SafetyHit

Where Is The NRA In This State?

First and foremost, if there is a thread(s) here discussing this topic I apologize. I did a search and read through a few pages of sub-forums, nothing came up. Also please understand that I know this is an old circumstance essentially ignored by the NJ firearm owners' community, as we have accepted our fate and now count on them for nothing that I'm aware of.

But along with this long standing sense of complacency regarding NRA inaction in states like ours, at least one otherwise well-informed person regarding firearm issues (me) has lost sight of the reason as to why we have been forsaken by the nations largest and most powerful pro-2A organization to this extent.

Therefore I'm hoping that some of the more knowledgable folks here regarding this topic can help us all remember why it is that we have been so completely and totally abandon by this group. You know, the one that rewards it's NJ members with absolutely nothing but urgent sounding, repeated solicitations.

Thank-you for any help.

were they the group was behind the failed "bb gun" court challenge?...its sad to think of all the thousands upon thousands of people in nj that dumped a shit ton of money on life memberships for themselves and family members etc as well as donations...and they essentially turn their back on nj with the its "no use"....i guess one can look at it as philanthropy...and have warm fuzzies for handing over hundreds if not thousands to further the rest of ther country's rights all the while having ours stripped further......

were they the group was behind the failed "bb gun" court challenge?...its sad to think of all the thousands upon thousands of people in nj that dumped a shit ton of money on life memberships for themselves and family members etc as well as donations...and they essentially turn their back on nj with the its "no use"....i guess one can look at it as philanthropy...and have warm fuzzies for handing over hundreds if not thousands to further the rest of ther country's rights all the while having ours stripped further......

As a life member, I kind of agree. I just made significant donations to ANJRPC and NJ2AS. That's where my money's going from now on.

The only good things about the NRA to me is the lifetime membership to American Rifleman and the benefit of adding a number to their membership to help them exercise general clout. Right now, I'm a lot less worried about things at the national level, but when that becomes a worry, I'm glad to have them.

New Jersey is a black hole for funding gun rights. In normal states (i.e. NOT NJ, NY, Cali, Mass), much of the population is pro-gun or neutral on gun issues. In New Jersey, gun owners are a minority. Pro-gun sentiments are a minority. We are a welfare state, siphoning money from the productive to the non-productive. The politicians who support and espouse this philosophy are almost NEVER in favor of public gun ownership because it is a sign of self-sufficiency, and would mean they would be out of a job. The NRA is smart enough to realize that they would be throwing good money after bad when it comes to New Jersey. I am happy that my dues are spent at the national level, where they will actually do some good.

New Jersey is a black hole for funding gun rights. In normal states (i.e. NOT NJ, NY, Cali, Mass), much of the population is pro-gun or neutral on gun issues. In New Jersey, gun owners are a minority. Pro-gun sentiments are a minority. We are a welfare state, siphoning money from the productive to the non-productive. The politicians who support and espouse this philosophy are almost NEVER in favor of public gun ownership because it is a sign of self-sufficiency, and would mean they would be out of a job. The NRA is smart enough to realize that they would be throwing good money after bad when it comes to New Jersey. I am happy that my dues are spent at the national level, where they will actually do some good.

Absolutely, but why does this translate into legal inaction? I know states have individual rights of course, but Heller should tell us what is possible despite strong political resistance, should it not?

And most importantly, why are they seemingly content to watch the dominos fall without even putting up any semblance of a fight here?

because the money keeps flowing in from jersey and they dont have to do anything for us....they want money to fight for our rights...we gine it...they say "theres no hope in nj...well fight where its easier...sorry"....we say "oh ok...here take more money because it makes me feel like im fighting the man"....do you blame them?

but never fear...theres people in nj fighting for our rights...we just had a really close call...a couple year battle...was gonna be the breakthrough case....come to find out it was basically some "prepaid legal" type lawyers whose ace in the hole was some bb gun crap...really? how much time energy and money was wasted on that?....at least "legally blonde" was cute and won...lol

because the money keeps flowing in from jersey and they dont have to do anything for us....they want money to fight for our rights...we gine it...they say "theres no hope in nj...well fight where its easier...sorry"....we say "oh ok...here take more money because it makes me feel like im fighting the man"....do you blame them?

Of course I blame them, that's the whole point for Christ's sake. It is contradictory to their primary mission of protecting the right of Americans, all Americans, to keep and bear arms.

Unless perhaps you have a disclaimer link on their website indicating that they are only willing to help in select states we can rightly conclude that this is indeed garbage and personally I'm long since tired of the excuses.

im in totoal agreement...saftey hit..it was meant as a sarcasm....its total horseshit that wh pump them full of money and get nothing in return ...and the "well they are fighting for national rights"...great...so that helps nj how?...nationally they allow any size mags...but some states choke the people....natinally you can have a stock that will adjust for me andmy wife...not nj...so yeah the national fight works well for us here

While I do support out local groups fighting for our rights, I am and will always be a NRA member. While they may it have done a lot locally, they are the national big boy and I feel have through national channels have stopped a lot of thing from happening around the county's and some of that stuff would have impacted up. Would I like to see more done here, absolutely, but looking at the bigger picture, we are a black hole for money vs. return, so until we need the final push from the big boy, we probably won't see much locally by them, but when we need it that final push, I do think they will be there. When they is, who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I figured there was some sarcasm mixed in there PJD, but still it is rather frustrating and something that should be addressed collectively at this point. You see they either are or they are not with us at this extremely critical time, and with all due respect to hd2000 above their national efforts have less and less impact on me and many other NJ/ex-NJ supporters each year.

I'm basically at the point where I don't care if they're protecting Joe Johnson's right to carry in Montana, we matter too and we as Americans are being denied the full and intended scope of our rights. Plus if they just focused on even one restrictive state and won it should set a precedent that you could be next and they are as formidable as you heard. Yes, even in the dreaded northeast.

Bottom line is many of us are now blindly complacent with them and that is simply a mistake on several levels.

Its like anything else. The squeaky wheel gets the most grease ANJRPC is the state rep had they been more forceful on getting attention from the NRA . Maybe they would have done something to help protect our rights. But I suspect (as I'm new to this)

that the old guard of ANJRPC was content in there own little kingdom and really did not want to many issues to deal with and/or attention. Plus for the most part the NRA is/was composed of more fudds then target shooters.

I think competition from SAF really woke the NRA up. I know for a fact that they were throwing a complete hissy fit when they thought SAF was going to be the sole name attached to the supreme court cases. They shook a bunch of trees in order to be named at the last second as a plaintiff. But wake up they did. They now are funding many cases in partnership with SAF.

As we know lawyers cost tons of money. I'm sure Gura gets a nice paycheck even though he did agree with a lower rate provided the SAF stick with him as lead attorney right to the supreme court. That turned out good as we know. So it was a win win.

Give money to NJ2AS, they have done more for this state than any other organization COMBINED.

I said it once and I'll say it again. After the dust settles the only organization that will see any of my money is the NJ2AS. All others know exactly what to do with themselves.

I know it not a popular view but it's my money and it will go where I want it to go.

I said it once and I'll say it again. After the dust settles the only organization that will see any of my money is the NJ2AS. All others know exactly what to do with themselves.

I know it not a popular view but it's my money and it will go where I want it to go.

the dust settled for me a long time ago- the NRA gets no funding from me other than the min yrly dues. And only that for the magazine and modest gun/injury insurence you can get for free with said dues. Why would i want to support a group that DOES NOT SUPPORT ME OR MY HOME STATE? My money goes to our local groups, the ones in the trenches and actually care what happens to NJ. Imagine if all of NJs NRA members gave their dues instead to ANJRPC, NJ2A, SAf..... I bet it that would help make a difference.

