BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

Thanks for the compliments guys. As you may have guessed, I really like 1911s! I have been collecting them for about 10 years now. Not sure of how many I have but they are all different. Some are pretty, some are not but they all have their own character. I just have fun with it.

Today, I stopped by my gun shop and checked out my newest edition. I wont be able to pick it up for about 25 days (OGAM rule) but its a 1911 I have been searching for many years now. One of the "Holy Grail" gun collectibles that hopefully will go up in value with time. I will post pics once I can get it in my possession.

Thanks for the compliments guys. As you may have guessed, I really like 1911s! I have been collecting them for about 10 years now. Not sure of how many I have but they are all different. Some are pretty, some are not but they all have their own character. I just have fun with it.

Today, I stopped by my gun shop and checked out my newest edition. I wont be able to pick it up for about 25 days (OGAM rule) but its a 1911 I have been searching for many years now. One of the "Holy Grail" gun collectibles that hopefully will go up in value with time. I will post pics once I can get it in my possession.

OMG. I've always in life wanted an SV Infinity. I even bought an airsoft version because it was the closest I could get at the time...!

How much was that one, if you don't mind me asking? Did you custom order through SV?

OMG. I've always in life wanted an SV Infinity. I even bought an airsoft version because it was the closest I could get at the time...!

How much was that one, if you don't mind me asking? Did you custom order through SV?

PM sent

+1 to Bullzeye. Your collection alone can keep this post running for some time. You should restrict posting pics to one a month just to bump this post back to the top with new eye candy.

Thanks Tim. The collection keeps on growing since I got back into it last year. Have to take the time to take photos and post them.

My new "blank canvass". I hope to use this one to learn a bit more of the inner workings and do some customization.

Para GI Expert.

Not the best photo, but damn if this didn't have a nice trigger pull right out of the box. I wasn't expecting it.

post-5531-0-51520800-1362705689_thumb.jpg

Valtro?

Just got my first 1911! She is previously owned, but new to me. She is a Kimber Eclipse Custom II in .45 ACP along with a Kimber .22 cal conversion slide. Now my Glock is pissed and not talking to me as she assumes she won't get my full attention now that she has a sister :)

8592849469_3e3a490828_c_d.jpg

While I am a fairly new shooter, I was pleased with what I was able to do with her first day out:

8595941030_53dc84429a_d.jpg

When I showed this to a friend of mine he responded that it was very good, but now I need to move more than two feet from the target. I explained to him that this was a pistol not a rifle and that my arms were not as long as his and if I was further than two feet away I would not be able to reach out and have the muzzel in contact with the target when I pulled the trigger :)

Well.... The 9mm RIA is starting its transition....

45min with a couple of buffing wheels and compounds...

IMG_1334_zpsbfd8a87d.jpg

IMG_1336_zps953bb437.jpg

IMG_1337_zps1a5986de.jpg

I used some Mothers Mag&Aluminum Polish on my Kimber when it showed some rust on the barrel. Buffed it for about 30 minutes by hand and it looks amazing. Yours looks great too! A polished barrel really makes the gun look great.

I used some Mothers Mag&Aluminum Polish on my Kimber when it showed some rust on the barrel. Buffed it for about 30 minutes by hand and it looks amazing. Yours looks great too! A polished barrel really makes the gun look great.

I have some rust on my kimber with h the Mothers mag and aluminum polish what cloth do you use to to it by hand and how do you get all of the barrel polished

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2