reloaderguy

Remington Arms will not support us!

They want us to contact our lawmakers. No more remington products for me! They are getting hammered on their facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/remingtonarmscompany?fref=ts

For nearly 200 years, Remington Arms has been at the side of the American hunter and shooter as well as our nation’s great military personnel and law enforcement officers. Today, we supply tens of millions of law-abiding Americans with the products they need for hunting, recreational shooting and home defense. From duck blinds to deer stands, from the range to home, we have long been a part of American life.

Alarmingly, this way of life is now under attack.

As the discussion of gun control and firearms ownership continues to play out on televisions, at water coolers and in living rooms around the country, important facts are being left out and the voices of some 100 million gun owners silenced. Please, make your voice heard today.

Tell your elected officials that in the fight against crime, focusing attention on law-abiding citizens and constitutionally protected products is neither a solution nor an option.

Here’s how you can help!

Step 1: Become a gun rights ADVOCATE: Click here to send a prepared email to your elected officials.

Step 2: Become a gun rights AMBASSADOR: Share this email with your friends and family. Urge them to stand up to those attempting to curtail our Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Armalite PR did the same thing but with an attitude, and then the ceo went and tried to make it all better. If they dont see action on their part as a smart business move, then they should all go under giving rise to companies willing to take the stand.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/20/have-any-more-gun-makers-stopped-selling-to-anti-2nd-amendment-states-oh-yeah-lots-more/

There might be a lotta reasons why the can't, like sunk plant costs, military contracts, whatever tax incentives they got for staying there having some sort of requirement for them to stay a certain length of time. Maybe they will look at it, but it will take a long time to happen. Even Magpul in CO can't move out of state in a few weeks and still keep making stuff

What they should do is move out of New York

So what is wrong with remngton, now? They are doing the same thing as Ruger. I don' have facebook, so I didn't look at that page

Continue to sell to LE and Govt agencies that they should be refusing to sell to and stand wit the american gun rights citizens!

Forgive me, but exactly how much Remington Arms stuff is sold to Law Enforcement or the Government? Ammo perhaps? I honestly don't know, but I suspect an announcement from them suspending Gov't sales isn't really holding a lot of weight.

Glock? Colt? Beretta? Sure.

Like Joe said, they make a statement by moving out fo the state. You want to pound their balls flat on that one, sure...it makes sense.

Funny stuff guys. "Move out of NY", refuse to sell to LE and Gov't agencies. Remind me not to put you guys in charge of a billion dollar arms conglomerate at any time in the future. Oh while we are at it lets alienate companies that are on our side of this battle by boycotting them because they haven't put their business at enough risk to satisfy us. Take a minute and think of the ramifications of shutting down production, disassembling the lines, transporting all that to another state and bringing it back up. Then figure real estate costs, taxes, regulatory fees. They have an obligation to their employees and financial backers to stay solvent.

Instead of a boycott how about a letter, email, and fax campaign asking them to put pressure on the states... contact the Freedom Group not just Remington.

Funny stuff guys. "Move out of NY", refuse to sell to LE and Gov't agencies. Remind me not to put you guys in charge of a billion dollar arms conglomerate at any time in the future. Oh while we are at it lets alienate companies that are on our side of this battle by boycotting them because they haven't put their business at enough risk to satisfy us. Take a minute and think of the ramifications of shutting down production, disassembling the lines, transporting all that to another state and bringing it back up. Then figure real estate costs, taxes, regulatory fees. They have an obligation to their employees and financial backers to stay solvent.

Instead of a boycott how about a letter, email, and fax campaign asking them to put pressure on the states... contact the Freedom Group not just Remington.

I'm not for their relocation unless their welcome has been overstayed. But with ANY other business facing consumer backlash, they have to weigh their options. There is a growing call for them to stand on the side of the people. For decades we have supported their companies and help fund their "billion dollar conglomerate". Its a business decision they'll have to gamble with the outcome. Stand by idly as govt cripples gun ownership and affecting their business, or put their head in the sand and get no support from those that remember their decision when we need them.

Forgive me, but exactly how much Remington Arms stuff is sold to Law Enforcement or the Government? Ammo perhaps? I honestly don't know, but I suspect an announcement from them suspending Gov't sales isn't really holding a lot of weight.

Glock? Colt? Beretta? Sure.

Like Joe said, they make a statement by moving out fo the state. You want to pound their balls flat on that one, sure...it makes sense.

But it does show unity among the manufacturers for the sector of their business that generates the most revenue. They owe it to those who have, and will, support them through the years.

Dunno but Mossberg doesn't get all the LEO business for riot shotguns. Some agencies outfit their vehicles with 870's.

One way or another, if they have contracts with agencies, they cannot just stop sales.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

"After our contractual obligations have been fulfilled, we will no longer sell our product to the same govt agencies that are hell bent on disarming its citizens while ignoring the 2nd amendment rights bestowed upon them. "

See.. that wasnt so hard :)

And go out of business, right, that sounds smart. Any gun company with large Military or LE contracts is NOT going to boycott. Face facts!

That is fine.. and I hope their business can sustain the same solvency without a public market. Its a business decision just like any other.

If Remington were to move from Ilion, it would devastate the town and Herkimer County. During the war, Ilion used to employ as many as 15,000 employees. That area today is limping along on life support. There are but 1,000 employees left there, with the remainder in Kentucky and South Carolina.

I could wish no ill on Remington in New York.

That is fine.. and I hope their business can sustain the same solvency without a public market. Its a business decision just like any other.

You really think the public is going to boycott Remmington? Sure some will, but not that many to make a difference. And as I said, Military and LE contracts are key, as they are guaranteed profit. The same reason why you will never see Glock, S&W, Sig or H&K boycott either.

If Remington were to move from Ilion, it would devastate the town and Herkimer County. During the war, Ilion used to employ as many as 15,000 employees. That area today is limping along on life support. There are but 1,000 employees left there, with the remainder in Kentucky and South Carolina.

I could wish no ill on Remington in New York.

Democrats don't care. Look at every Democratic dream land city. They are all a mess. The entitlement voter base will continue to re elect based on race and party affiliation. Most voters are stupid and in the inner city, they are borderline retarded.

You really think the public is going to boycott Remmington? Sure some will, but not that many to make a difference. And as I said, Military and LE contracts are key, as they are guaranteed profit. The same reason why you will never see Glock, S&W, Sig or H&K boycott either.

Well good. You just keep sitting at your computer every day and send those little love letter pleas and email to all your politicians in Trenton!