Cemeterys Gun Blob

In CT: Single Shot only bill introduced

geez louise........gun haters are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks......

General Assembly

Proposed Bill No. 122

January Session, 2013

LCO No. 543

Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY

Introduced by: SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Statement of Purpose: To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/connecticut-bill-122-restrict-all-guns-to-a-single-shot/

I am at the Edison outdoor show in my booth yesterday and had more them one Fudd tell me it was me and my black rifle buddies that are causing them problems now. It will be some year 2013.

Are you kidding me?! At a HUNTING and Fishing show people blame you, the gun safety instructor ? They do not deserve to own any guns, IMO.

I am at the Edison outdoor show in my booth yesterday and had more them one Fudd tell me it was me and my black rifle buddies that are causing them problems now. It will be some year 2013.

I would've told him to go pound sand.......it's FUDD's like him who got NJ where it is to begin with....FUDD's are the ones who got behind and supported the SILLS Act of 1966.....

Ant, educate the uneducated man as I know you will.

I know this is known by all of us here, but just in case some of the new folks around didn't.

Here is something to understand, doesn't matter if it's one group, let's say hunter for now being we all know people who hunt. They will say, so what, I use a shotgun, loosing the right to have an assault style rife doesn't effect me why should I care.

Remember folks, point out to them, these are steps, whats being proposed might not be on the table, but as each RIGHT that we loose another one is put on the table and it's only a matter of time till what they care about is the hot topic.

We may have separate disciplines in the shooting community, but we are all in this together, make sure everyone is aware of that..

Gents, I respectfully propose that this is not the time to divest ourselves amongst fellow gun owners. This needs solidarity to have any ground, and it's rare to find a hunter that only owns a single shot rifle! Instead of dismissing or being snarky back, strike up a conversation and win them over! 9/10 times it's easily done. Tensions are high now, let them be focused toward having our government understand by the people, for the people instead of amongst our fellow firearm enthusiasts.

Are you kidding me?! At a HUNTING and Fishing show people blame you, the gun safety instructor ? They do not deserve to own any guns, IMO.

I would've told him to go pound sand.......it's FUDD's like him who got NJ where it is to begin with....FUDD's are the ones who got behind and supported the SILLS Act of 1966.....

See post 7, I'd bet that may be a better way respond to them in my eyes..

Gents, I respectfully propose that this is not the time to divest ourselves amongst fellow gun owners. This needs solidarity to have any ground, and it's rare to find a hunter that only owns a single shot rifle! Instead of dismissing or being snarky back, strike up a conversation and win them over! 9/10 times it's easily done. Tensions are high now, let them be focused toward having our government understand by the people, for the people instead of amongst our fellow firearm enthusiasts.

+1, Id +more but Frank says that's Man Love.. ;)

Ant, educate the uneducated man as I know you will. I know this is known by all of us here, but just in case some of the new folks around didn't. Here is something to understand, doesn't matter if it's one group, let's say hunter for now being we all know people who hunt. They will say, so what, I use a shotgun, loosing the right to have an assault style rife doesn't effect me why should I care. Remember folks, point out to them, these are steps, whats being proposed might not be on the table, but as each RIGHT that we loose another one is put on the table and it's only a matter of time till what they care about is the hot topic. We may have separate disciplines in the shooting community, but we are all in this together, make sure everyone is aware of that..

This CT bill is a perfect example of that.. It's not going after "Ass***"' weapons. It's going after any firearm that holds more than one round.. shotguns, revolvers, "hunting rifles". The mental line between an AR-type weapon and 'hunting' rifles is miniscule compared to hunting rifles and what the Anti's want available.

Note: I wouldn't be surprised to see a bill that bans Ammo where "The projectile and propellant are in the same container".. Why can't you keep them separate, they say, to make them safe for the kids, they say..

This CT bill is a perfect example of that.. It's not going after "Ass***"' weapons. It's going after any firearm that holds more than one round.. shotguns, revolvers, "hunting rifles". The mental line between an AR-type weapon and 'hunting' rifles is miniscule compared to hunting rifles and what the Anti's want available.

Note: I wouldn't be surprised to see a bill that bans Ammo where "The projectile and propellant are in the same container".. Why can't you keep them separate, they say, to make them safe for the kids, they say..

Really, I know, in there eyes that would make perfect sense.

In my eyes and all of us, whats safe for my child, my wife and myself in my life is the ability to defend my self, but we already know that..

I disagree. We need to tell the fudds to keep their fisking mouths shut. The moment they open their yaps, we're worse off for it. They're all quite willing to legislate away anything that doesn't affect their hunting or sporting games. I've got an idea how about we limit all shotgun or multi-pellet type rounds to .410 gage or smaller and include that as a "compromise" in any gun legislation that comes down the pipe. Make the damn fudds have some skin in the game.

I disagree. We need to tell the fudds to keep their fisking mouths shut.

Exactly!!!

I think it was Ray Ray who said something along the lines of 'they either stand with us, or it's time for them to jump ship'. Screw the Fudd's there has been enough 'compromise' since 1930........

Remind them that General McChrystal just went on national TV and said that "weapons of war" - referring to semi-automatic ARs! -- should not be in civilian hands. And then remind them that pump shotguns have been used extensively in war since the trench guns of WWI and that pump shotguns are banned in the UK and Australia. Guess what's next after "black rifles".

My guns only fire a single shot at a time, so I guess im ok.

Fire, yes. But contain?

(2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round,

This is the best one though:

(3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or

That's pretty open ended.. Multiple rounds per what? Per trigger pull? Per second? Ever? This could easily be interpreted that the only legal firearm is one that destroys itself after a single round is fired.

First, they came for the machine guns, but I didn't speak out because I was not a machine gun.

Then they came for the semi-automatic rifles, but I didn't speak out because I was not a semi-automatic rifle.

Then they came for the handguns, but I didn't speak out because I was not a handgun.

Then they came for the bolt-action rifles and pump shotguns, but I didn't speak out because I was neither.

Then they came for me. And there was no one left to speak out for me.

Elmer Fudd's will ask, 'why do you need more than one shot anyway?'

oh no they wont...THIS will get the fudds out en masse........NOW something directly affects the Hunters trap, and Skeet shooters as well as the rest of the "Great Unwashed" Gun Owners.

Should've told them that was the stupidest thing you've ever heard. Then educated them.

oh no they wont...THIS will get the fudds out en masse........NOW something directly affects the Hunters trap, and Skeet shooters as well as the rest of the "Great Unwashed" Gun Owners.

We'll see......we'll have to watch CT with there 'Single Shot' bill that got introduced.

Remind them that General McChrystal just went on national TV and said that "weapons of war" - referring to semi-automatic ARs! -- should not be in civilian hands. And then remind them that pump shotguns have been used extensively in war since the trench guns of WWI and that pump shotguns are banned in the UK and Australia. Guess what's next after "black rifles".

Of course a General wants the civilian populence unarmed, it makes the country easier to conquer. I know cops that want to ban civilian ownership. People dont mind guns if they are the only people with them. No one likes a fair fight.

I have been spending all of my time trying to wake up the Fudds. I even walked a few to the NRA booth behind me and got them to finally join. Rather then fight them I have been using the Jedi mind trick and whatever else I have up my sleeve to wake them up. Not easy, not easy.

Had this same experience with 2 guys at a LGS today. 2 good old boys saying that "those AR's are used for one thing only. (implied killing) and that they can see why they should be restricted but understand why they shouldn't because a "revolution" is coming. I informed them that winning any gun argument won't be won by using that logic to people on the other side.