fatty

New purchase... SA Range Officer 1911

Just put down a deposit on this beauty at Caso's. Felt great in my hands and the slide to frame fit was amazingly tight and felt solid.

Now if only my PD will hurry the hell up and give me my permit...

Can't wait to break her in!

post-5071-0-28811200-1358366893_thumb.jpg

post-5071-0-80599300-1358366906_thumb.jpg

Just put down a deposit on this beauty at Caso's. Felt great in my hands and the slide to frame fit was amazingly tight and felt solid.

Now if only my PD will hurry the hell up and give me my permit...

Can't wait to break her in!

post-5071-0-28811200-1358366893_thumb.jpg

post-5071-0-80599300-1358366906_thumb.jpg

Excellent choice, enjoy.

as a fellow RO owner. You will not be disappointed. The minute I held that gun I new I had to have it.

I'll bet you say that about all your guns.

Damn.. doesnt look like ill be enjoying this gun for a while... just met with the captain a few minutes ago and was told my permits wont be done for at least another month.

Apparently the PD is flooded with fid and permit applications for the first time since all this bullsh!t started.

Clintoon which 1911 are you going with? Im very partial to springfield armory... hard to beat quality with a lifetime warranty

It's not released yet, so I'm patiently waiting. I'm also very partial to this brand because of its ties to.... Sorry you just have to wait and see :)

also didn't want the full length guide rod that the 'loaded' model has from springfield. that thing looks like such a pain in the ass to disassemble for cleaning

It is, my TRP has it. Thinking of swapping it out.

BTW, some full length guide rods are easier to switch then others. The simply solid one piece ones are actually pretty easy to deal with compared with some of the two piece and a paperclip types. I don't think it matters either way, for me the most important part is how you like the weight balance. If you have a bull barrel then it is different, those are a pain.

It is, my TRP has it. Thinking of swapping it out.

Ray,

Mine started giving me a little trouble as well. Loosening up after a couple hundred rounds. I replaced it with a Wilson one piece FLGR. Works great and easy to disassemble, just use the base of a mag to push down the plug.

do you guys see any benefit to the FLGR?

Assuming a standard bushing barrel the only reason for me is balance. Adding some weight under the barrel via a FLGR can change how the gun recoils and personally I prefer that. Some people like the looks and that's fine too. There are no real negatives unless you talk to the folks that think they are going to rack the slide by pressing the plug against an object, a rather fine motor skill trick presumably pulled off while incapacitated or under fire. Some are harder to take down, but just don't buy those and you will be fine.