Combat Auto

Ben Shapiro Kicks Pear Morgans But just now

Ben spanked Morgan with logic and common scence on Gun control topic...He has a new book "Bullies" and believes the time to be civil with the left is long over...Gentlemen finish last - look at Romni...When you have nasty appoinints the only way to win is to get nasty also.

First time I was aware of this Kid - we need more like him!

http://benjaminshapiro.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Bullies-Culture-Intimidation-Silences-Americans/dp/1476709998/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357872394&sr=8-1&keywords=bullies

I didn't agree with everything he said, but overall, he did pretty good. Of course d0uchebag Morgan tried to make him out to be a government fearing/conspiracy nutjob like Alex Jones.. but the kid held his own for the most part.

For those who are wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY97rBmXiSo

Spot on with the bullying. That is exactly what that douche-bag and hypocrite did (tried to) again. Also spot on about him using dead kids at Sandy Hook as a pedestal to boost his position. Notice he immediately went after the only 4 incidents he knows that used an "assault weapon" and ignored the thousands of other deaths? Weird right?

No, not really weird. I'm being sarcastic.

Oh, and the "how dare you" line gets old. The only thing one can say when their only position is playing solely off of emotion.

Good job Ben.

Hindsight here, wish he could have brought up the Patriot Act/Warrantless Wiretapping and interception of email/Rise of "No-Knock" warrants served by heavily armed police as examples of current day trends towards tyranny.

Edit - wish he wouldn't have bought in to the term "Assault Weapon" though.

That guys pretty good debater

He is an excellent debater. I like how he backed him into the corner of, "if you really want to save kids why don't you ban all guns including hanguns" and got him to say "I don't want ban hanguns because I believe people should have the right to defend themselves". From there it is checkmate. If you agree people have the right to defend themselves with hanguns there is really no reason to deny the use of semi-auto rifles as they account for a statistically insignificant proportion of homocides.

Had Morgan gone with ban handguns and all guns Shapiro would gave elaborated that that is an argument but not a strong one because of a number of democracIes which have gone tyrannical in the last 100 years (including the one that turned his grandparents into dust) which proves why the founding fathers included it.

Good debater indeed.

When is Morgan going to realize he shouldn't enter a battle of wits without any ammunition? Of course I hope he continues.

What's sad is how many people watching heard Shapiro talk about democracies going tyranical in the worlds history and the people thinking "whatever, that's total bs" More useful history lessons in schools would be a good step forward...

Yes, but people can certainly identify with the halocaust which he elluded to with his grandparents. I thought that was something most people could understand.

When is Morgan going to realize he shouldn't enter a battle of wits without any ammunition?

He doesn't need wits - he caters to an audience that is more ignorant than him. Look at the comments on this page

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/10/tonight-piers-morgan-continues-guns-in-america-discussion-will-welcome-with-ben-shapiro/

I got thru about 10 comments before my blood pressure shot thru the roof... :fool:

I'm not clicking on links to that d-bag's site. I don't want him to get the traffic.

Watching PM on youtube, I wonder if he's ever won an intelligent debate in his life? Watching him argue with Shapiro or Ventura is like watching the 'battle of wits" from The Princess Bride.

his comment about his grandparents left morgan having to take a quick left, he had no response for that.

Actually, for those reading the forums here that have parents that are recent immigrants, world and regional war is the norm. My co-worker's grandparents ran from the Russian purges in Latvia, my own parents were oppressed by the Japanese (and some of their cousins executed; for, well, being farmers, for god's sake.) Plenty of slaughter in the 20th century for disarmed serfs who did not have our 2nd Amendment.

I just bought Ben Shapiro's book (kindle) to support him, since we need sharp "right" writers/pundits in the news.

Yes, but people can certainly identify with the halocaust which he elluded to with his grandparents. I thought that was something most people could understand.

I bet you could say to a young person on the street "So, wasn't Pol Pot a great guy?" You'd get a blank stare. Same goes for Mao or Stalin (Hitler will live forever in the memesphere though.) The level of history education is appalling today.

