brocglock23

Gun permit applications and sales 'skyrocketing' in wake of new legislation

http://www.nj.com/gl...ons_and_sa.html

Greenwich Chief Joseph Giordano Jr. said. “It averages one a day, sometimes two or three. It’s constant ... we just can’t handle the big influx. And it’s not just one handgun or one shotgun permit. Some people want rifle permits, or are applying for two or three handguns.”

Shotgun and Rifle permits??? I don't have to wonder anymore why people who don't own guns think it's too hard to get one. I'm sure articles like this are a good deterrent for newbies.

Hopefully all these new firearms applicants will help to fight for our rights.

It's disheartening how many people ask me "how can I get my permit? I want to get a gun before the law changes"

Then I sigh, and remind them that if they participate in the process, they might not have to.

Everyone who is aplying for these permits needs to fight with us. People need to know the facts and be informed. Then they need to reach out to out to their local politicians and let them know how they feel.

1ltcap you need to fight with us so these things don't pass.

i haven't gotten to the point of making phone calls as yet, but i'm doing the best i can to educate people with facts. i had a 2 hour conversation with a customer and his college aged daughter about "assault" weapons. after i got them to understand that there really isn't an assault weapon in the hands of a civilian, i was able to help them understand., i was actually able to see the lights come on.

i think i've had only 1 failure of getting someone to understand.....and she simply kept turning off her hearing when she didn't want to hear any more.......

Everyone who is aplying for these permits needs to fight with us. People need to know the facts and be informed. Then they need to reach out to out to their local politicians and let them know how they feel.

I've been doing my best with that, I always refer people who wish to apply to their town's website (wherever their town has the FID application).

I know of 4 people recently who applied for the first time, and I got all of them to contact their politicians regarding this stuff. Had a few who aren't applying contact them as well.

Surprisingly there are many people who support gun rights, even if they have no desire to own a gun. I think people forget to inform these people as to what's going on.

I was at a party Saturday night and made guns and our crazy state rules the topic of the night. Three more people now plan to go to my range. Two more will be getting permits, and one learned that there are no legal guns that fire lots of bullets by you just holding the trigger down.

...one learned that there are no legal guns that fire lots of bullets by you just holding the trigger down.

Not for us civilians here in the PRNJ, but cross the Delaware and full auto is available to those civilians with deep enough pockets, clean records, and time to wait.

I was at a party Saturday night and made guns and our crazy state rules the topic of the night. Three more people now plan to go to my range. Two more will be getting permits, and one learned that there are no legal guns that fire lots of bullets by you just holding the trigger down.

Had the same conversation with my sis in law and corrected her idea of assault rifles. She quickly changed her mind. Especially after I pointed out that once the second falls, everything else could fall. Her initial response was no they can't. But when I pointed out that in four years, there could be a super majority on the right, abortion could fall, funding for social obligations could fall, right to vote, free speech, religion, etc... She then quickly changed her tune.

Everyone wants the constitutional amendments that are convenient for their agenda. The only time my agenda is valid is when it helps their agenda.

Not for us civilians here in the PRNJ, but cross the Delaware and full auto is available to those civilians with deep enough pockets, clean records, and time to wait.

True that. But I was talking about a regular semi-auto pistol -- he thought (as many do) they just shoot burst of bullets if you hold the trigger down.

True that. But I was talking about a regular semi-auto pistol -- he thought (as many do) they just shoot burst of bullets if you hold the trigger down.

most people also think that even IF one has a full auto machine gun, such as an m16, that they can fire almost endlessly. they need to have it explained to them that that 30 round mag will run empty fairly quickly.

i've talked to a few military personel.....they also say that they rarely if ever put theri weapons on full auto for just that reason.......

most people also think that even IF one has a full auto machine gun, such as an m16, that they can fire almost endlessly. they need to have it explained to them that that 30 round mag will run empty fairly quickly.

i've talked to a few military personel.....they also say that they rarely if ever put theri weapons on full auto for just that reason.......

I've played enough Call of Duty to know that's fake, I mean that game is totally accurate, right?

I mean, anyone can survive being shot by a .50 cal at point blank, duhhhhh....

I've played enough Call of Duty to know that's fake, I mean that game is totally accurate, right?

I mean, anyone can survive being shot by a .50 cal at point blank, duhhhhh....

would you believe me if i told you that i've talked to people that think that crap's accurate?

http://www.nj.com/gl...ons_and_sa.html

Greenwich Chief Joseph Giordano Jr. said. “It averages one a day, sometimes two or three. It’s constant ... we just can’t handle the big influx.

I just got my 3 new P2P's yesterday after waiting 7 weeks and when I complained a little bit about the long wait, the clerk (who is actually really nice and always is) said that they are getting an average of 50+ permit requests per week. She had to go through about 3 stacks that were about a foot or more high just to find mine. I would have rather had them in like 2-3 weeks, but you gotta feel for these people who are caught in the middle of this battle. And to make it even harder on them, my township cut out Friday's as a work day recently in order to save money. So they are just overwhelmed and can't even answer the phone when I call or even return voicemail messages, I had to go there in person twice just to inquire. So, 7 weeks at 50+ per week means that I was probably 1 of 350 people calling and showing up to constantly stop them from processing and look through the stacks, over and over and over...