TheWombat

Exactly how do you debate with this type of childish behaviour?

When I saw this it just shows some of the silliness that is in the media at the moment in terms of debates. Whether anti-2A or pro-2A I can't see how anyone can say this is a mature debate?

http://youtu.be/x6FV_BPX8tA

Oh well - at least it is only 2 minutes 12 seconds long

TheWombat

There's no debating with irrationality. The very nature of a debate assumes that both parties will back their points with facts and logic in a (somewhat) respectful manner. The moment someone starts acting like they're fresh out of goddamn first grade, they pretty much lose.

One argument in favor of the map was they were concerned which house their children might go to to play with other kids, a better map for that purpose- show us all the houses with people who wouldnt qualify to buy a gun, I would worry more about them, that would be a big list indeed.

That information is probably protected under NY state law! LOL

One argument in favor of the map was they were concerned which house their children might go to to play with other kids, a better map for that purpose- show us all the houses with people who wouldnt qualify to buy a gun, I would worry more about them, that would be a big list indeed.

You aint kidding, it absolutely blows my mind the mentality of these people... " oh , listing the registrered gun owners is for OUR public saftey"....

.... you mean the people who have gone through a rigirious background check for an FID, and background checks every time they make a purchase..... and PASS this background check....

we arent the ones you should be afraid of.

It's impossible to debate with someone who refuses to accept reason.

I just ran some quick numbers of FBI murder weapon statistics 2007-2011.

Average % of murders by weapon 2007-2011

Handgun - 48.05%

Rifle - 2.72%

Shotgun - 2.97%

Knives/Other Cutting tools - 13.07%

Blunt Objects - 4.07%

Hands/Feet - 5.90%

Assuming every single rifle and every single shotgun used was an "assault weapon," you are more likely to be beaten to death than killed with an assault weapon (5.69% vs 5.90%). You are more than twice as likely to be stabbed to death than killed with any rifle or any shotgun combined (5.69% vs 13.07%, 2.3x). You are more likely to be killed with a blunt object, which are often weapons of opportunity, than any shotgun, or any rifle..

This is beyond asinine.

I love this. I'll be stealing that one.

ON ething that I just keep shaking my head over, It is so wierd to here all these anti-gun people saying "well no, I have no problem with people owning handguns, of course not."

For those of us of a certain age that is just a jaw dropping reversal of things we heard growing up.

"NANANANANANANA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, NANANANANANANANA!"

I hope someone makes a meme out of that crap. What a joke.

I always wondered why Sean keeps bringing him back then I realized his actions are priceless. What better way to highlight their ignorance and child-like behavior than to put it on full display.