I just thought of some recent massacres, Hutu vs Tutsi, Bosnia vs Serb, etc... Totally off-topic, but if you want to read about SHTF in Africa, read "Out of America". American-american journalist spends 3 yrs in Africa, comes back to the U.S. to kiss the ground and thank god he was born here! Grisly details of hutu vs tutsi... pretty much with "assault machetes."

People should know that the "esteemed" Mr Morgan was fired from his position as Editor of the Daily Mirror newspaper in the UK for publishing photographs fabricated to show UK troops abusing detainees in Iraq. Hw is also suspected of unauthorised phone tapping.

Go CNN!!!

http://www.infowars.com/was-piers-morgan-involved-in-criminal-hacking-and-fraudulent-journalism/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3716151.stm

Edit - wish he wouldn't have bought in to the term "Assault Weapon" though.

I have a feeling he was picking battles. By using the term he prevented a useless debate over what is and isn't an 'assault' weapon/rifle as that really is just semantics and most people wouldn't understand. This allowed him the opportunity to make the other points he made. He knows Piers Moron well.

Actually, for those reading the forums here that have parents that are recent immigrants, world and regional war is the norm. My co-worker's grandparents ran from the Russian purges in Latvia, my own parents were oppressed by the Japanese (and some of their cousins executed; for, well, being farmers, for god's sake.) Plenty of slaughter in the 20th century for disarmed serfs who did not have our 2nd Amendment.

I just bought Ben Shapiro's book (kindle) to support him, since we need sharp "right" writers/pundits in the news.

+10! The liberals mine is so atropied from left wing dogma that they can't connect the dots...Totolatarinism is a diesease of government which must always be watched for...History is riddles with examples of tyrants taking away guns from good people to gain more actrol leading to represion...And of course it can happen here...One may argue we are at a tipping point now.

The only improvement I would have made - and no complaints this Kid is my new Supehero - I just purchased his new book "Bullies" too: When Morgan was getting him to say the common link btwn the last 4 or so mass shootings is an assault rifle, Ben should have said: "You are focusing on the wrong parameter; the common thread of the last several mass shootings is a crazy person. What are you going to do to get mentally ill people off the streets?"

I thing he did a very good job getting the point across. I still have a problem as many do, the moniker Assault Rifle. It's not like they shoot a different projectile, or are something so far advanced from another semi auto rifle, heck take my Marlin 795 that's not an assault rifle, change a few things on it to make it look different and it automatically could become what they want to call an assault rifle. Would function the same, would shoot the same bullet, but just because it looks a certain way, it's now a killing machine as they like to put it. I know extreme example, but really..

, Ben should have said: "You are focusing on the wrong parameter; the common thread of the last several mass shootings is a crazy person. What are you going to do to get mentally ill people off the streets?"

Yup, if a crazy person wants to do something, doesn't matter if they have a gun, a knife, a hammer, a stick, or anything else, they are going to do it, but it's just so much easier for people to blame the tool vs. the real problem..

Screw all this banter about laws, rights, morgan-type-twitts, anti gunners...etc. I'm sick of it all. [Tin Foil Hats On] I'm beginning to think it's not -just- about assault weapons at all. I believe our govt. is really worried about what the 2nd really means. Maybe they are on the brink of instituting -something- that will set American's off their rockers and we will rebel against them. So they disarm us of anything equal or similar to what their forces would use on us without taking away all our rights. Blah... [Tin Foil Hats Off]

So, I want to know when are they going to put in the mainstream, a more in depth look at how criminals get them. How about talking cross-boarder entries with weapons, how about our own govt. doing shiet like F&F... nobody brings this up which is how crime will stop. Target the illegal use of illegal weapons obtained outside the honest civilian. I don't care how much you limit assault style weapons. If there are any guns in this country that perform illegal acts, it's not guns that you or I own!

Lanza's mother screwed up. Plain and simple. She should have had her guns locked up. Whether or not the kid was mental or not, she left them accessible to a kid that had no right to touch them. She has not been targeted because she is dead. Would this whole charade be different if she were still alive? Would they hang her from the cross and would this whole diatribe about gun laws even be mentioned?