BOOMSTICK

Ted Nugent Headed To State Of The Union As Guest

This should be entertaining.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," the congressman said. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/11/ted-nugent-state-of-the-union_n_2663651.html

I think "Uncle Ted" is a fringe character that alienates the center we are trying to win. His heart may be in the right place, but his delivery comes off as someone who shouldn't own guns. He provides red meat for the gun folks, at the expense of the people who don't have a strong opinion about guns.

Just my opinion.

I think "Uncle Ted" is a fringe character that alienates the center we are trying to win. His heart may be in the right place, but his delivery comes off as someone who shouldn't own guns. He provides red meat for the gun folks, at the expense of the people who don't have a strong opinion about guns.

Just my opinion.

I have to agree. While lucid and entertaining at times Uncle Ted has got some credibility issues that the Antis are only too happy to exploit. I would much rather he not speak on my behalf.

Ted Nugent is smarter, more level-headed, and less frantically insane than Wayne Lapier any day of the week.

Ted Nugent is many things, one of which is a performer. But if you sit him down for a serious discussion, you get one.

That's a fact, have a friend that has hunted with him overseas many times and he has said he's not always the showman and outspoken as we see and can reason with the best. Guess its in the spotlight and trying to prove a point game set match in one sitting that he probably comes across the way he does in public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ted Nugent is smarter, more level-headed, and less frantically insane than Wayne Lapier any day of the week.

Ted Nugent is many things, one of which is a performer. But if you sit him down for a serious discussion, you get one.

+1000

BINGO, thanks Ed

I have met Ted Nugent in person. At the range, with his TV crew there. He was very nice and larger than life kinda guy. He autographed my target (perfect score) complimented my shooting, took a couple pics together and made us a MEAN steak because he was also doing a BBQ outside in the lot.

Yes. Ted Nugent does not conduct himself in any such manner of 'passivisity', but he is passioned in his beliefs and makes me wish if we had some of those traits by gun owners in NJ. The left would scurry and run, and our "R" Governor would not be walking the knife edge of 'right vs. left'.

And really. The Foundng Fathers have spoken more controversially at various times than even Nugent.

+1.

I know that he posted this on Twitter, but given the personal Secret Service visit last year after his comments at the NRA convention, I don't see how he would possibly be admitted into the SOTU address, let alone the building in itself. I love Ted and everything he does, but this whole idea seems like a ploy... maybe he plans to make his own video of how he is treated there and denied access, etc.... I don't know... I'm intrigued though! I hope that I don't end up having to watch the actual address for hours just to see if Ted is actually there, because I have no interest in listening to Obama, and watching camera shots of Fienstein when he talks about the gun issues.

I love Ted, but sometimes I think he hurts more than helps.

I agree. I think that while he's a cool guy, and I would be honored to shoot with him, he's "not relatable" to the average person, or even many gun owners. Not that his passion or arguments are bad, but the way he says stuff, and his mannerisms don't really come out right.

After all, gun-rights is as much a Public Image battle as it is a legislative one. The worst thing for gun rights is the continued portrayal of gun owners as fringe-lunatics decked out in camo with a lip of grizzly in their mouth.

I hope that we can change that. Stereotypes are offensive! haha

One man's opinion:

Our opposition acts like the lunatic fringe of the left. Feinstein would have confiscated if she got 51 votes. Sharpton says we have no rights to "unregulated rights", lefty entertainers weepily beg for action to limit our rights and our NJ legislators trip over each other to jerk their knees more than the next liberal.

Yet we must be demure. We cannot proclaim our pride boldly in living in the most free(for now) country in the world and exercising the right that will keep it that way. While Ted can be in your face, he is no more fringe than his counterparts on the left. They'll say anything. It may be time to ratchet it up a notch. Do not go gentle...

Meanwhile there was a "significant seismic event" in North Korea just now. Maybe an underground nuclear test.(hope not) Shouldn't congress worry about that? But I digress...

well said!! and hey his name is Ted

:)

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".[28][29]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/ted-nugent-sotu_n_2669962.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

"We know that the president will have the State of the Union stacked and jammed with props, children and victims of violent crime," Nugent said. "And my friends wanted me to attend to counter that the way that I do: with facts, statistics and common sense and logic and a celebration of self-evident truths. So I will be taking on the media orgy following the State of the Union Address."

Ted Nugent is just an old, aging as been rock star from the 70's who is looking for some last monents of fame. The guy is way over the top with his vile, hateful rhetoric.

I've never known him to say anything vile or hateful.

I really only know of him from a show he had about guns, where he was hunting some animals on his property, and hosting a bbq with servicemen.

He was a little goofy on there, which is why I've never felt he would be taken seriously.