beaniam

Guns and Roses in Toms river?

Saw the open sign lit last night so i stopped in. They are still in the process of setting up the store, but Joe took the time to talk to me and offer a noob some advice - seems like a good guy. Look forward to seeing the store setup. 

Sounds like Bubbakoo or chinese buffet for dinner this week!

My wife is not a fan of Bubbakoo's?  She drags me to Brick or Point for Surf Taco!  She likes their shrimp buritto. She does like the buffet though.  Going to have to swing by G&R on one of my many trips out that was sans her :keeporder:

My wife is not a fan of Bubbakoo's?  She drags me to Brick or Point for Surf Taco!  She likes their shrimp buritto. She does like the buffet though.  Going to have to swing by G&R on one of my many trips out that was sans her :keeporder:

I HATE surf Tao!  I dunno their salsa is gross to me. Bubbakoo I get a bowl with double steak (their steak is awesome) damn it my wife is cooking seafoo tonight but I want Bubbakoo now!!

Stopped by on my way back from meeting another forum member in that area.  Shop is open for regular business hours but it looks like they are still setting everything up.  Very nice people, will stop back again after they get everything set up.  $35+NICS for transfers for anyone wondering.  

Drove past today, it isn't actually in the buffet parking lot, its in the pawn shop lot before the subaru dealership about a block or two before the buffet.  on my way home I saw the big sign red on white but couldn't make out the website, but there was one on the sign.  Anyone know or have a link to their site?

Went there this past weekend. He's on the corner of Industrial Way S and Route 37. Website is www.guns-n-roses.com Joe (the owner) is a gentleman. I met him and his wife for the first time... Both were very nice and helpful. Got some ammo at a great price. I would suggest it for sure!

Went there this past weekend. He's on the corner of Industrial Way S and Route 37. Website is www.guns-n-roses.com Joe (the owner) is a gentleman. I met him and his wife for the first time... Both were very nice and helpful. Got some ammo at a great price. I would suggest it for sure!

Did you happen to see the price and if they had any .38 special wad cutters or target ammo ? Same for 9mm?

What are their store hours?

Did you happen to see the price and if they had any .38 special wad cutters or target ammo ? Same for 9mm?

What are their store hours?

Not sure about wad cutters. They def had various target practice ammo. I went in looking for .40 cal ammo, which they had 180 grain and 155 grain. $25 for a 50 round box.

"Store Hours: TUESDAY thru FRIDAY 1PM-7PM SATURDAY - 11- 5 PM CLOSED - SUNDAY AND MONDAY" - Straight from their website.

How is his selection on firearms?

Not too much when I was there. I'd say ~20 handguns in 2 glass cases. All varied calibers and companies. I think it's pretty much a good place to do transfers and buy some ammo. As others have said though, it seemed like they were still not fully stocked/set up. Maybe eventually they will have more but it is a very small shop... Joe and his wife seemed to be very good people. I'd go back again. Especially since I'm only a few mins from there!

Not too much when I was there. I'd say ~20 handguns in 2 glass cases. All varied calibers and companies. I think it's pretty much a good place to do transfers and buy some ammo. As others have said though, it seemed like they were still not fully stocked/set up. Maybe eventually they will have more but it is a very small shop... Joe and his wife seemed to be very good people. I'd go back again. Especially since I'm only a few mins from there!

I decided to take a ride and see the new store ( saw him on water st. ) as you said it is a small place but he was busy. Lots of people in and out. I give him time to see the store grow. He did have a good amount of ammo. I'm gonna keep an eye on them. It's good to have

Another gun shop in the area.

im browsing his website and I am just curious about this section......

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumers/subsites/featured_items.asp?ID=1088&table=dealer_prices

NVM i just realized it is a host website nationwide and the ad specifically says banned in certain states and lists them... lol

I stopped in there a few weeks ago while in the area. It's a small shop with limited selection but very friendly. Someone (forgot her name) asked if she could help as soon as I walked in the door and chatted for a couple minutes.

It was kind of depressing to see all the junk "Sandy ammo" in the boxes by the door. What a waste!

They don't give prices over the phone apparently. Give me a reason to drive an hour down there and give them my business then....

Personally, I refuse to do business with ANY business that won't give you prices over the phone. There's some scrap yards that try to play that game. To me, it tells me their prices are too low, they know it, and hope you'll just say "screw it, I'm already here", and sell to them anyway. It reeks of dishonesty to me.

Sure, I understand that there can be variables, and in some situations it is impossible to give a firm price on something, bu it would be a rare case where it would unfair to expect them to give some sort of idea.

If you're talking about a retail store, such as gun shop, then there should be no excuse for refusing to tell people what your retail, on the shelf price is. Custom work? Yeah, sure I can see that being a "We need to see it" kind of thing, but not new retail items.

Call 'em back, and ask again. If they refuse, TELL THEM they are losing any chance of gaining your business.  Let them know that it gives the appearance of being "shady". Maybe if they hear it from enough people, they'll realize its a policy that is bad for business.

-Note: I'm not "bad mouthing" any particular place/people. I have never met the owners, or ever tried to do business with this place. I'm just discussing my general,personal policy which I apply to any business I may seek to patronize.

Personally, I refuse to do business with ANY business that won't give you prices over the phone. There's some scrap yards that try to play that game. To me, it tells me their prices are too low, they know it, and hope you'll just say "screw it, I'm already here", and sell to them anyway. It reeks of dishonesty to me.

Sure, I understand that there can be variables, and in some situations it is impossible to give a firm price on something, bu it would be a rare case where it would unfair to expect them to give some sort of idea.

If you're talking about a retail store, such as gun shop, then there should be no excuse for refusing to tell people what your retail, on the shelf price is. Custom work? Yeah, sure I can see that being a "We need to see it" kind of thing, but not new retail items.

Call 'em back, and ask again. If they refuse, TELL THEM they are losing any chance of gaining your business.  Let them know that it gives the appearance of being "shady". Maybe if they hear it from enough people, they'll realize its a policy that is bad for business.

-Note: I'm not "bad mouthing" any particular place/people. I have never met the owners, or ever tried to do business with this place. I'm just discussing my general,personal policy which I apply to any business I may seek to patronize.

Agreed. Thats all I will say about G&R.