iRONman

Unemployment ends in 12/31?

**If you click on edit post, and then click on "full edit" you can correct the title.

I don't know anything about unemployment, but seeing as how it is a government handout program that people abuse, I'm sure he will extend it.

Unemployment was extended you can collect for a certain amount of weeks and it runs out, Obama extended the srevices for another 12 monts for the depression..

In other words time to get a job..

Obama turned the unemployment program into a welfare program one of the reasons the deficit has climbed so high..

http://thehill.com/b...oyment-proposal

....not that there isn't anything to DO in New Jersey post-Sandy!

We still haven't seen our tree service that has been promising to come out to give us a quote. Meanwhile, I've been slowly chipping away at the mess myself, and have much of it cleaned up. Their loss, as well as mine.

guys, not everyone abuses the system. I was unemployed for 9mo and tried & tried like hell to find work, unfortunately, its a tuff market right now. sh*t, I even posted my rez on this site for any leads. I feel ur friends pain, wish them luck on their job search.

guys, not everyone abuses the system. I was unemployed for 9mo and tried & tried like hell to find work, unfortunately, its a tuff market right now. sh*t, I even posted my rez on this site for any leads. I feel ur friends pain, wish them luck on their job search.

Same situation here. My unemployment (DE not NJ) ran out in September of this year. You guys collecting in NJ are living high off the hog compared to what Delaware pays.

I fully agree with you. Not everyone abuses the system. I have worked continuously for over 40 years and found myself let go because of financial issues where I worked. I have applied for over 200 posted positions, yes 200. Out of those apps, I got 10 interviews. The problem is the amount of people still out of work. Some hiring people I have spoken to say they can't get thru all the resumes they receive for a job. Add to that my current age, and hiring a 30 year old at half the salary and plenty of years left on the clock. I feel for many of those that are unemployed. I have been out of work for 1 3/4 years and unemployment ran out months ago. For those that tend to classify anyone on unemployment as deadbeats, first walk in some of our shoes. Good luck to anyone searching for a job and Happy Holidays!

I fully agree with you. Not everyone abuses the system. I have worked continuously for over 40 years and found myself let go because of financial issues where I worked. I have applied for over 200 posted positions, yes 200. Out of those apps, I got 10 interviews. The problem is the amount of people still out of work. Some hiring people I have spoken to say they can't get thru all the resumes they receive for a job. Add to that my current age, and hiring a 30 year old at half the salary and plenty of years left on the clock. I feel for many of those that are unemployed. I have been out of work for 1 3/4 years and unemployment ran out months ago. For those that tend to classify anyone on unemployment as deadbeats, first walk in some of our shoes. Good luck to anyone searching for a job and Happy Holidays!

Nicely said.

Thanks to the Obama handouts no one even bothered looking for job because they collected a check for 3 years straight sitting at home. This then hurts the honest people who get laid off and are constantly looking for a job but can't find one.

It's funny too since all the people on the Obama handouts voted for him and now he's gonna cut them off, can anyone here say "I told you so"

Thanks to the Obama handouts no one even bothered looking for job because they collected a check for 3 years straight sitting at home. This then hurts the honest people who get laid off and are constantly looking for a job but can't find one.

It's funny too since all the people on the Obama handouts voted for him and now he's gonna cut them off, can anyone here say "I told you so"

Again, a generalization. For many, an unemployment check is only a fraction of what they made while working.

Again, a generalization. For many, an unemployment check is only a fraction of what they made while working.

I understand its a fraction of what you may have made prior to being laid off, but for some people it's the same amount that they made while working because they are under the max limit threshold.

My point was people are abusing this system more than ever, and it hurts honest Americans who receive the same benefits. I'm not saying its u or anyone here but there are definatly people who will just accept that check every month and be content with it cause they know they will keep comming.

I understand its a fraction of what you may have made prior to being laid off, but for some people it's the same amount that they made while working because they are under the max limit threshold.

My point was people are abusing this system more than ever, and it hurts honest Americans who receive the same benefits. I'm not saying its u or anyone here but there are definatly people who will just accept that check every month and be content with it cause they know they will keep comming.

I agree.

