, to the point where all the phone lines have been jammed up at the barracks for the past two days.

So here I am, waiting until 01/31 just to submit my app, then I will schedule my fingerprinting (another long wait), and then the standard NJSP 14 weeks to receive the card.

Ray

Appointments to drop off applications?? Is this a common thing in NJ towns?

Here is the excerpt from the cover page attached to the application. This was provided at the NJSP barracks.

"APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9AM AND 2PM MONDAY THRU FRIDAY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT CONTACT SGT. XXXXXXXXXXX @ 973-383... BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10AM AND 12PM MONDAY THRU FRIDAY. NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED."

Ray

Wow. I can't believe some of this. I was expecting Jersey City to be a nightmare, as it is a big city, right next to NYC, but it was a walk in the park.

My GF walked in this morning and put in her application. No appointment and she forgot her pictures. NBD, go next door, there is a place that can take them for you.

I went from application to FID and 2 P2P in 20 days.

Wow. I can't believe some of this. I was expecting Jersey City to be a nightmare, as it is a big city, right next to NYC, but it was a walk in the park.

My GF walked in this morning and put in her application. No appointment and she forgot her pictures. NBD, go next door, there is a place that can take them for you.

I went from application to FID and 2 P2P in 20 days.

Pictures? What pictures!!!!

Wow, I called Middlesex Boro Tuesday, I have an appointment next Wednesday (they only accept appointments for Wednesdays). I believe the Det. that usually does the paperwork is on vacation, but another one is covering the appointments for him....No pictures needed!!

Well, like I said, JCPD took 20 days to process my card and P2P. If they want my pretty picture they are welcome to it. I mean, they have my name and address. They are cops. They can pull up my DL picture any time they want. Not like it is intrusive. nd they are fast, friendly and efficient. Small trade.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

*update*

The detective at UPD called yesterday and tried to reschedule for next week. He WAS on vacation for the holidays. My wife told him she starts at a new hospital on Monday, so he is squeezing her in this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk