reloaderguy

Ever wondr where all the ammo has gone. Look inside!

You know what the best way to transport something securely is? By not having security around it. Security draws attention. If we wanna get really tin foil, they would put 2-3 of these on a swift tractor trailer and drop it where ever it is "needed".

Just find the small conex boxes during SHTF and we will be all set.

Ok guys.. I love reading this stuff because it makes my org, FEMA, look like the SS of 1938! If you worked here you would realize we would have a hard time organizing a BBQ, let alone a secret military force!!!

DHS is made up of Coast Guard, CBP, ICE, USSS, FEMA, TSA and FIPS among others... of those entities 6 have shooters. Why... go look at each of their missions and then tell me where in the world it might be construed to be used on US citizens. Should we disarm CBP, most people are scremaing for them to be better armed... How about the Coast Guard.. the only armed force that does their main job EVERY DAY!

why is it ok for citizens to hoard ammo when we get it at a good price? Dont you think that with the Afghan and Iraq wars winding down, that the ammo manufacturers are dropping prices and making deals so they are not stuck with 5 billion leftover surplus rounds... they need to move product now, and cant count on us shooters to buy 200rds a month and make their business work.

why is it ok for citizens to hoard ammo when we get it at a good price? Dont you think that with the Afghan and Iraq wars winding down, that the ammo manufacturers are dropping prices and making deals so they are not stuck with 5 billion leftover surplus rounds... they need to move product now, and cant count on us shooters to buy 200rds a month and make their business work.

I'm confused by your last paragraph.

With the current political brouhaha... I'm pretty sure that now would be a good time for manufacturers to move "excess" ammo to us, but the reality is: 5.56, for example, is going for at least double what it was 6 months ago, there are reports of retailers rationing ammo, etc.

If there are so many surplus rounds that they're worried about them just sitting around, why aren't the manufacturers trying to unload them to retailers to get ammo to citizens? Or are they pulling a fast one over on all of us and just price-gouging us, and any threat of shortages, etc is just BS?

The statement that an ammo manufacturer couldn't run it's business on just civilians alone doesn't compute. 5 billion rounds shouldn't be that hard to sell to just civilians... there's an estimated 300,000,000 guns in civilian hands alone in the US. That's 15 rounds per gun. Depending on your state and weapon, that's anywhere from 3 mags (5 minutes of range time at most) to 1/4 mag (2 seconds of range time). :)

from who?

In case you need to be run over with a tank. Or in case you need one crashed into your house to shoot you and your family. I don't know, what else would you need them to come to your house with a tank for? Ask FEMA. I'm sure they have a buzzword for it. Maybe even a friendly acronym. Maybe they are FEMA F-R-E-I-N-D-S. Firepower Response Events In Non-Designated Scenarios. You know, in case there is a storm or something. Or you get uppity.

I liked this dudes comment to the article.

King commented:

1. If those containers are filled with ammunition I want to thank the Feds for such a gift. If Revolution 2 kicks off that ammo is ours. Guerrilla Warfare 101: Take the enemy’s stuff and sue it against them. Positioning it closer to us taxpayers makes it much easier for taxpayers to reclaim it.

Interesting that the .40 cal ammo was hollow point. Which as you know is forbidden in combat (war) by the Geneva Convention. So guess who they are going to use it on? :keeporder:

just sayin........

Not me. I hope it's bonded, I don't want to catch any fragments. It pisses me off.

Interesting that the .40 cal ammo was hollow point. Which as you know is forbidden in combat (war) by the Geneva Convention. So guess who they are going to use it on? :keeporder:

just sayin........

Hague, not Geneva, also not really 100% important because the US never signed it, also the military uses hollow point rifle ammo all the time, to say nothing of fragmenting and expending and explosive bullets that break the Hague agreements. http://www.thegunzone.com/hague.html

Hague, not Geneva, also not really 100% important because the US never signed it, also the military uses hollow point rifle ammo all the time, to say nothing of fragmenting and expending and explosive bullets that break the Hague agreements. http://www.thegunzone.com/hague.html

We carry both Ball and HP and the HP does not go loaded OCONUS.