Get your info straight. No one is collecting a check for 3 years straight. The maximum benefit was 99 weeks and has since already been reduced. I believe its down to 79 weeks. I was laid off years ago and I can tell you it's no picnic. Probably one of the worst feelings in the world. With the current state of the economy 79 week sometimes isnt enought time to find a job. I truly believe the majority is not "abusing" the unemployment benefits.

If you are sending out 200 resumes and getting 10 interviews and no jobs don't you think it's time to figure something else out? It's the one thing I never understood. There is always a way to make money it's just not always what people are willing to do.

If you are sending out 200 resumes and getting 10 interviews and no jobs don't you think it's time to figure something else out? It's the one thing I never understood. There is always a way to make money it's just not always what people are willing to do.

For every issue in life, there may be circumstances which dictate what you are capable of doing. Do you have any idea what my personal circumstances may be? Didn't think so. Whether its financial, educational, health, age or any combination, they can play a role in what you are capable of doing. With your vast knowledge of ways to make money, "including some things people are not always willing to do", and apparently knowing what everybody's personal circumstances are, try understanding this. I, and anyone else on this site or any other site, do not owe any explanation of our personal circumstances to anyone. My original statement was intended to agree with another poster and others who are struggling to find jobs, in spite of their circumstances, which are THEIR issues, not yours. There are other ways to make money, I understand that. Then again, how do you know I don't sell stolen car parts to make ends meet? (sarcasm)

Get your info straight. No one is collecting a check for 3 years straight. The maximum benefit was 99 weeks and has since already been reduced. I believe its down to 79 weeks. I was laid off years ago and I can tell you it's no picnic. Probably one of the worst feelings in the world. With the current state of the economy 79 week sometimes isnt enought time to find a job. I truly believe the majority is not "abusing" the unemployment benefits.

Not true, my mother is in her 60s, she was let go in Nov. 2009, her last check was Dec. 2012. She collected UI for almost 36 months. I was let go from my job of 11 years in March. I started collecting UI on June 10th; my last check from the 26 weeks of initial benefits came last week. I received a letter Dated Dec. 11 stating a 14 week extension would start Dec. 23 then got another letter dated Dec. 12 the following day telling me regardless of when any extensions started that Dec. 31 they all expire so my 14 weeks effectively just turned into 3. I have applied for so many positions I lost track, I have been on just 3 interviews for positions worth between 50-70% of the almost 100k I was making and not one call back to even let me know if any of the jobs were even filled. I'm going to be 44 in January and have two kids 5 and 7. The only two sources I have left to keep me going are cashing in my 401k and my income tax refund for 2012. Talk about Happy Holidays!

I had to switch industries completely and even then took a pay cut for less than half of what I was making. I had to dumb my skills and qualifications down to a minimum. God forbid you are a reservist or a former infantryman. I'm not saying lie just omit certain things about your self and tailor your resumes to the target employer. It took 6 months 137 applications and 4 interviews to get the job I got. Here in Newark you are required to keep a job search log and are subject to random inspection of it. They still managed to NEVER pay me on time. It is bad out here jersey comeback my ass.

For every issue in life, there may be circumstances which dictate what you are capable of doing. Do you have any idea what my personal circumstances may be? Didn't think so. Whether its financial, educational, health, age or any combination, they can play a role in what you are capable of doing. With your vast knowledge of ways to make money, "including some things people are not always willing to do", and apparently knowing what everybody's personal circumstances are, try understanding this. I, and anyone else on this site or any other site, do not owe any explanation of our personal circumstances to anyone. My original statement was intended to agree with another poster and others who are struggling to find jobs, in spite of their circumstances, which are THEIR issues, not yours. There are other ways to make money, I understand that. Then again, how do you know I don't sell stolen car parts to make ends meet? (sarcasm)

Nice post.

Do you have a passenger side door for a 72 chevelle, mine was ruined in the flood? ( sarcasm still on )

Do you have a passenger side door for a 72 chevelle, mine was ruined in the flood? ( sarcasm still on )

I'll check my inventory and get back to you. You should have invested in a 69 or 70. They carry their value in the muscle car market. ( yes, sarcasm still on )