Combat Auto

Poll: If you have contacted Politicians about Feinstein Ban - please post here.

I hope I am not breaking any Foroum rules (and the Administrator is welcome to shut this post off If I am.

But,

I think it would be interesting to see over next 2 weeks or so who has contacted their Politicians (e-mail/snail-mail/calls) urging them to vote against the Feinstein Gun/Amo Ban.

If you have, please post a "Yes" or whatever to this thread...If you have not, please do NOT post...This way we can look at the # of respondents to see very easily how passionet this forum really is about the Lib's comming after our rights...

There was so much passionet discussion on the NJ-Forums since the sad attrocity in CT...I think it will be instructive to all of us to see how much of the passion translates into action by our community.

So her is mine: "Yes" - I e-mailed every one of my Elected officials up to Obama both in the Federal and NJ chain of command. (The NRA links I posted on other threads make it easy - see below)

Contact your members of Congress at 202-224-3121 to urge them to oppose Sen. Feinstein’s 2013 gun and magazine ban. Our elected representatives in Congress must here from you if we are going to defeat this gun ban proposal. You can write your Representatives and Senators by using our Write Your Representatives tool here: http://www.nramedia.org/t/972116/67869130/10093/0/

I called Feinstein and left a message. I said I fully supported her efforts even though I own Assault Weapons myself. I've finally come to my senses. And I would be willing to provide entry for a press event in my front yard so she can show up, knock on my door, and have me voluntarily turn them over to her, live on CSPAN.

I'm assuming none of you are planning to ever meet with your reps. That would be silly, with the, you know, they have local offices near your house in NJ, and they are busy, and you are busy, and all that. So, I know this only sounds a little less crazy, but ever think of picking up your phone and talking to them?

Probably a dumb idea, sorry. Send email. Or maybe tweet. Or complain on a gun board.

Yup, emailed the chain, this was my letter.

to President Obama, Senators, & Congress,

I am just one of the 80,000,000 ++ legal and responsible Firearm owners in this country. Your desire to strip me of my constituional right to bear arms is unconstitutional. Instead of using scare tactics to misinform the people, How about we try using education and work on our mental health system. Instead, you wish to strip me of my rights.

I oppose the proposed bill being presented by Diane Feinstein, And I will fight for my rights as an American Citizen. The tragedy of Newton is horrible, and my heart goes out to all that have been touched. But no law that youintend to pass, would have prevented this individual from perfming this heinious act. It is not the gun who committed this act, it is the person. And because of that, you intend to strip me of my rights???

It is obvious that Senator Feinstein has been working this bill up for years, just waiting for the right tragedy, so she can try to push this through. Clearly, it her intention as well as many others to strip me of my rights. I will not stand for this. And as my elected officials to represent the people, not the self serving opinion of a few. I demand that this bill be dead on arrival.

Mr. Obama, you have elected to have a commission to review the facts and circumstances, and to have a national dialogue. Well, then that is what I expect. You wish to have a conversation, then lets have a conversation, and review the existing laws. But to take a law crafted by a few individuals, and attempt to cram it down my throat will not be tolerated.

I'm assuming none of you are planning to ever meet with your reps. That would be silly, with the, you know, they have local offices near your house in NJ, and they are busy, and you are busy, and all that. So, I know this only sounds a little less crazy, but ever think of picking up your phone and talking to them?

Probably a dumb idea, sorry. Send email. Or maybe tweet. Or complain on a gun board.

I call Chris Smith somewhat regularly, but he is never available to get on the phone. or so I'm told.

I called Barack we had some lunch, played b-ball, then we talked serious. He said there are more important things on his plate right now then gun control. And told me not to worry.

I call Chris Smith somewhat regularly, but he is never available to get on the phone. or so I'm told.

That's not exactly the end of the world. Staffers keep track of constituents and opinions for the reps. And the reps listen.

But you should at least demand a response if you haven't received any after so many contacts.

Furrther, I notice his home office is 15 minutes away from you:

Hamilton District Office

1540 Kuser Rd Suite A-9

Hamilton, NJ 08619

p 609-585-7878

f 609-585-9155

I think you should go see him and ask for an update since all your contacts have not received an official response.

See?

Your reps always have offices local to you. I would suggest visiting some when your reps are there and maybe protesting some others down to the ground.

Here's a thought too, why not start an email campaign to all of the media outlets? Each and every television and radio station has a tips email address. Newspapers do as well. All reporters have Facebook accounts.

If enough people write they can perhaps see that there is another voice in all this.

That's not exactly the end of the world. Staffers keep track of constituents and opinions for the reps. And the reps listen.

But you should at least demand a response if you haven't received any after so many contacts.

Furrther, I notice his home office is 15 minutes away from you:

Hamilton District Office

1540 Kuser Rd Suite A-9

Hamilton, NJ 08619

p 609-585-7878

f 609-585-9155

I think you should go see him and ask for an update since all your contacts have not received an official response.

See?

Your reps always have offices local to you. I would suggest visiting some when your reps are there and maybe protesting some others down to the ground.

Thanks Ed. I actually have on occasion received a phone call from a staffer in his office after looking into my concerns. I hear you about going to his office, but again, I'm always told he isn't in. I think he is one of those dirtbags that really live in VA and just keep an apartment in their home state to meet residency requirements.

I mailed letters too, but to the district offices of Lautenmummy and the Sex Fiend. Also Chris Smith. Will probably call them after new year, then do email. When a bill actually get submitted, will do it all again

same hear.