Purple Patrick

Tattoo thread

Starting my half sleeve. Front side pic. Done by Danny Mack at Pure Ink

Nice work! I like the design of that one!!  I generally stay away from those because so mant of them look like.... uhh.. male organs... I like that yours doesnt in any way and almost has a more japanese style to it.. cool

Nice work! I like the design of that one!! I generally stay away from those because so mant of them look like.... uhh.. male organs... I like that yours doesnt in any way and almost has a more japanese style to it.. cool

i was going.for a more traditional japanese art. Didnt want a modern cockfish oj my arm. Everything was to be simple and old school. Bold different colors for the fish so it stands out with softer tones for the flowers and backround. I pretty much gave Danny artistic liberty since i am not artistic. He asked me some questions and came up with a great design and color scheme. I will be going for sitting 3 in a couple weeks.

Yea i hate the cockfish look HATE HATE HATE it.... yours is NOTHING like that and thats why I like it so much.  great meaning and awesome art!! I am piecing together a few but would LOVE to go to an artist, give him a slight idea what I want and let him have artistic freedom on like an entire arm or leg piece... I think it would be awesome to see a tattoo that you didn't have to nit pick about and just enjoy the art... but i doubt that Ill ever do it hahha

Yea i hate the cockfish look HATE HATE HATE it.... yours is NOTHING like that and thats why I like it so much. great meaning and awesome art!! I am piecing together a few but would LOVE to go to an artist, give him a slight idea what I want and let him have artistic freedom on like an entire arm or leg piece... I think it would be awesome to see a tattoo that you didn't have to nit pick about and just enjoy the art... but i doubt that Ill ever do it hahha

the inside of the arm will have some japanese water lily's. My daughters name is lilyana so one will have her initials and birthday in there. Gives it a little more meaning

Looking good Joe.... When is next appt.?

Icarry... That is mofo awesome!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Tres Puntos

As far as I can tell, our gangs in prison use it in their eye or there on the hand to signify " Mi Vida Loca" or my crazy life... that they dont care about authority or rules and things of that nature... mostly latino and asian gangs.... but thats in prison so im guessing JHT is jail house tat again...

Yup, JHT = Jail House Tat.

That particular Tat is called a "Tres Puntos" in Latin circles. It is a common Latino gang symbol with many different meanings. "my Crazy Life" or "Mi Vida Loco" is the most common answer given when asked. I have also hear that the three dots represent 3 Sureño gang members together, and that only senior gang members are permitted to wear the three dots together. Typically on the web of the hand between the thumb and first finger. I have also heard it represent the number 13 in some old Mexican language - Toltec, Aztec, Incan, or something. The letter 13 bein "M" for Mexican Mafia.

There are also German and Turkish prison tats with the three dots arranged that way signifying "I don't hear, see, or tell anything."

I have heard the three dots represent an "A"for Anarchy and that it means "Death To Cops" or "I hate Cops" in some European cultures.