Sign in to follow this  
Tactical Turtle

new to me keltec sub 2k

Gun broker has been pushing their price near 800-900 in some cases. They have more of a cult following than most. I had bought one in 2003 before all they hit the big time. I sold it in 2006 to help buy a house and missed it dearly, so I grabbed a .40 here finally. Now opportunity knocks with my AR situation. Well see what happens.

Gun broker has been pushing their price near 800-900 in some cases. They have more of a cult following than most. I had bought one in 2003 before all they hit the big time. I sold it in 2006 to help buy a house and missed it dearly, so I grabbed a .40 here finally. Now opportunity knocks with my AR situation. Well see what happens.

Didnt mean any disrespect just was wondering why you were placing the value on it so high. Didnt realize they were going for that much. Good luck on your hunt for one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Prob not looking to get rid of it, but isnt a trade for a bushmaster a little lopsided on ur end blksheep? They r only $400 guns max (sub2k).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

They used to be sub $400 guns. There's one on gunbroker with 10 bids over $700. I think I paid about $325 for mine in .40 S&W about 2 years ago. Gunbroker prices are getting kind of ridiculous though.

once you get one, you realize why they aren't the bee'z knee'z. crappy finish, questionable reliability, no bolt-hold open, not ambi friendly and kindy cheezy.

But, people seem to love them and I guess that's all that matters.

Ray, you have to think about what they are designed for, and that is compactness and putting accurate lead on target at up to 100yds (although that's pushing it IMO). It is not a defensive fighting type gun that has every nice feature available, with a nice finish, and whatever else. It's a simple design that folds...

They friggin fold in half! Not many guns do that, AND not only do they fold, but the size of them folded is so small. If they didn't fold, I am positive they wouldn't be selling as much as they do. I think demand would still be high, just not as high.

I'm on the KTOG forums and only once in a blue moon do you hear reliability issues.

It's easy to pick apart a gun, but it definitely seems to fit the bill for a small, compact, folding, easy to shoot 9mm carbine.

once you get one, you realize why they aren't the bee'z knee'z. crappy finish, questionable reliability, no bolt-hold open, not ambi friendly and kindy cheezy.

But, people seem to love them and I guess that's all that matters.

wrong.. finish isnt crappy, its reliable and 40cal version has a bolt-hold

i LOVE my Keltec

Ray, you have to think about what they are designed for, and that is compactness and putting accurate lead on target at up to 100yds (although that's pushing it IMO). It is not a defensive fighting type gun that has every nice feature available, with a nice finish, and whatever else. It's a simple design that folds...

They friggin fold in half! Not many guns do that, AND not only do they fold, but the size of them folded is so small. If they didn't fold, I am positive they wouldn't be selling as much as they do. I think demand would still be high, just not as high.

I'm on the KTOG forums and only once in a blue moon do you hear reliability issues.

It's easy to pick apart a gun, but it definitely seems to fit the bill for a small, compact, folding, easy to shoot 9mm carbine.

I have the glock 22 .40 S&W mag version. This gun has been 100% reliable. It's an awesome home defense or plinking rifle. I've shot the 9mm & .40 version, but prefer the .40 version. The 9mm version I shot was intermittently stove-piping. I've read that some 9mm versions cycle better with heavier bullets, but I have no personal experience with that. Maybe the 9mm version I shot needed lube or service? I'm not sure - wasn't my gun. The gun is small, light, and can be wheeled around quite easily. Perfect for in the home. I can see why this has become a popular gun.