RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! March 9th at Clinton WMA

Great to see everybody...Perfect day for bustin some clays. The Saiga 12 performed awesome today...Drez's highlight of the day poppin off 5 clays with a mag dump of the S12! I was able to get 4(gettin pretty good at this clay shooting thing lol)...couldn't snag that last one. The Mossy 930 w/extended mag tube ran like a champ as well...although she didn't seem to like the ammo I had today...Federal #8 Target 2 3/4 Dram 1145 FPS lot of FTE's....Lalo also had Fed #8 but a 3 Dram 1200FPS...all them ran perfect no issues...have to look into that. Anywho, thanks again everyone.

Bad ass vehicle in the lot award goes to...

20130309_120849_zps55c6fbe6.jpg

20130309_120833_zpsa51a6de5.jpg

Had a nice time today also! Brought the 10ga. muzzleloader double and my Winchester pump. Smoked most of them (haha) and shared the ML with one of the Dads on the far right cage.

Nice to meet all of you folks! Hope to do it again. And for Fishnut, remember to come & visit Old Bridge with your gun that needs some TLC and I'll see what I can do.

Keep smackin' em'!

Dave

another good day. too bad my ithaca didnt like the ammo i bought. i think i found the solution tho... buy a new shotgun to finish the case off. i think ill be buying federal and remington loads from now on tho.

Rounds get stuck in the chamber and don't want to extract?

Had a great time yesterday. Wish I didn't have to leave early this time.

Headed over to the .22 range and shot about 50 rounds before we left for home.. Too many people. Also would have loved to shoot some slugs out of my mossberg but the entire line was shooting 22 and I didn't want to disturb anyone LOL.

Rounds get stuck in the chamber and don't want to extract?

yep. i checked the rim of the herters i was using and some federal i know works and the rim was way thicker on the herters. i dont thing the extractor could grab it all the way. but if you know something i dont then please share.

Sorry I couldn't make it fellas!! Next time ill be around to make fun of those mossbergs!! Benelli = Champs

I think you mean Bemelli=Cramps and thats why you couldent make it LOL. Next month dont forget the midol!!!

yep. i checked the rim of the herters i was using and some federal i know works and the rim was way thicker on the herters. i dont thing the extractor could grab it all the way. but if you know something i dont then please share.

What worked for me - I took off the barrel and took a small file and gently smoothed and relieved the extractor channel on the barrel. I also took some wetsand sandpaper and polished the chamber in the barrel. Between those two things, mine stopped doing what you're experiencing.

What worked for me - I took off the barrel and took a small file and gently smoothed and relieved the extractor channel on the barrel. I also took some wetsand sandpaper and polished the chamber in the barrel. Between those two things, mine stopped doing what you're experiencing.

i would rather not mess with the gun. my gun wasnt the only one to have problems with that ammo either, i think it jammed at least once in every gun i used. i just have to not buy the cheap crap anymore. and its a good excuse to buy another shotgun to finish off the case that i have.

Yup it would fail to extract every 3 rounds or so but still I shot 8 boxes of it straight! Seemed like everyotherclay I was clearing stuck rounds..

Side note is there anyone who could recommend a smith to clean up the action on my 930? I think it could generally use a good polishing and fine tuning

Side note is there anyone who could recommend a smith to clean up the action on my 930? I think it could generally use a good polishing and fine tuning

OMG custom guns

Yup it would fail to extract every 3 rounds or so but still I shot 8 boxes of it straight! Seemed like everyotherclay I was clearing stuck rounds..

I handled yer gun yesterday and didn't experience any trouble with it. It needs a forceful stance to shoot the 2 3/4 dram light target loads is all. By that I mean to say that if "you lean into it" and NOT let the recoil knock you back (I'm 250 #, so no problemo) the gun will cycle. The Girls were having the most problems yesterday since they all lean backwards instead of forwards, causing the action to short-stroke. The remedies for this are: 1. Slick-up the moving parts with some sort of lubricant to reduce the metal-on-metal drag. I use WD-40 and a paper towel. 2. Clean the gun real well prior to shooting it, making sure to lube it well as noted previously. 3. Purchase a slightly less powerful spring from Brownells--their catalog is a wealth of info! 4. Use only (3) Dram loads that say 1200 FPS on the box. These will always cycle the action, even when the gun is dirty and you're going on a case of ammo shot!

I hope this helps. I'm offering this advice with no malice. I only want to see you enjoy your investment to it's fullest potential.

Great shooting with/alongside you.

Dave

10 ga. Black Powder Guy

Shootist

that muzzle loader was pretty cool. ive always wanted to get into that just a bit hesitant cuz i dont know what im doing.

Thanks for the Kudos! I figured it out with help from other Black Powder Gurus, now I AM one, lol! Any time you want to give it a go, just let me know! When someone else shoots the damn thing I actually get to see how it breaks the clays, lol, depending of course on which way the wind is blowin', lol! I bring it to our Club Matches once in a while too! Puts on a good show! And I never have to worry about runnin'-out of 12 ga. to feed my Pump!

Nick,

If you could, please email me these two images. I'd like to forward them to a friend who helped me with fixing & repairing this gun I love so much. He'd get a "kick" out of seeing them, and for some reson I can't see how to email them to myself.

Thanks,

Rosey