Sign in to follow this  
gunguy1960

NICS volume

Was to TIPS store today, dec 29, of course semis cleaned out save for one lonely sks, people filing out paperwork told to expect waiting days for call backs, then a check on the internet finds so many places cleaned out, budsguns, even high end m1A springfields, all gone, so Im thinking something else going on, this is across the board panic, with ar and such dried up, shouldnt the backround wait dry up as well? I think handguns are going to dry up as well, its not a good sign of the times as far as faith in this current administration.

I was at Shore Shot today and all those fancy 22's are gone off the back wall. I think there is a Garand or to hanging up, that's it.

There is still a full inventory of handguns there. I was eying the new Springfield XDS .45 but my bank account is hurting from doing my part to push Izhmash out of bankruptcy

I reckon all the new gun folk are waiting on their P2P's so there will be a handgun rush in a month or so when those permits start hitting the streets.

Hopefully I'm good to go before that happens!

I bought a Beretta 92FS at Shore Shot on Wednesday, Dec 26. They put my NICS in that day (I don't know if it was a phone in or a fax), and I got the call to come pick it up on Saturday morning. So it took almost 3 days to get through NICS.

I'm waiting since the 21st of Dec. Dicks Sporting Goods doesn't have a fax machine. I repeat: they do NOT have a fax machine. Cause you know fax machines and fax lines are millions of dollars to run and operate and require extensive training to use.

I'm waiting since the 21st of Dec. Dicks Sporting Goods doesn't have a fax machine. I repeat: they do NOT have a fax machine. Cause you know fax machines and fax lines are millions of dollars to run and operate and require extensive training to use.

Well how the heck are they going to contact Nics since the phones are shut off and they are only taking faxes. I would ask for a refund. I will never give Dick's Sporting Goods business again. They just don't want customers...at least gun customers.

Well how the heck are they going to contact Nics since the phones are shut off and they are only taking faxes. I would ask for a refund. I will never give Dick's Sporting Goods business again. They just don't want customers...at least gun customers.

Accorfing to the guy on the phone he said they call and are getting 5 done a day. Pretty lame.

Accorfing to the guy on the phone he said they call and are getting 5 done a day. Pretty lame.

Once again I think they are feeding you a line. Nics has not had their phones turned on since about the 17th of last month. I really doubt they are getting through. Believe me I know...Things should be improving soon though.

BTW. NICS just went a 800 number and will charge the dealer's credit card instead of the phone bill. They are still not accepting phone calls.

Sent from my DROID4

Yup, they also claim that they will have more help with running checks and things should get better. We shall see. Sucks that dealers are going to have to pay credit card interest on Nics checks. For some shops this could be $1500-2000 charged to their CC.

Better pay those bills on time.

Maybe someone can clarify whats going on with my NICS check:

1) Firearm received at FFL on Sat. Dec. 29

2) Monday Dec. 31 I get a call from FFL. NICS called back to verify info. According to my FFL, NICs transcribed the info wrong or read it improperly on the fax.

3) Wed. Jan 2, called FFL, no response.

They didn't say I was "delayed" or anything. This a normal turnaround given the holiday?