Do not discount what the NRA does on the national level. You may not like lobbyists -- after all the whole system reeks of impropriety and corruption -- but that's how the government works at most levels. Our fights for our civil rights in NJ are tough battles indeed. But our fight at the federal level is the War. I am a Life member of the NRA and have paid my dues in full but I still contribute to them periodically. Don't neglect the NRA-ILA, SAF, GOA, etc. Don't discount the NRA. Don't discount the NRA. Don't discount the NRA.

I support all of them but I am a bit disappointed that NRA isn't doing more for us. That said I will probably spring for $300 life membership some day if only to add to the numbers and keep the magazine coming.

But I am getting encouraged by the SAF's work in the courts. Alan Gura is a freaking genius. I will be supporting them and NJ2AS more, especially if they get a win with CCW.

I also support GOA, and I notice that they tend to fight more for gun dealers which is often overlooked by the other organizations. I like how Larry Pratt goes head to head with tools such as Piers Morgan.

We are a welfare state, siphoning money from the productive to the non-productive. The politicians who support and espouse this philosophy are almost NEVER in favor of public gun ownership because it is a sign of self-sufficiency, and would mean they would be out of a job. The NRA is smart enough to realize that they would be throwing good money after bad when it comes to New Jersey. I am happy that my dues are spent at the national level, where they will actually do some good.

Out of curiosity, is the state Gov't still NJ's largest industry?

Maybe it's where I live but most New Jerseyans I come in contact with lean conservative. And that's not just up here in Sussex, it's in Bergen, Morris, Passaic and even Essex outside of Newark and Paterson. Maybe it's just the crowd I hang with...

A federal ban/mag cap goes in place and it doesn't make a difference what is done at the state level. Supporting the NRA is still benefitial to us all. Personally I choose to support NRA, GOA, SAF, NJ2AS, ANJRPC. As hithey all have their clout and effectiveness at different levels. This is a full scale fight for the 2A at every level. That's just my opinion. To each their own.

I get frustrated as well, but we have to make it work for us, this is what they did in Maryland recently;

Keep the NRA in the background for the local fights and let them help the residents of the state fight their own battle. Otherwise, the Media accuses the NRA of drowning out the voice of the people. Make sure that your State Legislators know it is YOU not some big organization that they can accuse of working soley off of the money of the manufacturers.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=200816

I get frustrated as well, but we have to make it work for us, this is what they did in Maryland recently;

Keep the NRA in the background for the local fights and let them help the residents of the state fight their own battle. Otherwise, the Media accuses the NRA of drowning out the voice of the people. Make sure that your State Legislators know it is YOU not some big organization that they can accuse of working soley off of the money of the manufacturers.

http://sassnet.com/f...howtopic=200816

Yes. And I quote the entire paragraph from your link:

"

The NRA-ILA helped the Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Association get the word out and Maryland Shall Issue helped with detailed analysis of the bills. This is the way it works best. Keep the NRA in the background for the local fights and let them help the residents of the state fight their own battle. Otherwise, the Media accuses the NRA of drowning out the voice of the people. Make sure that your State Legislators know it is YOU not some big organization that they can accuse of working soley off of the money of the manufacturers."

What was their help on the two rallys we had?

Out of curiosity, is the state Gov't still NJ's largest industry?

Maybe it's where I live but most New Jerseyans I come in contact with lean conservative. And that's not just up here in Sussex, it's in Bergen, Morris, Passaic and even Essex outside of Newark and Paterson. Maybe it's just the crowd I hang with...

Just the crowd you hang with. Look who'se representing us. Mine in 27 sponsored the 5 capacity limit.

im in totoal agreement...saftey hit..it was meant as a sarcasm....its total horseshit that wh pump them full of money and get nothing in return ...and the "well they are fighting for national rights"...great...so that helps nj how?...nationally they allow any size mags...but some states choke the people....natinally you can have a stock that will adjust for me andmy wife...not nj...so yeah the national fight works well for us here

The antis think all these telescoping stocks are "folding," so you can fit them into your pocket. I haven't seen a folding stock in a long time.