Scott204

**** PICS ADDED*****The wife bought me a guided hunt successful hunt it was!!!!!

As the title states my wife bought me a guided hog hunt at central Florida outfitters. Anyone ever use them or ever hunt hogs in Florida? Just wondering what to expect. Plan on using a glock 20 or Dan wesson .357 for the hunt.

****Update. Ok so here were the results of my trip. It was great and would use the guide again. www.bigboarhunts.com. He was 10 min from my dads house so it made it easy. I unfortunetly did not use a pistol like I had planned because I did not practice enough before trip to take an ethical shot. So I used a Browning A-Bolt in .308 which was the perfect medicine both dropped with one shot each. The cost was not bad at all $200 per person which included the guide, them carting the hog out of the woods, skinning and quartering. We tipped the skinner an additional $75 and he deboned and did a full butcher job for us on both hogs.

IMAG0192_zps964d5ddb.jpg

IMAG0184_zpsfadeab85.jpg

Thats a great present i love to hunt hogs in flordia. I try to go down once a year and hunt in jupiter on a beef farm that is loaded with pigs. even better you have a guide because all the pigs i have killed are full of lice and i always get the creeps thinking that i will get some lice from them while i am dressing and skinning them

How did I miss this thread?

You have a great wife. Please keep us updated. I'm planning on doing a hog hunt soon. I was questioning FL or TX. I'd like to hear your impressions after you return.

Thanks

What's the cost to go on one of these trips?

It's all over the map. I'm looking at $250 a day with a morning and an evening hunt, no meals, not fenced. There are some cheaper, and some that offer a guarantee on hogs - those are typically going to be fenced or canned hunts.

Elk is anywhere from $6500 to 10k for "the hunt" which I assume (but haven't done the research yet) that they're about a week long.

Gator is about $1500 per day.

There's a smorgasbord of outfitters on the net - problem is that you really don't know what you're getting until you're there unless you know someone who already went.

Got it Dan, Thanks for the info. I'm looking at going to check some out and the guy who is the guide on many of them all over the world, or he is at least on many of them, and just knowing what hes like as a fun person to hang out with, I'd have a great time no matter what.

Dan, do me a favor, just click that Hunting Trip link in my sig and let me know how those prices look, are they high or just average. Keep in mind, I know nothing about hunting trips, especially guided ones with food and lodging.

Thanks for the info Dan, Still trying to get them to put on another Dove Hunt to Argentina, I think there will be more, especially the way the company is going, I figure we are now a co sponsor of a NASCAR car this year, that should get the attention of the southern boys and they like to hunt, so I see a bunch more hunters coming in to the the company and they do seem to listen when we suggest new vacation packages we would like to see put together.

Well i just finished my hunt. Was a huge success i shot a boar about 160lbs. My dad shot a real nice sow about 130lbs. The guide was great i will post pictures when i get home.

Nice! you guys took some great meat hogs. Not to small so you get a good amount of meat and not to big. It has been my experence that the large hogs meat is not as good tasteing as the size you got. What did you take them with?