BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

I was just going to stay where I am for a while! Maybe put lasers on it. Lasers are great!

Wrong answer, please no lasers... 1911 is freakin accurate enough. You have no rails, so grip laser? Just don't ruin the classy look, keep it streamlined.

By the way the right answer is more 1911's hahaha.

:D

Wrong answer, please no lasers... 1911 is freakin accurate enough. You have no rails, so grip laser? Just don't ruin the classy look, keep it streamlined.

By the way the right answer is more 1911's hahaha.

:D

You should be less concerned with astetics and more conserned with LASERS! Because they're awesome. Every gun should have lasers. And vice versa

You should be less concerned with astetics and more conserned with LASERS! Because they're awesome. Every gun should have lasers. And vice versa

I'm just saying its more than accurate, so laser pointers not needed.

Lets get back to real shooting just iron sights, I don't like the easy route, its not fun.

Ruger SR1911. Now with Lasers! I got the one with the walnut finish so it looks nice. Though taking off the rosewood grips that came with it was unfortunate I still think it's still not enough. There are two more places I could add extra lasers. I want a green one too. We'll see.

post-6506-0-53184600-1366312749_thumb.jpg

My Sig 1911 Traditional Tacops (external extractor with traditional slide profile), Surefire X300 and Chip McCormick Power Mag 10rd.

Always though Sig 1911's looked like a failed abortion but this is actually kinda easy on the eyes

Time to bring back this thread...

Fantom Omen 40 S&W sub compact custom built by Fred Craig. Only one he ever made in 40S&W. This one is unfired. I used to have the same pistol in 38 super and did shoot that one. Very impressive little package.

IMG_2005.jpg

Time to bring back this thread...

Fantom Omen 40 S&W sub compact custom built by Fred Craig. Only one he ever made in 40S&W. This one is unfired. I used to have the same pistol in 38 super and did shoot that one. Very impressive little package.

IMG_2005.jpg

Wow...nice!!! That must feel like hitting your hand with a mallet when you shoot it with snappy 40's.

I see it has a widebody frame...do you have flush fitting mags for it? Capacity?

Wow...nice!!! That must feel like hitting your hand with a mallet when you shoot it with snappy 40's.

I see it has a widebody frame...do you have flush fitting mags for it? Capacity?

Yes, It came with 4 flush fit mags. I believe they hold 9 rounds each. The recoil of the 38 super was not bad at all and the gun was very accurate. The grip is shorter than a glock 26 so the grip did swim in my hands a little bit. He basically took a full size double stack Caspian frame and chopped it in half.

Like I said, this one is unfired but would expect the same performance out of this one compared to 38 super.

Thought I posted mine, but guess not. Everything looks good in gold...

Colt Govt. 45 Mk IV Series 70

post-5135-136977846446_thumb.jpg

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Thanks... Yea, pretty much. Forgot one or two pins and might give slide another coat. I think I'm running out of gold though. Here is the other side...post-5135-136978191168_thumb.jpg

bhunted, are you done with it? Btw that looks bloody gorgeous!
Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HDTypos courtesy Apple...

Very nice. I was extremely close to getting one of those last month (probably from the same guy you got yours from). Guncrafter is on my short list of 1911s to get. I just have to decide on which one to get. Thinking of the American or the Model 2.

Guncrafter Industries - Frag

i-sW5w22F-L.jpg

i-dhDC9ct-L.jpg

Very nice. I was extremely close to getting one of those last month (probably from the same guy you got yours from). Guncrafter is on my short list of 1911s to get. I just have to decide on which one to get. Thinking of the American or the Model 2.

Either one you get, you won't be disappointed with the quality and workmanship from this company.

Nice! Been waiting to see that one. Got the nice gold jewelry on that front sight too. He really mashed that rear sight deep into the slide. Is that a Bomar sight? Interesting beavertail. Looks like it was reprofiled from the ones with a bump.

Another nice one, Bullzeye!

BTW, I'm curious. How do you store all these beautiful 1911's? Do you have a secure display rack or do you put them in case and stuff them inside the safe?

I'm trying to get ideas on how to better store my handguns. Of course, none of them are as pretty as yours. :)

Right now, I have a separate safe for all my handguns cased and piled one on top of the other.

I use padded zipper pouches and stack them vertically side-by-side on a shelf. I'd prefer to have it as a centerpiece on my coffee table, but with kids running around and the possibility of it falling into the wrong hands, I don't have that luxury. Just need to huddle in front of my safe to admire them.