TheMan

Permit renewal after expiration

As the initial responder said, it's going to be what your local PD does, if anything. The choice to extend them or not is left to the PD. I've had mine extended the same time as bringing them in. A fellow shooter the town over, it took 3 weeks. Given that they've expired 2 months ago, I doubt you will have any luck with an extension.

As everyone else says, it's up to your PD. My chief said he would sign off on the extention right up until the extension would expire (I could bring an expired one in on day 179 and he would sign it).

I would advise everyone to ask about this when you pick up your permits.

WOW thats not good. Where I live they do as long as it hasn't expired

When I first moved here all you had to do was submit a short note stating why you needed an extension and you were granted one several days later,A hassle IMO but still viable. Included in my last P2P packet was a note that the Cheif would not be granting any extentions unless you can submit either a reciept from a FFL or vendor stating a firearm was already paid for and backordered otherwise No dice.

Not sure if we have a new CLEO or the present one just got a bug up his ass.

I just had 2 permits extended 2 weeks ago. Took 3 days.

Congratulations....but had they already expired?Town? circumstances? Give us something more to work with , would you?

I did. I told you it took 3 days. Ocean twp. They has expired. I said hi. Can you have these extended. Lady says. Sure thing. Ill call you in about 3 days.

Now that wasn't so hard....was it? Thank you.

Hoboken allowed me to extend a permit that had expired by 2 days when I dropped it off. However the Chief was away and didn't get to it for another week. He signed off on it within 3 days of being back and they called me to pick it up. Date extention started was day after it actually expired though. Good luck.

Mine expired around Jan 13th or so, I brought them in on the 17th, and they were renewed on the spot. Took about 15 minutes. Went direct from my PD to the store and used one of them.

Bring em in and give it a try, you'll never know until you try.

My firearms liason Lt said no, would not re-new after the initial 90 day expiration. His logic- they expired...so they're no good anymore. I believed him because he is the front man for all the paperwork. Luckily I asked the Cleo himself on chance meeting at the A&P that night. He said no prob! Lesson learned. Btw I did cma and asked the Lt 3-4 days prior to expiration